matthijs

That's for the bridge only, isn't it? I didn't see any options for the tailpiece. They almost fit; it's much less than a 2mm difference

Correct you are, what a Muppet I am! I imagine most good guitar shops must have a tool for removing posts, might be worth enquiring :) strange why it doesn't fit though almost sounds like a metric imperial job!

Haven't though about it, tbh I hardly play the 7 string anymore! :$

I still play mine, but it's in BEADGBE, so the Muse songs are only played on the #Allo7 (Sorry Kev)

I'd try putting it in that tuning (which is the standard 7 string tuning really) and messing around a bit, though I know you have a .070 on it, so not sure how well that would work

Also, only just realized that the guitar in my previous post doesn't have a pickguard. :facepalm: I sort of like it.

The MB-1 does not have a pickguard either...

Does the finish scratch easily ? I have to admit that I'm little scared of that...:(

The red one doesn't, unless you close the case on top of it

mb1chip.jpg

Which one did you get? I am a bit concerned about the finish becoming shiny on the MB-2SE, but there's nothing that can really be done about that

mb1chip.jpg

Which one did you get? I am a bit concerned about the finish becoming shiny on the MB-2SE, but there's nothing that can really be done about that

except NEVER PLAY IT AND PUT IT ON A ROTATING GLASS STAND

I've already scratched my guitar with the case, that's why I now put it on a stand. Unfortunately that does not prevent it from being damaged...

I got a red glitter MB-1S with a XY pad and no custom hardware.

I wanted to ask if the XY pad can be made compatible with the Whammy DT. I guess it's only an update on the firmware of the pad but I don't really know... What do you guys think ?

I've already scratched my guitar with the case, that's why I now put it on a stand. Unfortunately that does not prevent it from being damaged...

I wanted to ask if the XY pad can be made compatible with the Whammy DT. I guess it's only an update on the firmware of the pad but I don't really know... What do you guys think ?

Does the Whammy 5 work with the Manson XY pads? If not, then I would assume the same for the DT. Digitech changed the MIDI system for their pedals, so it is a different code to bypass depending what effect you are on. It could be done hypothetically, but would be a bit more of a pain, and would require the firmware of the pad to be updated.

Does the Whammy 5 work with the Manson XY pads? If not, then I would assume the same for the DT. Digitech changed the MIDI system for their pedals, so it is a different code to bypass depending what effect you are on. It could be done hypothetically, but would be a bit more of a pain, and would require the firmware of the pad to be updated.

4 only I think.

I'm not too bothered about little scratches and stuff at this point. Pretty much all of my guitars have them.

And it doesn't seem like there's a proper way to do it because of how they configured the whammy DT (and 5). I had a long stimulating discussion with sidious911 about this not long ago.

I am curious and want to see what this caused in damage...?

What, on that MB-1? It's Bs' and he shut the case lid on it :chuckle::supersad:

Nah it doesn't work with either of them

4 only I think.

Correct; I still have a 4 because of that. At least for now

Whammy DT and Whammy 5 work just fine with the XY pads. The only thing that changed was that they got rid of CC0 in the Whammy programming, which cannot be changed as far as I'm aware, so basically, it works just like the hold button is always on, and it will stay in the last place you touched it (like the treadle would), so no momentary stuff, which would only be the Whammy IV. You can still use it for everything else though.

The MB-1 does not have a pickguard either...

Does the finish scratch easily ? I have to admit that I'm little scared of that...:(

Scratches? On the MB-1? Don't be daft! :ninja:

mb1scratches.jpg

Those are gone now, though obviously there's normal ones on the back and so on anyway.

mb1chip.jpg

Hey, I opened the case, alright, the lid just closed itself as I was taking the guitar out, haha! It's all been repaired since though! :chuckle:

Isn't the IC on the XY controller board socketed? If it is then it really wouldn't be much for them to do a new IC for the 5/DT, has anyone emailed them asking about it?

