matthijs

I agree with that guitar, it's absolutely stunning but the black chrome doesn't quite work but if you were to get some black chrome pickup covers it would complete it for me. Either that or black hardware.

I don't know what it is with gotoh but the best hardware is always the hardest to get hold of :)

That looks great !!! :D

Yeah, though the fluorescent lighting is making it look a bit different there. sometimes it's difficult to tell it's actually a burst finish

James, they're here!

:eek::eek::eek: send me a PM

I agree with that guitar, it's absolutely stunning but the black chrome doesn't quite work but if you were to get some black chrome pickup covers it would complete it for me. Either that or black hardware.

I don't know what it is with gotoh but the best hardware is always the hardest to get hold of :)

No idea where to get the pickup covers from. BKP doesn't do it for some reason, but does just about any other finish you can imagine. I did have black chrome pickup covers put on afterwards on some pickups, but the finish faded after a while and didn't match the rest of the black chrome hardware on that guitar

No idea where to get the pickup covers from. BKP doesn't do it for some reason, but does just about any other finish you can imagine. I did have black chrome pickup covers put on afterwards on some pickups, but the finish faded after a while and didn't match the rest of the black chrome hardware on that guitar

That's exactly what I did and exactly the same problem I had :LOL:. I think I will remove most of hardware and pup covers and have them re-plated soon hopefully that way they will fade equally :)

That's exactly what I did and exactly the same problem I had :LOL:. I think I will remove most of hardware and pup covers and have them re-plated soon hopefully that way they will fade equally :)

They were apparently really expensive too. The new ones are solid black, but for some reason, more than half of the black covered BKPs I have aren't durable at all. The finish chips right off. I managed to 'relic' the bridge pickup on that guitar in the picture the first time I played it!

Some are absolutely fine though, and I have no idea why.

Bad batch, on the one I have, the nickel under the finish has corroded, which may be why it'd flake off easy?? Don't know, got mine second hand from a board member....

Sounds dodgy :ninja:

That's weird though. It doesn't seem to be consistent at all either... the one you have was from the first batch of black MBK-2s, but then I have some more recent standard BKPs which have this problem too (although not as bad, as Simno managed to relic that MBK-2 pickup cover within minutes!)

I think I have at least three black covered BKPs that haven't chipped, but two that have.

Shame it had more switches than the death star though! And looked like a safety jacket :LOL:

I don't recall it having loads of switches, but loads of control knobs rather

Also, Mansons are supplying me the gotoh black chrome stuff. I'll probably have them late next week, and I'll take plenty of pictures for you before I send them off

OR you could wait and see the finished product.

I don't recall it having loads of switches, but loads of control knobs rather

Also, Mansons are supplying me the gotoh black chrome stuff. I'll probably have them late next week, and I'll take plenty of pictures for you before I send them off

OR you could wait and see the finished product.

Either is fine with me :) considering how great black chrome hardware looks its really is surprising how little you see it! How much was it all from Manson's anyway?

Either is fine with me :) considering how great black chrome hardware looks its really is surprising how little you see it! How much was it all from Manson's anyway?

Didn't get a price for the bridge yet, but I figure the machine heads will be around £10-15 more than the plain chrome ones they have listed. Not sure really.

Didn't get a price for the bridge yet, but I figure the machine heads will be around £10-15 more than the plain chrome ones they have listed. Not sure really.

That's pretty good really and if I ever bought them myself I wouldn't have to have them shipped halfway around the world :)

It's been 12 months now that I've been waiting for my custom build. I'm getting real anxious. :(

What's the current status?

The ground up builds I've ordered have been between anywhere from 7-10 months. I do know that the sparkle finish on that part custom took a while, so maybe that's why yours is taking a bit longer

What's the current status?

The ground up builds I've ordered have been between anywhere from 7-10 months. I do know that the sparkle finish on that part custom took a while, so maybe that's why yours is taking a bit longer

The last I emailed them the status was getting the paint job right. That was in May.

I've avoided asking them for any more updates since then, because the tone I sensed from the last one was that my emails were starting to get on their tits.

The last I emailed them the status was getting the paint job right. That was in May.

I've avoided asking them for any more updates since then, because the tone I sensed from the last one was that my emails were starting to get on their tits.

Weird. Maybe they were trying to get the color right. Did you give them a sample or did you just tell them that you wanted it to be yellow?

I can't remember just how long the finish on that other one took, but it was definitely a fair bit longer than the others. Not just because of the glitter, but that type of wood is also very absorbent apparently

Weird. Maybe they were trying to get the color right. Did you give them a sample or did you just tell them that you wanted it to be yellow?

I can't remember just how long the finish on that other one took, but it was definitely a fair bit longer than the others. Not just because of the glitter, but that type of wood is also very absorbent apparently

Well, initially I wasn't really that fussed on what yellow it could be. But Adrian really wanted me to get specific, so I went trawling the internet and just randomly settled for what was described as a Mustang Yellow.

I would've been quite happy for them to yellow it up and see what happens rather than be fussy, but I was kinda just giving them as much as they wanted thinking it was making their work easier.

I'd be more than happy to be open to their own suggestions as well, but they haven't communicated with me about any difficulties to troubleshoot with them. But there we go.

Just the idea that I've gotten a year older since ordering is depressing.

Archived