matthijs

Never tried adjusting it, but it works as it should when the bridge pickups are in series. No different than the humbucker guitars. It's a bit weak with the single bridge P90, but that's expected I guess

yeah i think from the way tim described it, the way to stop the squealing was simply twiddling away with the intensity. mine sustains pretty quickly on single which is fairly good for instant widdles. just need to be careful not to humbucker that shit otherwise i'll be ear merking folks nearby.

not bad though since my sustained notes are usually trebley.

tricky, i think you should leave it at that. this can be your "clean bigsby" guitar and you can rock a more rocky humbucker pup on something else. Bitches love striking behind the nut and you want all the metal you can get for shit like that. also add a sustainer :p

tricky, i think you should leave it at that. this can be your "clean bigsby" guitar and you can rock a more rocky humbucker pup on something else. Bitches love striking behind the nut and you want all the metal you can get for shit like that. also add a sustainer :p

Yeah, but then I need a whole new custom jazz :supersad:

money pls

Yeah, but then I need a whole new custom jazz :supersad:

money pls

is there a roadmap on guitars or are you seeing this is your only guitar? if so i guess it's really the case of deciding what kind of music you play more.

james has a pretty hardcore roadmap of guitars coming up.

Full size XY is reserved for MBs. You can get the smaller mini version they do though, but you don't get the mood lights.

Haha gotta admit I love the synth/acoustic sounds he had going :awesome:

Aye, it's got tonnes of potential. Even better when you start realising that you don't even have to go for the synth stuff, you can just set the midi stuff to be something as simple as a delay or a harmony or something, and just activate it from the guitar. Going to be awesome. Eventually.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either, though I don't think I actually saw it in person when I was down there. I've got my MB though so don't need anything else. Need to open it up again though. It's moving slightly somehow since I opened it last time. Might just have to make sure it's fastened down properly, haha!

Full size XY is reserved for MBs. You can get the smaller mini version they do though, but you don't get the mood lights.

Aye, it's got tonnes of potential. Even better when you start realising that you don't even have to go for the synth stuff, you can just set the midi stuff to be something as simple as a delay or a harmony or something, and just activate it from the guitar. Going to be awesome. Eventually.

Yeh really does sound great fun, when I was using that midi guitar software for playing keyboard I had a ton of fun mucking around with the synths :awesome: When your bridge is all working though the tremolo/sustainer/midi-stuff-of-win is going to be so awesome :awesome:

wait, the mini xy is fine, just as long as it's a black surround and a white screen like in the updated photo of the m1n1.

main_51.jpg

The previous one looked horrible. The ones we saw in the workshop were fine, personally I'd go with MB xy controllers since you're more accurate with the controls

Ah, not bad, there. Full size obviously gives you a bit more room, but that doesn't look as bad as the original ones. Still no mood lighting though. It's all about the mood lighting. :noey:

Ah, not bad, there. Full size obviously gives you a bit more room, but that doesn't look as bad as the original ones. Still no mood lighting though. It's all about the mood lighting. :noey:

it is ALL ABOUT THE F**KING BATTERY JUICE!

Tim still thinks people buy MB-1s because of the fancy lights, which i strongly agree based on what i've seen so far in terms of xy abuse

Why do you think I got mine modded? :rolleyes:

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised, haha - there's bound to be some who do. It is nice though. I probably use the XY as much as anyone, but it is nice just playing in the dark with the lights shifting away sometimes, gets very ambient, haha!

wait, the mini xy is fine, just as long as it's a black surround and a white screen like in the updated photo of the m1n1.

main_51.jpg

The previous one looked horrible. The ones we saw in the workshop were fine, personally I'd go with MB xy controllers since you're more accurate with the controls

Yep. I admit this one looks better. But XY + ToM look terrible imo.

Why do you think I got mine modded? :rolleyes:

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised, haha - there's bound to be some who do. It is nice though. I probably use the XY as much as anyone, but it is nice just playing in the dark with the lights shifting away sometimes, gets very ambient, haha!

by "as much as anyone", do you mean "not enough"?

by "as much as anyone", do you mean "not enough"?

Nah, I use it quite often really. Obviously the vast majority of the time, I'm playing it as a normal guitar, because that's what it's for, but I do find the XY very useful to be honest.

Archived