matthijs

Haha, I meant what do you think of this configuration ? How do they sound in series etc ?

oh that! bridge is nice and trebly whilst series has this full rich tone like squeezing a fat cow into a blendtech blender. hard to tell which one i prefer, mbk2 or this. only thing to take into account is the squeals when you rock sustainer and humbucker. might play with the intensity of the 401 a bit more

oh that! bridge is nice and trebly whilst series has this full rich tone like squeezing a fat cow into a blendtech blender. hard to tell which one i prefer, mbk2 or this. only thing to take into account is the squeals when you rock sustainer and humbucker. might play with the intensity of the 401 a bit more

Ok nice ! A lot of people seem to like the twin P90s. I have an MBK2 but I've never tested this configuration, so I'm a bit curious ^^

Ok nice ! A lot of people seem to like the twin P90s. I have an MBK2 but I've never tested this configuration, so I'm a bit curious ^^

we tried my one at the workshop and then played with the mb-2. somehow i prefer how mine are setup. do wonder how many people know about the squeals for p90s and sustainer though.

but yeah, humbucker mode is like somewhere in between neck + bridge and bridge if that makes sense. can see myself using both bridge and humbucker mode a lot.

oh and killswitch in button mode is FUN

Killswitch buttons are ace :awesome:

Our guitars to be honest are sorta similar specs wise. Trem, dual p90s and push button killswitch :LOL:

i get to switch between mbk-1, mbk-2, mbk-3 (on ce-7) and dual p90s so i've pretty much got the best of ALL WORLDS

:(

we tried my one at the workshop and then played with the mb-2. somehow i prefer how mine are setup. do wonder how many people know about the squeals for p90s and sustainer though.

but yeah, humbucker mode is like somewhere in between neck + bridge and bridge if that makes sense. can see myself using both bridge and humbucker mode a lot.

Ok, thanks for all info.

I'm still not sure on twin p90s. Sticking with them for now but tempted for humbucker

Why ?

Killswitch buttons are ace :awesome:

Our guitars to be honest are sorta similar specs wise. Trem, dual p90s and push button killswitch :LOL:

:(

fernandes sustainer? i'm major sad that i can't do any behind the nut sounds on this guitar :( i'll just have to make do with a tremmed up harmonic

Why ?

It's great for clean sounds and single coil sounds, like say Biffy stuff, can get some good sounds for that, but then for higher gain stuff ain't so good. Maybe I need to tweak my amp settings more but for really higher gain stuff not as good/as much output as a humbucker. Iuno. They're really bright as well. Half of me wants to keep them for variety and cos I can still get great sounds out of them but then the other half wants a nailbomb in it

fernandes sustainer? i'm major sad that i can't do any behind the nut sounds on this guitar :( i'll just have to make do with a tremmed up harmonic

I wish, couldn't afford at the moment though. Maybe one day though

It's great for clean sounds and single coil sounds, like say Biffy stuff, can get some good sounds for that, but then for higher gain stuff ain't so good. Maybe I need to tweak my amp settings more but for really higher gain stuff not as good/as much output as a humbucker. Iuno. They're really bright as well. Half of me wants to keep them for variety and cos I can still get great sounds out of them but then the other half wants a nailbomb in it

Ok, that's good to know. I thought they were like a giant humbucker when linked in series... Apparently not.

Ok, that's good to know. I thought they were like a giant humbucker when linked in series... Apparently not.

Nah I think they technically are, when in series and parallel or some shit like that. There's one setting (forgot the control layout on my guitar!) that sounds more humbuckerish, but still doesn't quite match Reject

I wish, couldn't afford at the moment though. Maybe one day though

it's the best :) also how would you revert from dual p90s to humbuckers, surely p90s are bigger

Did you say these pickups were the custom winds like in the MB-2 or were they a standard BKP set?

my mirror E shape has the custom winds, and I don't really get any squealing.

Did you say these pickups were the custom winds like in the MB-2 or were they a standard BKP set?

my mirror E shape has the custom winds, and I don't really get any squealing.

Sure it's not because your sustainer intensity is set low so takes a while to build up but no squeals? That was pretty much the balance

Sure it's not because your sustainer intensity is set low so takes a while to build up but no squeals? That was pretty much the balance

Never tried adjusting it, but it works as it should when the bridge pickups are in series. No different than the humbucker guitars. It's a bit weak with the single bridge P90, but that's expected I guess

Archived