matthijs

I expect a full video demo of the Bs-1 as well....please

Will do my best. Just spent an hour or so playing on the crappy broken acoustic I got here (old pick, old strings, and all) - forgotten how to play a lot of stuff which I'll need to go through again when I get back, but after about half an hour I did start to get back into the swing of playing at least. Hope it isn't too hard to get back to my previous level once I'm back.

Nein. I was referring to the 7 string.

Edit: James, I'm picking up those things we discussed this week. #soon

Sounds good. It will be the finishing touch, considering the others are a bit mangled

Will do my best. Just spent an hour or so playing on the crappy broken acoustic I got here (old pick, old strings, and all) - forgotten how to play a lot of stuff which I'll need to go through again when I get back, but after about half an hour I did start to get back into the swing of playing at least. Hope it isn't too hard to get back to my previous level once I'm back.

Taking a break sometimes helps I find, but I never do it for more than a few days...so that probably doesn't mean anything

Are you taking this acoustic back with you? Or will you give it a proper sendoff (as in smashing it to pieces) at your farewell concert at the end of comfortably numb? You'll have to fit the uprising outro riff in there if you're going to do that, though.

Frankly, I'd be happy to see it smashed to bits, but it's too much effort, haha! I won't be taking it back with me though, will have to get rid of it somehow - can't wait to actually play a good guitar again when I'm back. It's going to feel amazing.

Frankly, I'd be happy to see it smashed to bits, but it's too much effort, haha! I won't be taking it back with me though, will have to get rid of it somehow - can't wait to actually play a good guitar again when I'm back. It's going to feel amazing.

give it away to a street urchin

I think that's your solution right there.

Have you played a 7 string before? It might take some getting used to for that as well.

Have you played a 7 string before? It might take some getting used to for that as well.

Yeah, I tried a few out a while back just to see how it felt. Personally, I didn't have any problems making the switch, so I'm not too worried.

Some quotes from rareelectricguitar.com

However, a sparrow may be small but it has all the vital organs.

Mail us for much HD pictures.

We can almost guarantee that the customized guitar will be completed within 15-18 working days, because we have more staffs.

Interested parties welcome the consultation and look forward to working with you.

Wilkinson is a suitable Korean pick-up brand name, not as widely recognized as those fame companies

Why Setting Up Relic Custom Department?

Are you looking for a relic guitar which looks like that it has been existed for 30-40 years?

I think Jim has to answer that last one... though I'm guilty of getting two aged guitars from hooglebug (at least he does it tastefully!)

I thought wilkinson was a fairly well known brand. Maybe not for their pickups, but definitely the bridges and stuff

And yeah Jaicen, I believe that to be true. sidious911 knows a guy who got one, so maybe he can find out.

I need some gotoh stuff. What was the turnaround time like with that japanese guitar parts website from canada? And were they easy to deal with?

It took 3-4 weeks for the stuff from payment to delivery. Not the fastest option around, but it was really the only way I found to actually have full access to the full catalog of Gotoh, and reasonable pricing.

Places like AllParts carry the HAP tuners.. http://www.allparts.com/TK-8982-010-Gotoh-HAP-6-in-Line-Chrome-Tuners_p_4517.html - $145+Tax (and duties for me in Canada). I got the HAP-M (Locking) for $116 I believe it was.

You can order any combination of tuner/gear ratio/knob/finish through that company, worth the wait IMO.

It took 3-4 weeks for the stuff from payment to delivery. Not the fastest option around, but it was really the only way I found to actually have full access to the full catalog of Gotoh, and reasonable pricing.

Places like AllParts carry the HAP tuners.. http://www.allparts.com/TK-8982-010-Gotoh-HAP-6-in-Line-Chrome-Tuners_p_4517.html - $145+Tax (and duties for me in Canada). I got the HAP-M (Locking) for $116 I believe it was.

You can order any combination of tuner/gear ratio/knob/finish through that company, worth the wait IMO.

Hmm that isn't too bad. Allparts doesn't have the black chrome finish I want, so I'll be getting them from that other website. Need to get a 510 bridge and tailpiece, and the SGS510Z H.A.P. machine heads. I'm not quite sure of the difference between these though:

SGS510Z H.A.P

SGS510Z H.A.P-A

SGS510Z H.A.P-M

I understand the 'M' is the magnum lock, but not sure about the first two.

Hmm that isn't too bad. Allparts doesn't have the black chrome finish I want, so I'll be getting them from that other website. Need to get a 510 bridge and tailpiece, and the SGS510Z H.A.P. machine heads. I'm not quite sure of the difference between these though:

SGS510Z H.A.P

SGS510Z H.A.P-A

SGS510Z H.A.P-M

Given the pictures, the HAP A seem to have a slighter higher high point, and don't go quite as low. I got the HAP M tuners, they are great! If you contact japarts, they were pretty helpful and could probably give you more information on them too.

SGS510Z H.A.P

SGS510Z H.A.P-A

SGS510Z H.A.P-M

Black chrome gotohs are as cool as it gets I have some on my sg and I have actually considered licking them several times as they look so amazing!

There are just a nightmare to get hold of!

Black chrome gotohs are as cool as it gets I have some on my sg and I have actually considered licking them several times as they look so amazing!

There are just a nightmare to get hold of!

I agree, though I've never considered licking them :pope: the X-nickel hardware is pretty nice too, especially against the right finish:

me5RHHR.jpg

Where did you get your gotoh hardware from? I'll probably get mine from that canadian gotoh dealer.

I agree, though I've never considered licking them :pope: the X-nickel hardware is pretty nice too, especially against the right finish:

Where did you get your gotoh hardware from? I'll probably get mine from that canadian gotoh dealer.

I managed to find a guy in the US whose personal situation changed and no longer needed them, so I bought them from him brand new :) Trust me next time you see some black chrome hardware you will consider licking them ;)

I managed to find a guy in the US whose personal situation changed and no longer needed them, so I bought them from him brand new :) Trust me next time you see some black chrome hardware you will consider licking them ;)

Sounds a bit like me, but rather than a personal situation of some sort, I usually just end up buying stuff I don't need.

But... this time... it's different.

1. I requested a set of chrome 510s from Mansons to replace a set of worn out standard gotohs on another guitar (they should be a drop in replacement from the looks of things)

2. The black chrome gotoh bridge and machine heads are going to go on something else I have going. I just need to figure out where I'm going to get them from. If Mansons has some spares that they'd be willing to sell to me (not sure if they're only meant for the works guitars) then I might as well get them as I have some stuff being sent over soon.

Which doesn't really make sense as they'd be going back to the UK anyway, so I don't know.

And I see them quite often. :ninja:

976348_10151644201795944_1706962014_o.jpg

Machine heads are black chrome too. Not sure why, but both this guitar and the one before it were spec'd to have plain black hardware, but they ended up with black chrome. I think it works really well on the first one, but I'm not sure if the second one (in the picture above) would look better with plain black or not.

Archived