matthijs

For rich, fruity tone...

Some amazing potential for XY guitars now they're available on customs again. I'd be very tempted if I hadn't already got the MB.

fruity? Only ever heard Jim use that term to describe tone.

And yeah. I wonder what that little toggle switch on the carbon with the X-Y is for... I don't know if they've updated the full sized X-Y to switch patches remotely like on the M1N1, or if it's something unrelated like a coil split

If it had a Sustainer in neck position, it would be perfect IMO. :happy:

Does someone have a soundclip of a MBK2 with the Coil Tap Conversion to hear the differences between single coil and full humbucker?

If it had a Sustainer in neck position, it would be perfect IMO. :happy:

Does someone have a soundclip of a MBK2 with the Coil Tap Conversion to hear the differences between single coil and full humbucker?

Yeah that was my thinking. Personal all I would change is add a sustainer and I would set small flakes of multi colour glass in the epoxy glaze on the carbon fibre to give the finish even more depth! Then it would be perfect.

And yeah. I wonder what that little toggle switch on the carbon with the X-Y is for... I don't know if they've updated the full sized X-Y to switch patches remotely like on the M1N1, or if it's something unrelated like a coil split

Maybe LEDS in the neck? These photos have got me seriously pumped for mine!

Yeah that was my thinking. Personal all I would change is add a sustainer and I would set small flakes of multi colour glass in the epoxy glaze on the carbon fibre to give the finish even more depth! Then it would be perfect.

Interesting

I'd also consider an ebony fretboard. Would look great against the carbon finish and black hardware I think

Maybe LEDS in the neck? These photos have got me seriously pumped for mine!

ooh good point. Excited to see yours as well!

Interesting

I'd also consider an ebony fretboard. Would look great against the carbon finish and black hardware I think

ooh good point. Excited to see yours as well!

Yeah an ebony fretboard would be awesome! I personally prefer ebony to rosewood

Yeah an ebony fretboard would be awesome! I personally prefer ebony to rosewood

Same. Would you be making your own neck as well?

I love how non flashy mine will look compared to the mirror/carbon etc haha

I wonder how many of those bodies are going to have mirror/carbon/glitter/etc finishes, and how many are going to be more like the MA-hogany or yours. Probably not one. :facepalm:

The MA-X looks like it's been routed through the top... I hope that doesn't mean they're putting a mirror top on it or covering it up with something. I liked the idea of a more traditional hollow body.

Same. Would you be making your own neck as well?

I wasn't sure about building the neck but as I built a cnc machine in my shed I guess I have no choice really, it would be silly not to :)

:LOL:

There's a big difference between 12 and 12 and a half

It's handmade though

Who is it who is producing these crappy knock offs, sorry for not knowing I'm still fairly new to the forum

http://www.rareelectricguitar.com/Manson-MB-1-guitar-sale_1034.html

Apparently that website is full of viruses, so it might not be the best idea to go on there, but there you go

Same kind of deal as those counterfeit gibsons really, just these guys are ripping off LOADS of different companies at once

Can't believe anyone orders of them, that website has to be one of the dodgiest pages I have ever seen, the spelling alone should send you running!

It was so bad it actually made me quite angry :(

http://www.rareelectricguitar.com/Manson-MB-1-guitar-sale_1034.html

Apparently that website is full of viruses, so it might not be the best idea to go on there, but there you go

Same kind of deal as those counterfeit gibsons really, just these guys are ripping off LOADS of different companies at once

lol McAffee.

I like how they also put big stamps on images that aren't theirs.

They couldn't care less by the look of it.

Ha that was me giving fair warning. I felt bad after seeing his Twitter picture, and his hair cut...

He's totally going to get the guitar, be so excited, then realize the electronics are shit, and it plays terribly and needs tons of work.

They couldn't care less by the look of it.

iam12andwhatisthis.jpg

Not like they could just use that money to get a better guitar in the first place or anything.

But also, how is it custom?

Ha that was me giving fair warning. I felt bad after seeing his Twitter picture, and his hair cut...

He's totally going to get the guitar, be so excited, then realize the electronics are shit, and it plays terribly and needs tons of work.

Wait...is it he or she? :wtf:

Did that other person who had one (the one you mentioned the other day) comment about the fretwork on his?

Archived