matthijs

I wonder if it's to give it more depth? I know Hugh claims that the holes emphasise The high mid resonance somehow? I certainly noticed the original Sagrada sounded brighter than the other guitars at the Manchester gig.

That said, it's almost certainly just because it looks cool with that finish.

I wonder if it's to give it more depth? I know Hugh claims that the holes emphasise The high mid resonance somehow? I certainly noticed the original Sagrada sounded brighter than the other guitars at the Manchester gig.

That said, it's almost certainly just because it looks cool with that finish.

No idea mate. Do you suppose the holes sound different than weight relief covered up with a solid top and back?

Meaning,

Zy7vT.jpg

rather than

10980727_328075787400118_4520060026700459475_n.jpg?oh=7dc38a58cf490f4339e82e4b11249dad&oe=5656989D

I don't know what body wood the first guitar is made of (I think it might have been swamp ash?), but the bottom one is tulipwood. It originally had the MBK-2, but it was pretty high-mid focused. I found it a tad too bright, so I put the MBK-3 in. It's still mostly upper mids, but just a little fuller sounding now.

Yes, I would surmise that the open holes would sound different to a chambered guitar due to lack of resonance in the cavities. However, I'd say the holes would sound more like a chambered body than it would sound like a solid body.

I guess it would sound more 'airy'.....

Ended up changing my mind from the cort to a proper Manson. Found out the wait was 12-16 weeks for MA builds right now so I just went for broke and went all out.

This is all I got.

MA-2 Evo-S w/ black holo sparkle finish

Sustainer upgrade

Custom hardware tone/volume

Kill button

Hard case/ Strap

Real excited for it! The wait will suck, but I have no doubt it'll be well worth it. I'm going to just buy the base model of the cort to use in the meantime.

Ended up changing my mind from the cort to a proper Manson. Found out the wait was 12-16 weeks for MA builds right now so I just went for broke and went all out.

This is all I got.

Sustainer upgrade

Kill button

Hard case/ Strap

Real excited for it! The wait will suck, but I have no doubt it'll be well worth it. I'm going to just buy the base model of the cort to use in the meantime.

You're buying a Cort to tide you over? <----- Doing it right

I'll be at Manson's on Saturday. Can Not Wait.

This is all I got.

Sustainer upgrade

Kill button

Hard case/ Strap

This is the same choice I made when I was looking for a Manson/replica - and I don't regret it for a second. Enjoy the MA-2 when it comes!

Also will be interesting to hear how it feels after having played the Cort as its replacement for a little while. That is, how the two stack up directly as opposed to simply your thoughts on the Cort.

This is all I got.

Sustainer upgrade

Kill button

Hard case/ Strap

got pretty much the same guitar coming in the next two months or so, excited!

Had my MA for a while now, the quality is fantastic! It somehow feels easier to play than all of the guitars I've owned previously mainly Fender and a few others. Kill button is great fun also.

I do have 2 gripes though.

The pick up selector switch likes to spring back to the middle position when moved to the bridge position.

The other being a personal gripe, the Sustainiac pick up has to be close to the strings to work, but I tend to be sat down when playing so my hand comes right over the bridge pick up to play (my arms are super long because I'm 6 foot 4). This means I keep catching it with my pick, and it's super annoying.

Had my MA for a while now, the quality is fantastic! It somehow feels easier to play than all of the guitars I've owned previously mainly Fender and a few others. Kill button is great fun also.

The pick up selector switch likes to spring back to the middle position when moved to the bridge position.

The other being a personal gripe, the Sustainiac pick up has to be close to the strings to work, but I tend to be sat down when playing so my hand comes right over the bridge pick up to play (my arms are super long because I'm 6 foot 4). This means I keep catching it with my pick, and it's super annoying.

i've never had a problem like that with the selector switch, sounds weird!

How much more do you have to spend on holo-glitz?

I think heyjackk said that one he's having done was around £250. Not sure if that varies though, as I recall the one I had done was a bit more.

It's one of the little metal prongs inside the switch that causes that. They bend out of place sometimes. You can try bending them back, but it's pretty tricky as you have to get it positioned to how it was originally, otherwise it won't work properly. I've done this to the kill switch in one of my guitars, and it barely kills the signal in the middle position now :facepalm:

And there's not a whole lot you can do about that really. Can't say I've ever had a similar problem though, but I guess it's more technique than anything else?

Got my MA being built currently - so excited! Asked Adrian to email me updates 5 weeks ago and it's due in 2 weeks so I'm sad. I feel like he's not spoken to me and I'm like do I need to take him to the cinema, have a nice meal etc. I know Adrian is a tough catch so I'm tryin to cling onto our relationship you get me? I mean, it's almost like he's answering hundreds of emails a day for a busy guitar shop or summat.

james90 = Adrian

I've taken many forms. Most common one is Matt Bellamy wearing the stig's helmet... there's photographic evidence too :ninja:

Maybe I should request tug jobs with the amount of questions I answer on here (though I'm almost always wrong I'm sure)

Who did I answer last? Sam?

YOU'RE FIRST

Archived