matthijs

Like it :)

What do you use to clean the mirror pickguard of an MA without trace?

And any tips to keep the fretboard clean and dark?

Thanks

Usually I just use a microfibre cloth to clean the mirror, I've never really used a polish or anything on it

And get some of the fretboard oil from Mansons. Unless your fretboard is really dirty, then you might need something else to clean it first

Kill switch vs Kill button

I prefer the Gibson style switch, On-Off-On gives some good speed staccato if needed, and also harder to accidentally end up in the off position. Still able to use it as a volume kill without having to touch the volume knob. It is great for bits where you dial in your volume to that perfect 6.7834, then need to kill the volume. Use the switch, then can go right back to that exact volume setting you had before.

Think it depends what you want to do. I'd say the toggle switch is more versatile and useful overall, but the button has it's own sound. For me, I prefer controlling the "On" than the "Off" though, so a button is a bit counter intuitive in that sense.

If the three-way is in the down position while playing, theres a big chance Ill bump it into middle position while rockin' :$

I tend to leave mine in the up position to avoid that, but if I want to be actually using it, I'll toggle it between middle and down. Just feels more natural to me that way.

Yeah, on my custom, I've always found it cool that I can just mute the magnetic signal and keep playing the piezo. If you then roll the magnetic volume back just a tiny bit and have the fuzz factory on, you can have the fuzz factory oscillating unaffected by the strings, because the signal is muted before it gets that far, even if you're still playing the piezo or whatever. If you had three arms, you could do the Hyper Chondriac Music intro effect pretty perfectly just with that, haha! Could also play the piano part with the midi and the GR-55 but you'd have to loop the other stuff first so it's far too much effort, haha! :LOL:

I always assumed that Matt had his kill switch installed as he had the Piezo on a separate volume control to the magnetic pickups. I figured it was easier to mute that way than rolling off two volumes.

Do you mean it mutes one or both? I'm pretty sure my tele which is wired that way mutes both with the kill switch

Do you mean it mutes one or both? I'm pretty sure my tele which is wired that way mutes both with the kill switch

I mean kill switch kills everything, piezo and magnetic. Makes most sense yeah?

Interesting - my custom's wired so kill switch is only on the magnetic (which is what I wanted).

Magnetic - Kill Switch - Fuzz Factory - Output

Piezo - Output

Like that I think. Gives me a lot more options with piezo and fuzz factory than if it just killed everything.

Archived