matthijs

Not until you buy one. After all, that's my job.

I didn't get any pictures of the MAs, but there wasn't anything particularly exciting. There was my vile orange one (which is being modded a bit anyway), the marmite guitar (in the link below), the REAL pelham (seen in the picture above) and the black finish prototypes

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/czeu/imagegzw

I did like this one. Pretty sure it belongs to someone on here

394138_10151282806355944_411450995_n.jpg

Mine :)

Not until you buy one. After all, that's my job.

:LOL: ....I will...one day :awesome: ...Im hoping next year to 'maybe' order a manson, likelihood being a ce-7 or if I could somehow get the money a mb1 or dl-1r :facemelt:

MUST SELL ALL POSSESSIONS OF VALUE...anyone want to buy my kidneys? pretty sure I don't need them...probably...

Post them up in The Selling Thread, I'm sure someone will have them. What kind of tone do you get from them?

Is that supposed to be me? or you? :$

Any updates about the bridge at least?

Me. :(

And nope, it's probably going to be at least another few weeks yet.

like pokemon cards! the glitter ones are the 'shinies' !

Just seen this. Nice. :chuckle:

They really are - I gave mine a quick play while I was there (actually just strummed an E chord :facepalm: didn't even plug it in!) and it was really nice. Very lightweight as well.

I nearly went for the red sea burst, but I already have the CE-7, plus the black finish... well, when you see it up close you'll understand :facemelt:

Here a picture I got of the prototype that's in the shop

I might try the E-60's out when I'm down there then!

The black looks bloody beautiful, it works really well

I spy the pelham MA-2 :awesome:

My mum loves that guitar haha

Also is that the CE-7 proto? It seems kinda orangey and the scratchplate has white binding? :unsure:

I might try the E-60's out when I'm down there then!

The black looks bloody beautiful, it works really well

I spy the pelham MA-2 :awesome:

My mum loves that guitar haha

Also is that the CE-7 proto? It seems kinda orangey and the scratchplate has white binding? :unsure:

Yeah, it's not the same one on the works website (Olly's) though. It's a MA-1 which has been refinished, but it's #notforsale (although you could probably buy another one and have it refinished in the same color)

And yeah it is. The finish is different on that one - more orange in the middle with less black on the edges. And I think it's just a 3 ply (black/white/black) scratch plate, rather than a single ply black one like the production models have

Yeah, it's not the same one on the works website (Olly's) though. It's a MA-1 which has been refinished, but it's #notforsale (although you could probably buy another one and have it refinished in the same color)

And yeah it is. The finish is different on that one - more orange in the middle with less black on the edges. And I think it's just a 3 ply (black/white/black) scratch plate, rather than a single ply black one like the production models have

Pelham's a lovely colour, I'd definitely go for it if I ever get another MA. A tele custom in pelham blue with pearl binding would look great.

Hmm, I can't say I'm a fan of the scratchplate on my CE-7 since seeing it in person. It doesn't bother me too much though. The paintjob of the proto looks naff :LOL:

The bridge pickup of my MA-2 is knackered :( I'll randomly be playing and it just loses all its tone and sounds shite. No idea how this has happened to be honest, it's been well looked after and still looks brand new. My guess is when my local guitar shop set it up they done something wrong...

Pelham's a lovely colour, I'd definitely go for it if I ever get another MA. A tele custom in pelham blue with pearl binding would look great.

Hmm, I can't say I'm a fan of the scratchplate on my CE-7 since seeing it in person. It doesn't bother me too much though. The paintjob of the proto looks naff :LOL:

The bridge pickup of my MA-2 is knackered :( I'll randomly be playing and it just loses all its tone and sounds shite. No idea how this has happened to be honest, it's been well looked after and still looks brand new. My guess is when my local guitar shop set it up they done something wrong...

Yeah the scratch plate is lame. Just solid black. The pickup surrounds feel weird :p glad my one doesn't have a pick guard

Sort of regret selling the pelham (?) sparkle MA I had, but... it's not chrome, so....

I like the scratchplate just fine. would be bothered if it was 3 ply though as that looks a bit out of place. I like the production CE-7's finish more, although it's a tad too red compared to the original

and are you sure it's not psychological? :pope: like those days where EVERYTHING just sounds shit, no matter how much you tweak your amp settings and stuff... and it just doesn't sound good until you give up and come back the next day, even though it's the same gear.

bobbles, how much are you having yours rounded? there was a schecter that was really similar in shape to the E guitars, but it was pretty rounded... trying to find a picture of it

Sort of regret selling the pelham (?) sparkle MA I had, but... it's not chrome, so....

