Rolling Stone (Brazil) - October 2012

Steff Martin

I guess this is the first time that a brazilian magazine writes an entire page about Muse. We're excited because the interview says that Muse have plans to be touring in South America later in 2013.

Rock in Rio Brazilian edition is scheduled to September 2013, I guess this is a probable gig date.

1696703850_RollingStoneBrasil(2).thumb.jpg.a630e1cf80ef11201fcbf69abd788f39.jpg

1338920921_RollingStoneBrasil(1).thumb.jpg.0a4d6186a5ad897ec28c26ae552cdb69.jpg

I guess this is the first time that a brazilian magazine writes an entire page about Muse. We're excited because the interview says that Muse have plans to be touring in South America later in 2013.

Rock in Rio Brazilian edition is scheduled to September 2013, I guess this is a probable gig date.

[ATTACH]15095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15096[/ATTACH]

"Prontos para o Topo" = "ready for the mouse", meaning Bellamy? :LOL:

[ATTACH]15095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15096[/ATTACH]

:D!

I hope they do come and do a proper show this time around.

I think Muse will come to South America in 2014.

You know...

2013: Japan, USA, European Stadium Tour, European festivals...

2014: Australia, South America...

They're only gonna be at Euro stadiums, but I think they could follow that with South American shows. It's all speculation but Muse in South America this time next year would make sense.

Google Translations because boredom:

Muse The 2nd Law Review:

The grandiose and epic tone still lingers, but the trio looked certain renewal.

In T2L, Muse follows the same formula as his previous works, only that one perceives a freshness. As before, the amalgam that sound travels through the paths of progressive rock in pop packaging continues flirting dangerously with grandiose ideas, sometimes falling into extreme geekiness. This is demonstrated in epic Olympic motivational "Survival". But now the good news: the new decade air hanging over the British trio by way electronic - dubstep format - and impose themselves massively in the title track, with a content of a dystopian sci-fi, and in more subtle ways throughout the disc as in the single "Madness", a clear intention to sound like a U2 rococo. Highlight for the debut of bassist Chris Wolstenholme as a composer. He also leads the urgent voices in "Liquid State", music that Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) certainly would have written.

Ready to Top

Muse return with T2L, dubstep influence and claims to be the biggest band on the planet

"The album is not as bad as people may think it is," muses bassist Christopher Wolstenholme on Muse's sixth album, The 2nd Law in a typical English summer afternoon - rainy - in London. "There are many negative things on disk, but actually it comes to how we deal with these situations like humans, about seeking love, stability, and use that as your protection against all."

"The second law" which names the new work group came from one source of literary inspiration of guitarist and vocalist Matt Bellamy. "I started reading recently about physical thermodynamics, which deals primarily with energy," he explains. The logic behind the concept is present in the statement "Unsustainable": the dilemma of living in a world whose energy-matrix is ​​doomed to inevitable disappearance and that still has its strength based on an economy sustained by infinite growth - so unsustainable. "The album is a celebration of human strength to fight against the very logic of the universe, but also about the fear that this strength and our desires can also cause the collapse."

Such pessimism is present in bands of a more political, like "Animals," Explorers "and the two parts of the title track." Survival ", in turn, represents the possibility of super-human - and that, being human, is subject to certain ironies.'s idea book, The Psychopath Test: a Journey through the Madness Industry, by journalist Jon Ronson, led Bellamy to write a song "crazy about that part of the brain that enables us to survival and fighting anything to this end. "Once composed, the track became the theme of the London Olympics" almost by accident. "" The organization contacted for us to play at the ceremony, they heard the song and liked it, "he says.

In T2L, Muse again invests his energy in exploring new musical horizons like dubstep artists like Skrillex and Nero. "We have seen the two in different occasions during the writing process of the album and we were like, 'Damn, that's fantastic!" Says the drummer Dominic Howard. "It's like a metal show, but done with electronic music, and the audience went crazy." Bellamy explains that the style, however, was adapted to the universe of Muse. "We try to create our version of it, but there's nothing electronic," he says. "Live, everything is played with instruments."

A new tour of Muse must pass by Brazil in the second half of 2013 - or at least that's what the trio bet, highlighting positive to come by to work. "It's like going out on vacation," Wolstenholme recalls on the presentations of bands in the country in 2008 and 2011 (the latter, opening for U2). With the launch, the Muse was ready to take on the position of the Irish biggest band in the world? "Yes," answers Howard, dry. An effusive laughter comes next. "If this will happen is another matter."

As I predicted, Muse was confirmed for Rock in Rio Brazil 2013. They will play at World Stage (Main Stage). Source http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/rock-in-rio-confirma-alice-in-chains-muse-para-sua-edicao-2013-6708792

YES YES YES!

This is so great! I'll finally have the chance to see them live :awesome:

But will they come here on tour or just for Rock In Rio? Either way I will be there, though I have never been to a concert in my life (seriously). Well, I guess that by april/2013 we'll have detailed info. :D

Archived