matthijs

I'd take the chrome every time, but then I've never got the custom hardware obsession...

Anyone know anything about switch cleaner? Tim recommended I try some for my pickup selector to see if that fixes it. As it's been in its case whenever it hasn't been played, cleaned after every time it has been played, and only played a few times a week at the most for about 9 months, I can't see why anything should have got in there, but he said it might be worth a try, or it'll have to be replaced at some point...

3 high priority customs once the new year starts apparently...Myself, Bobbles, and James? :erm:

to be fair, since the mirror top isn't in "mirror" mode it does look like it's an ali top which makes the custom knobs match with it, but yeah... nonetheless it still looks good. brother and gf thought chrome would be better but the photos changed their minds.

personally i think they're good as long as they are used in the following bodies: black, ali, mirror.. the rest will need anodising (which mansons are looking at doing more so expect more ipod nano colours).

hope i'm in the top priority customs list :( i did relegate myself a bit by asking for more neck figuring and an ebony fretboard, adrian did say mine is after mb-1s so it should be fine. tim will apparently be working on replacing hardware for a "certain carbon guitar" for a "certain somebody" this thursday (hopefully)

I'm not sure what they generally use for cleaning switches. caig deoxit is what's usually used for cleaning pots and other electrical connections, though I'd try the standard contact cleaner first. (it's just that air that blows out of a can, can't remember the proper name for it).

And maybe. Apparently mine hasn't had much work done on it recently.

Not too much of a problem though, as I don't want everything finishing at the same time! paid off the CE-7 the other day though - those should be around february time.

No idea what's up with the guitar I sent in for repair, but I imagine they're just trying to get the MB-1s done

fortunately my ce-7 is a mod job so that will most likely push that bad boy to mid 2013 :D right now i feel like i'm getting FAR TOO MANY GUITARS coming my way haha

I'm not in a rush - still got 4 guitars to pay for... I think? :facepalm:

Anyhow, I wasn't going to post much about this until it was actually done, but since we're discussing them

375855_10151206161590944_1736509913_n.jpg

I was REALLY tempted to leave the entire thing natural, but just decided to leave the top with a burst, and the back slightly tinted to compliment the top color

I did pick out a neck as well, but I can't find the picture of it. It's figured baked maple with an ebony fretboard

I'm not in a rush - still got 4 guitars to pay for... I think? :facepalm:

Anyhow, I wasn't going to post much about this until it was actually done, but since we're discussing them

375855_10151206161590944_1736509913_n.jpg

I was REALLY tempted to leave the entire thing natural, but just decided to leave the top with a burst, and the back slightly tinted to compliment the top color

I did pick out a neck as well, but I can't find the picture of it. It's figured baked maple with an ebony fretboard

Good man, need more photos to keep the thread ALIVE! (Go on bs, post some of yours)

If you left it natural wouldn't it look like your tele you sold :p

Mm baked maple, need to see that!

I should get plenty of pics and correspondence once the MBs are done, but yeah, that'll be another 3 weeks before work starts on mine again...They know to keep my closely in the loop as its progressing though for the little details that need deciding on...

I should get plenty of pics and correspondence once the MBs are done, but yeah, that'll be another 3 weeks before work starts on mine again...They know to keep my closely in the loop as its progressing though for the little details that need deciding on...

red%20black%20screws.JPG

There we go, just used repair tool on iphotos to make them black :p

the mirror xy surround will sort the screws out too since they'll blend in :)

specs? is this 6th one or 5th one?

just heard both carbon guitars have been sold!

That was quick!

And it's the one from Tim which you already know about

Was really tempted to have it built as a 7 string, but I wouldn't be able to use that graphtech hexpander on all strings (or at least thats what I think Bs said about it)

Catch 22 on that, James. The top being that good makes the rest look crap and cheap. What's the final plan for it?

Bobbles, doesn't really look different enough to me to be worth it, especially with the other chrome stuff on there anyway. Never particularly cared about mirror and ali XY surrounds either. Black compliments it well in my opinion.

crap and cheap?? That type of mahogany was £100 extra! :phu: but I don't know how much of a difference there will be

It's going to have a burst on the top, sort of like works 005 but with a little less black on the edges so it's almost like the burst on one of JPJ's basses.

the back is going to be left natural, but tinted red slightly so it matches the top. neck is baked maple, so it should look nice with the dark back.

originally I was going to have a dark red back like you'd find on a sunburst les paul, but that would've been a little over the top I think

Catch 22 on that, James. The top being that good makes the rest look crap and cheap. What's the final plan for it?

Bobbles, doesn't really look different enough to me to be worth it, especially with the other chrome stuff on there anyway. Never particularly cared about mirror and ali XY surrounds either. Black compliments it well in my opinion.

Yeah it's a £2 job, I'm going to do it myself, a very uneventful unscrew and screw job, ordered my the screws already. All this to really reduce the noise (guitar is now wall mounted so I notice these things more)

Good thing is all these mods are easily reversible if I ever need to sell it

James, the Hexpander can only use 6 strings simply because there aren't any 7 string MIDI converters out there, or at least that I'm aware of. If you use the piezo circuit as well, that still covers all 7 strings, and theoretically if a 7 string converter was developped, you'd already have the necessary kit to use it.

James, the Hexpander can only use 6 strings simply because there aren't any 7 string MIDI converters out there, or at least that I'm aware of. If you use the piezo circuit as well, that still covers all 7 strings, and theoretically if a 7 string converter was developped, you'd already have the necessary kit to use it.

Keen to see when you both get bored of midi pickups :p mark hardly uses his

Fair enough. Personally I think it's incredibly flexible and has huge potential if you're going to use it enough. Obviously depends on your priorities of what you want to commit to and stuff anyway though. I have plenty of uses in mind for it though. Hopefully it'll prompt me to actually use my Loop Station as well. I bought it with that in mind, but have hardly used it so far, while waiting for the custom to be done.

Archived