matthijs

Hey guys, just wanting to ask something. I'm looking into getting a Manson guitar, but I'm just wondering, are the MA series guitars better or are the Matt Bellamy Signatures better?

Thanks

i would say the MB1's are better, you pretty much get what you pay for :D

ask the master @james90

I always get excited when I see musecasters or rust_relic post in this thread - it means there's something noteworthy!

and it depends what you're looking for really. Do you just want a really good guitar, or a really good but better guitar with a MIDI screen and a red glitter finish and a certificate and the same shape as matt and built in the UK?

Hey guys, just wanting to ask something. I'm looking into getting a Manson guitar, but I'm just wondering, are the MA series guitars better or are the Matt Bellamy Signatures better?

Thanks

Manson MB-1 > Manson MA Guitar > Cort MBC-1

Manson MB-1 has a waiting list and is normally about a year to complete

Manson MA Guitar and Cort MBC-1 are pretty much in stock or a few months waiting list

You do get what you pay for but if you can sacrifice not having a Manson logo on the headstock the Cort guitar is fantastic value for money

I was playing my Cort into a Kemper PowerRack (costing 1800 pounds) at the weekend, didn't sound massively different from when I played my MB-1 into a Diezel VH4 (costing 6200 pounds) a month beforehand :)

I was playing my Cort into a Kemper PowerRack (costing 1800 pounds) at the weekend, didn't sound massively different from when I played my MB-1 into a Diezel VH4 (costing 6200 pounds) a month beforehand :)

Damn, I guess there was more of a price difference between 2004 and now than we originally thought!

Yeah, the MA range of guitars are basically kit guitars. Unless it's hand build in Exeter, it's not really a real Manson.

He didn't say that though. I do think the MB guitars are better guitars (MIDI and other stuff aside) than the MAs, but then they cost over twice as much.

Would I still consider the MA guitars legit? Yeah why not. They're meant to be production custom guitars from what I understand, so they're not like a generic off the shelf tele copy or anything - they're still made to a custom spec, but in a factory rather than in the UK.

Donut like.

I personally think that the MA is not far behind the MGs in build terms. I guess things like wood selection are better with the mbs. That said, I thought the E series guitars were much nicer to play than the mb2se and the MAs, so that's what I bought.

I know they're really just import guitars, and probably £500 more than a comparable prs for example but they're really nice guitars.

Does anyone remember the review that was in guitarist in December 2012(?)

They reviewed an e62 and a 7 I think.

I'd like to read it again, I'm sure I have a copy somewhere but I don't know where.

Anyone have scans??

Isn't there some dude with an MB-1 that plays for some pretty well known electronic/pop band? I can understand why some people would rather not have a signature guitar though

Archived