matthijs

Yeah they're pretty solid. I do try to take care of them considering what they cost, but I'm sure Marconi can tell you all about that massive crater on vile orange...

Can't believe that was the last one and it got destroyed.

And I can't find the video from earlier, but it didn't sound like Matt was in the same tuning after he knocked over the amp.... but then the bass was tuned the same, so I have no idea what they did :erm:

Considering contacting Manson about a finish repair. Completely unsure if it would require a complete refinish or maybe just reapplying the laquer? There's another small crack on the side from it hitting my desk too :facepalm:

However any spare money for guitar endeavours at the moment is pretty much all going towards an amp so I doubt Vile will be healed anytime soon.

Considering contacting Manson about a finish repair. Completely unsure if it would require a complete refinish or maybe just reapplying the laquer? There's another small crack on the side from it hitting my desk too :facepalm:

I think it was too deep a crater, but I don't know. I'm guessing they don't have that exact finish either, since it was done at the czech factory.

Don't do a complete refinish though - it was the last one of its kind...

What would you get for a refinish?

I think it was too deep a crater, but I don't know. I'm guessing they don't have that exact finish either, since it was done at the czech factory.

Don't do a complete refinish though - it was the last one of its kind...

What would you get for a refinish?

I wouldn't re-finish to a different colour. Just try to repair the damage to the original finish. Although as you said they may not be able to do that. Hmm.

It still says it's in stock to me

I'm surprised #34 is still there. I'd snap that up if I had the money to spare...

It still says it's in stock to me

I'm surprised #34 is still there. I'd snap that up if I had the money to spare...

They said on FB that it sold.

sherpa_man is looking a bit guilty... (that or the chuggz were a bit too much this time)

And yeah, me too...Even more surprised that the blue MA-X is there. That is an amazing guitar.

I've actually just been speaking to them on an order and they offered that to me before it went up on the site! The 4k price put me off though... It was actually supposed to be a holo glitter finish but was changed last minute.

Mine is very similar but with the glitter finish and its much less. Perhaps its the burnt maple neck!

However any spare money for guitar endeavours at the moment is pretty much all going towards an amp so I doubt Vile will be healed anytime soon.

I don't know about cracks, but they fixed lacquer chips and scratches on my MB-1 quite nicely. I've got a little pot of the finish restorer myself now too just in case, but I generally try and be pretty careful. :chuckle:

Looks quite nice with the way the pickup and knobs and so on blend with the finish. I imagine the multicoloured flashing screen might ruin that effect slightly though. :chuckle:

found this buried deep inside the intertubes...

IIKg9Ar.jpg

maybe it was there for a reason

That is truly horrid

I don't know about cracks, but they fixed lacquer chips and scratches on my MB-1 quite nicely. I've got a little pot of the finish restorer myself now too just in case, but I generally try and be pretty careful. :chuckle:

I think it is just laquer, certainly my one is, just a little web-crack.

As for the Petrow-crater, it looks to me like it doesn't quite get down to the finish. We'll see. Also, anyone tried to talk to Manson about the chipping to the black MBK finishes? While its deterioration is slow it's definitely getting worse.

f03e5b5acc3f505668c73d58f8f771b0.jpg

feat. Chief Wiggum with "That's some good flutin' boy"

Hmm no idea about the finish then. What does the pickup look like now?

From what Jaicen said about one of the first black MBK-2 pickups (which would end up relic'd within minutes of playing) it was the cover underneath the paint which wasn't clean before the finish went on.

It's not just the MBK pickups either - I've got a standard black BKP in one guitar and it's done the same thing.

Hmm no idea about the finish then. What does the pickup look like now?

From what Jaicen said about one of the first black MBK-2 pickups (which would end up relic'd within minutes of playing) it was the cover underneath the paint which wasn't clean before the finish went on.

It's not just the MBK pickups either - I've got a standard black BKP in one guitar and it's done the same thing.

That's interesting. I assume then that it's not something Manson will do off their own back if it's a BK issue as well. If I ever do send it in ill be sure to ask. If the time comes I'll probably get them to put a sustaniac in there too. My Fernandes now only shifts harmonics in the 3rd position; mixed and normal now sound the same :facepalm:

Here's the pickup be6279bd18df92236b0dbbaeac4d12b4.jpg

Yeah that's what the standard BKP I mentioned looks like.

I'd try putting a new battery and checking the trim pots... it's weird that it would stop working correctly after a while. I thought the one in that guitar was pretty good!

I haven't restrung it in a little while, maybe that's contributing to it, they aren't hitting the harmonics effectively? I'll have a look at the pots, the battery is pretty fresh so shouldn't be an issue, but can't hurt I suppose.

Yeah, it was a dream when it first arrived, although the screeching on harmonic mode has always been an issue, although it wasn't as bad back then.

Archived