matthijs

I still think that one needs a complete reshuffle of hardware, doesn't quite look right. Especially the cream pick up rings. The photo of the back looks stunning though.

What would you do exactly? I think it works pretty well with the maple fretboard and scraped edges.

Wasn't the far left one originally Bellamy's?

For about a month. rust_relic had it from 2005 to 2011, and then he sold it to me. I don't know whether it was the bridge or finish Matt didn't like. Probably both since the replacement had a chrome finish and a floyd rose.

Yeah, the Rust Relic and the Red MB-1 were mine, the Black MB-1 was my brother's (Musecasters)

That photo was taken nearly 5 years ago just after we collected the MB-1's, I had the Rust Relic for about 4 years at that point, as, far as I know it was the only guitar built for Matt that went on sale to the public

http://www.musewiki.org/Manson_Rust_Relic

:)

Yeah, the Rust Relic and the Red MB-1 were mine, the Black MB-1 was my brother's (Musecasters)

That photo was taken nearly 5 years ago just after we collected the MB-1's, I had the Rust Relic for about 4 years at that point, as, far as I know it was the only guitar built for Matt that went on sale to the public

http://www.musewiki.org/Manson_Rust_Relic

:)

Yeah, the other two were just given away :(:chuckle:

Piezo Volume

This was the 7th guitar built for Matt (including if you count the 7 string) It was built for the Earls Court shows along with the Mirror Manson which was trashed at the War Child gig

Well remember the 7 string was built for a jazz musician (Hugh told me who it was, but I can't remember his name) and modified later for a bridge pickup. I think Mansons counted it as the 6th custom (I'm sure you remember why/where) but not the 6th Manson he bought from them.

And yeah that's for the piezo. I should get a full rewire done at some point after everything got messed up from the broken FF switch, but it works with the exception of the piezo control being a bit temperamental (which is probably unrelated anyway).

Really?? It was on the specs on fobbedoff.net from about 2002?

The rust relic specs were? Can't be, since the guitar was built in 2004 ;)

I updated the wiki page. It did say it has a fishman power bridge, but I added that it had a piezo preamp to make things a bit clearer. ALSO... I do wonder if they just used the bridge plate only, and the rest of the electronics from graphtech, as the saddles are the black ones (rather than the silver ones like on the power bridge) and I swear the preamp itself was graphtech....I'll have to open it up again sometime.

Two months. :ninja:

How do you play a guitar again? :erm:

I know, I have it marked off in my calendar, remember? Not that I don't need to be reminded.

I forgot, but did you already buy the GR-55? I'm quite impressed with the GP-10 EXCEPT FOR HOW GLITCHY IT IS EVEN WITH MY PERFECT TECHNI§UE :indiff:

I do remember, haha! And no, I've got a massive order of extra pedals and stuff like that lined up for when I get back.

Going to cost a fortune but at least it will be done, in theory.

I do remember, haha! And no, I've got a massive order of extra pedals and stuff like that lined up for when I get back.

Going to cost a fortune but at least it will be done, in theory.

Ohhh what ones? :ohmy:

Also just tried that finish restorer on a battered guitar I have. Works pretty well... I suggest you get some in case your MB-1 gets in another "accident"

Somehow I don't think it will work on your yamaha though.

Haha, enough to be going on with - I'll get loads of picture up once I'm back, I'm sure! :ninja:

Don't worry, I've had that finish restorer for a while. Works fairly nicely. I tend to give it a cleaning full rundown when I change strings, along with oiling the fretboard, cleaning the bridge, and so on.

Haha, enough to be going on with - I'll get loads of picture up once I'm back, I'm sure! :ninja:

Don't worry, I've had that finish restorer for a while. Works fairly nicely. I tend to give it a cleaning full rundown when I change strings, along with oiling the fretboard, cleaning the bridge, and so on.

I expect a full video demo of the Bs-1 as well....please

Yeah it does. The deep scratches are still there, but not as bad as before. I'm sure I could get that damage removed from my MB-1 anyway.

I've tried to use this oil sparingly since I've switched to the stuff from Mansons which isn't as easy to get, but I've just opened my third bottle...I either use it every six months (or sometimes at string changes if they look really dry) but it still goes fast.

The rust relic specs were? Can't be, since the guitar was built in 2004 ;)

I updated the wiki page. It did say it has a fishman power bridge, but I added that it had a piezo preamp to make things a bit clearer. ALSO... I do wonder if they just used the bridge plate only, and the rest of the electronics from graphtech, as the saddles are the black ones (rather than the silver ones like on the power bridge) and I swear the preamp itself was graphtech....I'll have to open it up again sometime.

Nein. I was referring to the 7 string.

Edit: James, I'm picking up those things we discussed this week. #soon

Archived