matthijs

How are they playing James? I'm not sure I've seen you off the board for this long before! :LOL:

We're going to need a comparison review of all these Mansons at some point. It's been a while since your last one. And I'm sure if you had them all facing opposite directions you could fit them all on your floor in a kind of jigsaw and get the family photo everyone's been waiting for! XD

i think that should answer your question!

and trust me, it doesn't work :facepalm:

943589_10151670729200944_1884524072_n.jpg

1010963_10151670736320944_1192084843_n.jpg

8815_10151670729305944_2010106164_n.jpg

i'll get some better pictures a bit later.

I love the custom James, very unique!

The black E shape looks incredible though, I never realised how tasty the finish looks :awesome:

I think I want one... :ninja:

I love the custom James, very unique!

The black E shape looks incredible though, I never realised how tasty the finish looks :awesome:

I think I want one... :ninja:

the finish on the bridge pickup cover in the custom is chipping off :supersad:

and yes. yes you do. guessing you'd get one in black?

You really have bad luck with these guitars :LOL:

Haha it's not a major problem, but I would think the covers would be more durable! any paint chips on your black MBK?

Also, I'm liking the baked maple a lot. I think the natural headstock actually works well with the finish (which is really weird, looks so different depending on the light)

No signs of wear on mine at all :/

strange, I've got this after one hour of play time! not sure what happened, I must have jammed the strings into it or something

IMG_2277.jpg

lol n00b

No need for that Jim.

Do you still have your MB-1? never hear you talk about it anymore!

Gonna ask Adrian about maybe doing a run of E62s that are flat tops with normal MA style solid finishes for a cheaper price... If they do them, I might have to save up for one :ninja:

Also James, my black pickups have no wear either... Maybe contact them. What pickup config is it again?

the finish on the bridge pickup cover in the custom is chipping off :supersad:

and yes. yes you do. guessing you'd get one in black?

Yeah definitely in black, I think I'm liking it just as much as the red sea burst :ninja:

MansonMB-1MatthewBellamySignatureGuitarMattBlack5000_zpsf222fc12.jpg

Who doesn't want one? :)

Gonna ask Adrian about maybe doing a run of E62s that are flat tops with normal MA style solid finishes for a cheaper price... If they do them, I might have to save up for one :ninja:

Also James, my black pickups have no wear either... Maybe contact them. What pickup config is it again?

sm8rjn.gif

It's an interesting idea for sure. Mainly because I was the one who suggested it :p

and that's odd. I think they got the pickups from bare knuckle though - they're just the riff raff bridge and mississippi queen neck. I think they might have been ordered at different times though, or maybe the neck pickup is a left over from an MBK set. No idea really

sm8rjn.gif

It's an interesting idea for sure. Mainly because I was the one who suggested it :p

and that's odd. I think they got the pickups from bare knuckle though - they're just the riff raff bridge and mississippi queen neck. I think they might have been ordered at different times though, or maybe the neck pickup is a left over from an MBK set. No idea really

But I thought it too... as I was reading your message :facepalm:

Okay it's yours!

Either way they shouldn't wear! I cant really imagine why the paint would chip off anyway, surely they're using the same paint that they have done for years :erm:

But I thought it too... as I was reading your message :facepalm:

Okay it's yours!

Either way they shouldn't wear! I cant really imagine why the paint would chip off anyway, surely they're using the same paint that they have done for years :erm:

No don't worry, it's yours

If I get something else built after my current one, it'll probably be the 7 string...unless I get the 7 string E series with a floyd :erm: not sure if I want a floyd to be honest

it doesn't really bother me. not yet anyway

No need for that Jim.

Do you still have your MB-1? never hear you talk about it anymore!

I was just trying to make you proud, dad :pope:

Haha I've still got it :LOL: Haven't played it in a while, I should pull it out when I get home. If nothing else to check for rust :facepalm:

I have been toying with the idea of trading it to Manson's for something I'd use a little more...probably wont though.

