matthijs

totes forgot about the back of the guitar! they are 3 cute little holes for wiring and shit :) will get some NECK SHOTS too. gonna battle it out tomorrow and whether red carbon has more birdseyes than black carbon

generous amounts of birds and flames

mbk1 bridge will break the dt-25, so jangly, might have to blackhawk it...(maybe)

yeah it's carbon (well, not exactly) over wood. i think they were just heavily weight relieved

the black one is spanish cedar, but i don't know if the red one was too

MMmm, tasty!

I think Cedar is massively underused for guitar building. It has great tone, and it's very sustainable, plus not too heavy.

EDIT: Any comparison pics between the body shape of the carbon and the MB's?? Actually, just gimme MOAR PICS!

yeah it's carbon (well, not exactly) over wood. i think they were just heavily weight relieved

the black one is spanish cedar, but i don't know if the red one was too

i don't think they were weight relieved. i did ask but adrian didn't reply. think hugh just picked a really lightweight spanish cedar plank and used them. Both guitars came from the same plank.

The red one is darker than Matt's red one.

MMmm, tasty!

I think Cedar is massively underused for guitar building. It has great tone, and it's very sustainable, plus not too heavy.

EDIT: Any comparison pics between the body shape of the carbon and the MB's?? Actually, just gimme MOAR PICS!

think it's just the top horn. more photos in my flickr account. group shot today hopefully :)

i don't think they were weight relieved. i did ask but adrian didn't reply. think hugh just picked a really lightweight spanish cedar plank and used them. Both guitars came from the same plank.

The red one is darker than Matt's red one.

Ohhh ok then

How is the sound? I don't think any of Matt's new ones were made of spanish cedar

As far as the shape goes, they're a bit different. The MA shape sort of has the top horn of a tele (not as massive as the MoC), but the lower horn is much smaller than a tele, and not as sharp as the MoC

The MA shape seems to have been refined a bit as well...

Untitled-1-1.jpg

the shadow is one of the first ones (I think it might have been the second one built), and the visible one on top is a more recent one (works 005)

Archived