matthijs

If you send them to BK they will put any cover you want on them, I think it was about £25 to have a black cover put on my MBK3

Ah thanks :)

Has anyone played an MBK-1 set, how do they sound? The MGW site describes them as "perfect choice for blues, rock and what might be termed attitude pop!" which is good for me. I trust they'll be good since I already adore my MBK-2's and 3's sounds.

If they're the same as the custom MQs I had that were wound to the same spec as bellamy's mirror manson MQ set then they are the best pickups i've played. Amazing clarity, the bridge pick up has loads of growl with gain but is also really articulate and dynamic. The neck pickup just sounds beautiful clean and with light gain, and blended they are so balanced they sound unreal.

If they're the same as the custom MQs I had that were wound to the same spec as bellamy's mirror manson MQ set then they are the best pickups i've played. Amazing clarity, the bridge pick up has loads of growl with gain but is also really articulate and dynamic. The neck pickup just sounds beautiful clean and with light gain, and blended they are so balanced they sound unreal.

I'm pretty sure they are. Those MQs (from what I remember of them) sound pretty much the same as the MBK-1s

The only thing I don't like about them is that the neck pickup and bridge pickup have a bit of a... well, it almost seems like there's a volume jump when switching to the neck pickup because of the difference in low end. Not sure what you'd call it, but I have the neck pickup backed off and the bridge pickup pretty close to the strings

I'm pretty sure they are. Those MQs (from what I remember of them) sound pretty much the same as the MBK-1s

The only thing I don't like about them is that the neck pickup and bridge pickup have a bit of a... well, it almost seems like there's a volume jump when switching to the neck pickup because of the difference in low end. Not sure what you'd call it, but I have the neck pickup backed off and the bridge pickup pretty close to the strings

That's something I found when I had a set of Matt-spec pickups in a guitar I built.

That's something I found when I had a set of Matt-spec pickups in a guitar I built.

Yeah that's true. I had the neck pu real low and the bridge pu close to the strings. I think that kind of amplifies their characteristics though giving the bridge more oomph and the neck more chimey goodness.

how's that?

I put the neck pup in the pickguard when before screwing the guard in, but I couldn't get the pickguard on because it has to go under the neck, and the pickup sticks down and blocks it, if you get me. and I can secure the pup in if the P/G is already on!

The 2nd pic, you can see Matt's face like... "Wait what the fuck did you say your name was? How the hell is that spelt?!"

Japanese is all phonetic so it's not hard to figure out. Considering that the Hullabaloo DVD shows him looking up erotic phrases in a Japanese phrase book and writing them down, I'm sure he can figure out someone's name. :LOL:

Japanese is all phonetic so it's not hard to figure out. Considering that the Hullabaloo DVD shows him looking up erotic phrases in a Japanese phrase book and writing them down, I'm sure he can figure out someone's name. :LOL:

Way to kill a joke, Bs :rolleyes:

(:kiss:)

Archived