It is socketed from what I can tell, but I think it's more that the 5 and DT don't have CC0 (off)

In other words, if you have the -1 octave switched on (whatever CC that is) you'd have to switch to the corresponding off CC for that mode instead of just switching to CC0 (which worked for every setting)

Or at least I think that's how it would work. Do you think it would even be possible for the new IC to do that?

Whammy DT and Whammy 5 work just fine with the XY pads. The only thing that changed was that they got rid of CC0 in the Whammy programming, which cannot be changed as far as I'm aware, so basically, it works just like the hold button is always on, and it will stay in the last place you touched it (like the treadle would), so no momentary stuff, which would only be the Whammy IV. You can still use it for everything else though.

Scratches? On the MB-1? Don't be daft! :ninja:

Those are gone now, though obviously there's normal ones on the back and so on anyway.

Hey, I opened the case, alright, the lid just closed itself as I was taking the guitar out, haha! It's all been repaired since though! :chuckle:

Well yes, but the momentary stuff was the best thing about being able to use a whammy with the X-Y pad.

I'm not angry, don't worry. I smacked the headstock of mine against the case once, BUT EACH BIT OF DAMAGE TELLS A STORY

Other than that and some scratches on the back though, it still looks pretty good. Much better than the MB-2 will look in a few years I'm sure :$

Well yes, but the momentary stuff was the best thing about being able to use a whammy with the X-Y pad.

Well, yeah, of course, but it depends where you want to make the compromise I guess. Treadle use comes first for me anyway, and the DT has much more features that I make use of, so that's the priority.

Worst damage on my MB-1 is the sustainer pickup really. It was set up too high when I got it so the low strings fretted out on it straightaway and the marks have been there ever since which does bother me. No way to get rid of them without a whole new sustainer pickup though sadly.

What, on that MB-1? It's Bs' and he shut the case lid on it :chuckle::supersad:

Nah I was referring to the lesson learned about not putting it on a rotating table or whatever was mentioned.

As for the DT/5, it would be possibly I know with the Amptone Lab one with a software change, because Amptone has the rotary encoder, When you start it up, the program changes always start at a certain spot with both Whammy IV and KP. So if I was to plug it into the KP (easier to explain cause the program numbers start at 0) and set the KP to program 30 with the control on the KP, then use the rotary encoder on the guitar to change the channel, it would first switch to 1, not 31 because the Amptone kit keeps track of what program it is on.

With this information of know what program it is on, it could know what MIDI code to send to by-pass/activate the given channel on the DT/5,

Would probably be harder to do this on the Manson guitars because they don't have the rotary encoder offering this functionality.

Nah I was referring to the lesson learned about not putting it on a rotating table or whatever was mentioned.

As for the DT/5, it would be possibly I know with the Amptone Lab one with a software change, because Amptone has the rotary encoder, When you start it up, the program changes always start at a certain spot with both Whammy IV and KP. So if I was to plug it into the KP (easier to explain cause the program numbers start at 0) and set the KP to program 30 with the control on the KP, then use the rotary encoder on the guitar to change the channel, it would first switch to 1, not 31 because the Amptone kit keeps track of what program it is on.

With this information of know what program it is on, it could know what MIDI code to send to by-pass/activate the given channel on the DT/5,

Would probably be harder to do this on the Manson guitars because they don't have the rotary encoder offering this functionality.

I think he meant nothing can be done about potential finish damage to the MB-2 except never playing it and putting it in a glass case.

But that's not my style. The shop here had a $5000 Gretsch hollow body in a rotating glass case, and it all seemed a bit pointless. I can't imagine their way of putting it on display was good for it either...but I won't go into that

And that's interesting. The MIDI strip on that MA-007 had a rotary encoder, but I don't know if that can be done for the X-Y pads. I know the M1N1 had a rotary encoder at first, but was later changed to an up/down switch

Archived