matthijs

Dom bbz, Jack White's copper Gretsch yo. I'm not usually into that kind of thing because I'm more a fan of the classic finish options, but the copper Gretsch is yum.

(edit: Deadstar beat me to it :()

And I don't mean any disrespect to your custom, Bob. Like I said, just more of a classic guitar kind of guy. I'd love to see Mansons take on an early Strat or Tele, but these days they tend to go more down the route of 'out there' guitars. Holey stuff for example, or aluminium/mirror/sparkly etc. They do it very well, of course, they just do a hell of a lot of it :LOL:

Dom bbz, Jack White's copper Gretsch yo. I'm not usually into that kind of thing because I'm more a fan of the classic finish options, but the copper Gretsch is yum.

And I don't mean any disrespect to your custom, Bob. Like I said, just more of a classic guitar kind of guy. I'd love to see Mansons take on an early Strat or Tele, but these days they tend to go more down the route of 'out there' guitars. Holey stuff for example, or aluminium/mirror/sparkly etc. They do it very well, of course, they just do a hell of a lot of it :LOL:

Yup, carbon is on a high ATM. About 4-5 planned, waiting for the come down of wood

Mansons do a lot of aluminium / mirror / sparkles, but not many individuals own a guitar with the same finish many times (except James)

Agreed...A JAG/JAZZMASTER WITH A COPPER TOP :facemelt:

also...

I actually emailed Mansons about that a couple of years back hurrrr

Oh I wasn't saying like copper guitars are new in general, Jack's one was what made me think of copper, I meant like for Mansons

and anyway Jack's are too shiny

Nice!

Disagree with the pickup change in Carbon though ... :p

yeah a lot of people are disagreeing with the mismatching pickups. once the black ali knobs were on the first the guitar just looked a bit too black for my liking. it was just bridge and machine heads. That's where the bridge pickup is there to balance things out a bit (that and all guitars have that same black neck pickup and chrome bridge pickup configuration).

Knobs definitely work a lot better in black ali. adrian did nearly tempt me to go all black but nah :p

Haha we all bitched at bob for the pickup change on Saturday (the MBK-2 from it is now in my DL-1)

Bob's mirror one is super lush. They did a great job.

Oh and the air filter guitar, I think it is for Seasick Steve too. I'm sure Hugh said it was for someone famous at some point.

They should make a black DL-1. Scuffed, of course

This.

8926024402_082befb359_b.jpg

I love the carbon!

Are the carbon and custom the basic MA shape? They look quite different since they're flat top.

Haha we all bitched at bob for the pickup change on Saturday (the MBK-2 from it is now in my DL-1)

Bob's mirror one is super lush. They did a great job.

Oh and the air filter guitar, I think it is for Seasick Steve too. I'm sure Hugh said it was for someone famous at some point.

pfft lauren didn't bitch (not in front of my face anyway :p). anyway you shouldn't be bitching since it got you the new black MBK-2 which has 10x more toan than the original.

This.

I love the carbon!

Are the carbon and custom the basic MA shape? They look quite different since they're flat top.

yup :) hugh also told me that my carbon was the second one he made following matt's one.. though technically the black 7 string was technically a carbon top but later painted black... that or the black midi, tim and hugh are confused on which one

I'd love to see Mansons take on an early Strat or Tele, but these days they tend to go more down the route of 'out there' guitars. Holey stuff for example, or aluminium/mirror/sparkly etc. They do it very well, of course, they just do a hell of a lot of it :LOL:

To be fair, I think they appreciate the more natural stuff as much as anyone, but there aren't many (well known at least) guitar makers out there offereing the mirror/ali/carbon/effects stuff and there's a demand for it so it's understandable they end up making them for people. It's interesting when you like at the little picture gallery of the stuff they used to make and realise that the stuff they do now is pretty down to Earth in comparison, haha!

Your guitar looks nice in that picture there, Bob, just reflecting the whiteness. I like that. That with the binding works really well. My problem with mirror finishes (I've said this before) is that if they're reflecting something boring, it makes the guitar itself look boring. In a picture like that it looks great though. Back looks...interesting...a bit weird but kind of cool from some angles I guess. As long as you're enjoying it though. Trem + Sustainer was a massive part of my custom spec so I know how you feel on that. I just complicated it with all the MIDI stuff as well, which has led to the super long wait for it.

Patient-bear.jpg

To be fair, I think they appreciate the more natural stuff as much as anyone, but there aren't many (well known at least) guitar makers out there offereing the mirror/ali/carbon/effects stuff and there's a demand for it so it's understandable they end up making them for people. It's interesting when you like at the little picture gallery of the stuff they used to make and realise that the stuff they do now is pretty down to Earth in comparison, haha!

Your guitar looks nice in that picture there, Bob, just reflecting the whiteness. I like that. That with the binding works really well. My problem with mirror finishes (I've said this before) is that if they're reflecting something boring, it makes the guitar itself look boring. In a picture like that it looks great though. Back looks...interesting...a bit weird but kind of cool from some angles I guess. As long as you're enjoying it though. Trem + Sustainer was a massive part of my custom spec so I know how you feel on that. I just complicated it with all the MIDI stuff as well, which has led to the super long wait for it.

Patient-bear.jpg

Yup, all happy with it, I'll try and get a video of the sparkles at some point, the thing is dazzling! You'll love the trem and sustainer, though hopefully it will be fine tension wise for wobbles. I don't bend it so much, just about a semi tone or tone up/ down

I do want to try some radical stuff with Mansons if I ever have the time. Finishes like the small triangles or crazy amount of strings like the jizzocaster I specc'd up, just need to make sure Hugh does it.

Yup, all happy with it, I'll try and get a video of the sparkles at some point, the thing is dazzling! You'll love the trem and sustainer, though hopefully it will be fine tension wise for wobbles. I don't bend it so much, just about a semi tone or tone up/ down

Aye, hoping so - shouldn't be that different from any other 7 string with trem though, and people don't seem to have much trouble doing the normal stuff with them usually I don't think. Agree that most of the stuff will be within a tone up or down, but it's nice to have the extra options too. I usually prefer more subtle use of it though, which will work nicely with the sustainer.

Just figured out my outstanding payment. That alone, not including the deposit or any of the (considerably expensive) bridge stuff, is still more expensive than my (pre-modded) MB-1 was! :LOL:

Aye, hoping so - shouldn't be that different from any other 7 string with trem though, and people don't seem to have much trouble doing the normal stuff with them usually I don't think. Agree that most of the stuff will be within a tone up or down, but it's nice to have the extra options too. I usually prefer more subtle use of it though, which will work nicely with the sustainer.

Just figured out my outstanding payment. That alone, not including the deposit or any of the (considerably expensive) bridge stuff, is still more expensive than my (pre-modded) MB-1 was! :LOL:

So £6-7k?

Archived