I like the scratchplate just fine. would be bothered if it was 3 ply though as that looks a bit out of place. I like the production CE-7's finish more, although it's a tad too red compared to the original

and are you sure it's not psychological? :pope: like those days where EVERYTHING just sounds shit, no matter how much you tweak your amp settings and stuff... and it just doesn't sound good until you give up and come back the next day, even though it's the same gear.

bobbles, how much are you having yours rounded? there was a schecter that was really similar in shape to the E guitars, but it was pretty rounded... trying to find a picture of it

Tim's words: like the bomber

Guy knows what I want ;)

I thought 3 ply would look nice, or even 8 ply with layers of each colour ;) anyway that shit isn't touching my guitar. It's weird putting it next to other guitars, its so short and stumpy

Tim's words: like the bomber

Guy knows what I want ;)

I thought 3 ply would look nice, or even 8 ply with layers of each colour ;) anyway that shit isn't touching my guitar. It's weird putting it next to other guitars, its so short and stumpy

Yeah, probably has to do with the horns. It's a very comfortable shape though

And I guess rounded wasn't the right word

DV016_Jpg_Large_H70186.001_satin_black_R.jpg

Yeah the scratch plate is lame. Just solid black. The pickup surrounds feel weird :p glad my one doesn't have a pick guard

Yeah I was wondering about the pickup surrounds, what are they made of?!

I guess I'm just knit picking with the CE-7, it is an all round fantastic guitar :awesome:

One small problem I need to fix with it is the pickup selector; it's a little bit wobbly and the switch itself rotates slightly, is it like this on yours?

Yeah I'm sure it's the pickup :( The change in tone is so drastic, it actually sounds horriffic; just sounds broken. Interestingly switching the pickup selector to the middle or the neck pickup sounds fine. The problem comes and goes randomly. I've put it away for now so I'll ring Adrian tomorrow to see what he can do with it when I take it down for a setup.

I guess I'm just knit picking with the CE-7, it is an all round fantastic guitar :awesome:

One small problem I need to fix with it is the pickup selector; it's a little bit wobbly and the switch itself rotates slightly, is it like this on yours?

Yeah I'm sure it's the pickup :( The change in tone is so drastic, it actually sounds horriffic; just sounds broken. Interestingly switching the pickup selector to the middle or the neck pickup sounds fine. The problem comes and goes randomly. I've put it away for now so I'll ring Adrian tomorrow to see what he can do with it when I take it down for a setup.

Nah mine is fine. Generally you need a special tool to tighten it properly without stripping anything though

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Special_tools_for_Electronics,_pickups/Adjustable_Toggle_Switch_Wrench.html

...But I'd just bring it down to Mansons when you go and have them do it.

And that's weird. Is it a bad connection or something? Can you switch back and forth between pickups and have the sound go back to normal? Because there have been a few issues with the pickup selectors, but contact cleaner usually sorts them out.

Nah mine is fine. Generally you need a special tool to tighten it properly without stripping anything though

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Special_tools_for_Electronics,_pickups/Adjustable_Toggle_Switch_Wrench.html

...But I'd just bring it down to Mansons when you go and have them do it.

And that's weird. Is it a bad connection or something? Can you switch back and forth between pickups and have the sound go back to normal? Because there have been a few issues with the pickup selectors, but contact cleaner usually sorts them out.

Ah cheers for the heads up, that tool looks rather usefull. I'll leave it to Manson's when I visit though.

I'm not sure really, I have no experience with wiring and stuff. Switching between pickups doesn't make the sound go back to normal, it just comes and goes randomly for some period of time :unsure: I'm not too bothered at the moment since I've got my CE-7 to keep me going, whatever the problem is with the MA I'm sure Adrian can sort it out.

Yeah, my first suggestion would have been the pick up selector. Get some contact cleaner like Servisol or something to clean it out, and that will probably fix it. If not, and it actually is a problem with the pickups, might be a wiring connection issue. I had that when my Pacifica started to die and the wiring was coming loose, but I would imagine Mansons would be a lot more resilient than that.

Hadn't noticed that. Bit of a shape really. Would have looked fantastic with that as well.

How are they playing James? I'm not sure I've seen you off the board for this long before! :LOL:

We're going to need a comparison review of all these Mansons at some point. It's been a while since your last one. And I'm sure if you had them all facing opposite directions you could fit them all on your floor in a kind of jigsaw and get the family photo everyone's been waiting for! XD

Archived