I was just trying to make you proud, dad :pope:

Haha I've still got it :LOL: Haven't played it in a while, I should pull it out when I get home. If nothing else to check for rust :facepalm:

I have been toying with the idea of trading it to Manson's for something I'd use a little more...probably wont though.

It won't gather rust when you're not around it!

I'm not sure if you can part exchange it for a custom, but maybe you can buy the NAMM guitar. That already has holes in it, so you'll have less work to do.

Phill, having played the new custom a fair bit, it's definitely on the same level that the mirror E shape is (as in fucking amazing). Does it take the place of the first tele I bought? It comes very close, but the tele wins again... I don't know what it is about that guitar

I think the quilt tele comes the closest. And no, I'm not just saying that so you will buy it!

120.gif

I'm not sure if you can part exchange it for a custom, but maybe you can buy the NAMM guitar. That already has holes in it, so you'll have less work to do.

:LOL:

No don't worry, it's yours

If I get something else built after my current one, it'll probably be the 7 string...unless I get the 7 string E series with a floyd :erm: not sure if I want a floyd to be honest

it doesn't really bother me. not yet anyway

Jesus, James, don't you have enough already? With the money you've spent on guitars and associated gear you could probably have bought a small island somewhere! :LOL:

I wouldn't worry about your pickup too much. As the rest of the guitar wears it'll become less of an issue. I've stopped caring so much about the sustainer on my MB-1 as it's just unavoidable really. Still kind of annoying that the biggest mark on it was because they set it up too high in the first place, but nothing I can do about that now anyway. I'm guessing the same will happen on the custom once I start depressing the trem a bit.

:LOL:

Jesus, James, don't you have enough already? With the money you've spent on guitars and associated gear you could probably have bought a small island somewhere! :LOL:

I wouldn't worry about your pickup too much. As the rest of the guitar wears it'll become less of an issue. I've stopped caring so much about the sustainer on my MB-1 as it's just unavoidable really. Still kind of annoying that the biggest mark on it was because they set it up too high in the first place, but nothing I can do about that now anyway. I'm guessing the same will happen on the custom once I start depressing the trem a bit.

But I only have one 7-string, and it's not even a custom!

I'm not really concerned about it. Curious if the neck pickup has the same finish or is more durable though

And actually, when I asked to try the prototype MB-1 in the shop to put my mind at rest about the string noise (which it did thankfully), the sustainer was set MUCH higher than mine. I don't know if mine was set lower in the first place or somehow lowered it self (which can happen, especially in shipping)

seems to work properly though, although it's not as powerful as some of the others

I'm interested to hear what the sustainiac is like in your custom. I only have the guitar zooropa built me with a sustainiac, and it's quite powerful compared to the fernandes, but doesn't squeal at all.

Mine squeals a bit on harmonic mode due to all the ali apparently, but is fine on fundamental. I'll give it a thorough testing when I get it anyway. With any luck, there's only 2-3 weeks to go. We'll see though.

Oh, and I do find it quite funny how much the board in general seems to love 7 strings ever since The 2nd Law came out. I remember there being quite a furore regarding mine about "Why do you want a 7 string, you won't be able to play it properly, you won't use it, you won't be able to adapt to it, it's a waste, it's pointless, you should get a 6 string, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc".

Phill, having played the new custom a fair bit, it's definitely on the same level that the mirror E shape is (as in fucking amazing). Does it take the place of the first tele I bought? It comes very close, but the tele wins again... I don't know what it is about that guitar

I think the quilt tele comes the closest. And no, I'm not just saying that so you will buy it!

:awesome: good stuff.

I'll swap the tele for my tele.......

Oh, and I do find it quite funny how much the board in general seems to love 7 strings ever since The 2nd Law came out. I remember there being quite a furore regarding mine about "Why do you want a 7 string, you won't be able to play it properly, you won't use it, you won't be able to adapt to it, it's a waste, it's pointless, you should get a 6 string, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc".

I only got one because you were getting one

:)

:awesome: good stuff.

I'll swap the tele for my tele.......

Deal

Also, I'm going to setup a live steam (like the one Olly did several months back) demoing the new guitars. Now we just need to get our brothel all online at once

Archived