matthijs

Wait...is it he or she? :wtf:

Did that other person who had one (the one you mentioned the other day) comment about the fretwork on his?

They said it just needed some new better electronics, but my research on their guitars showed that things did not come out of their factory in great playable condition. I found numerous cases of terribly unlevel frets, raised frets, no proper setup, low quality electronics, and in some cases were not even correctly wired.

I feel that if someone thinks ordering a $6000+ guitar for $400, and the quality is going to be still there, you cannot fully trust when they say yes it has quality wood (because I can see through the black finish) and yes the frets are level and it plays perfectly.

Because it's a Manson.

I see.

Does this look like a Manson? It must be

I like the random screw right above the Muse logo

They said it just needed some new better electronics, but my research on their guitars showed that things did not come out of their factory in great playable condition. I found numerous cases of terribly unlevel frets, raised frets, no proper setup, low quality electronics, and in some cases were not even correctly wired.

I feel that if someone thinks ordering a $6000+ guitar for $400, and the quality is going to be still there, you cannot fully trust when they say yes it has quality wood (because I can see through the black finish) and yes the frets are level and it plays perfectly.

That seems to happen sometimes with import guitars (referring to the electronics). Not sure why

and that's interesting. I guess that means they're incredibly inconsistent for one thing

It is like.. Billy Talent meets RHCP meets Muse, meets a kid in grade 7 with a sharpie and a bottle of white out

bily_talent_ian_d_sa_live_independent_days_2007.jpg

red-hot-chili-peppers-Logo.jpg

In other words, the work of Dave.

kidding bb, i know you wouldn't do such a thing

Also, I wish the full sized X-Y pads being available on customs would give me an excuse to buy a new guitar

But it doesn't

However, I wonder what an MA shape version of this would look like, with black mirror, black X-Y pad, and a standard bridge.

Mirror_Kaoss2.jpg

In other words, the work of Dave.

kidding bb, i know you wouldn't do such a thing

Also, I wish the full sized X-Y pads being available on customs would give me an excuse to buy a new guitar

But it doesn't

However, I wonder what an MA shape version of this would look like, with black mirror, black X-Y pad, and a standard bridge.

Mirror_Kaoss2.jpg

Like a reflective MB2 but MA shaped!

Mirror_Kaoss2.jpg

If only it didn't have that bridge I'd really like that guitar

This has bugged me for a while but what's that black thing on the back of Matt's headstocks?

On the mirror kaoss one or another one? On the mirror kaoss and seattle one he has those automatic tuners, otherwise may just be velcro for his slide I think

Like a reflective MB2 but MA shaped!

Oh :(

So we know what James' next guitar is...

Not that one! I thought it would look nice though, but Phill has a point

black chrome would've been even better, but I was never meant to have that finish it seems

If only it didn't have that bridge I'd really like that guitar

I wonder if that's the reason he stopped using it. It must have been used for 3-4 gigs.

Probably more because of the weight. It didn't seem to have any tuning issues... I remember a video of hysteria where there was plenty of WHAMMY abuse, and it didn't have any issues

On the mirror kaoss one or another one? On the mirror kaoss and seattle one he has those automatic tuners, otherwise may just be velcro for his slide I think

I noticed the Sparkle 7 string also had something on the back of the headstock.. did it have a auto tuning system too?

That seems to happen sometimes with import guitars (referring to the electronics). Not sure why

and that's interesting. I guess that means they're incredibly inconsistent for one thing

Wiring on most guitars in general is pretty poor, I've even on the odd occasions when opening up Gibson's and fenders discovered some appalling wiring. Funny enough the best wiring I have seen off the shelf was in an epiphone sg, the wiring was perfect clearly done by someone who takes pride in there work as they had even engraved there initials on the back of one of the pots which is something I have never seen before or seen since!

Wiring on most guitars in general is pretty poor, I've even on the odd occasions when opening up Gibson's and fenders discovered some appalling wiring. Funny enough the best wiring I have seen off the shelf was in an epiphone sg, the wiring was perfect clearly done by someone who takes pride in there work as they had even engraved there initials on the back of one of the pots which is something I have never seen before or seen since!

Nice. It's not so much about the neatness (even though it probably matters) but that they're wired incorrectly. I used to have a gretsch electromatic, which was a $400 made in china guitar, but not bad at all...except for that it sounded like the tone control was on zero no matter where it was set. I'm not sure how neatly it was wired in the first place, but it did need a rewire in order to sound normal

anyway, haven't bought it yet, but i've just requested one of these. it's way too much for what i need, but that's never stopped me before :facepalm:

8897144155_c8062b76cc.jpg

Manson John Paul Jones bass by crystallettuce, on Flickr

Nice. It's not so much about the neatness (even though it probably matters) but that they're wired incorrectly. I used to have a gretsch electromatic, which was a $400 made in china guitar, but not bad at all...except for that it sounded like the tone control was on zero no matter where it was set. I'm not sure how neatly it was wired in the first place, but it did need a rewire in order to sound normal

anyway, haven't bought it yet, but i've just requested one of these. it's way too much for what i need, but that's never stopped me before :facepalm:

8897144155_c8062b76cc.jpg

Manson John Paul Jones bass by crystallettuce, on Flickr

could you of not just put bass strings on the CE7? :LOL:

If you get tired of it, sell it to me.

Deal. I had no idea what to request for the setup, but I went with the 50-105 regular slinky gauge, and no preference on action (just wherever it plays best)

could you of not just put bass strings on the CE7? :LOL:

It's not one of those variable scale guitars unfortunately, so it will never be a bass :supersad:

Looks lovely, as I'm fairly new to this forum how many guitars do you own?

Archived