BH&R Sound

MattMuse1991

Hi,

Does anybody know if Matt Bellamy was still blending his amps on the black holes & revelations tour? I found out that he was pretty much using the same amps as he is to this day bar the Vox AC30 but I can't tell what amp he Is using from watching gigs around 06-07. I know the Diezel was definitely there but by 2006 his tone had Improved in my opinion since Absolution yet his tone still remained very trebley unlike how it is these days and now sounds a lot more 'mellow'

Is this the Diezel by itself we are hearing In this clip?

Nope it´s a Marshall you can see at the back. The head it´s a Marshall 1959HW 100-watt and I think the cab it´s a Marshall 1960A.

I highly doubt that sound Is all coming from the plexi, It might be part of It but I've yet to hear any plexi that has that much gain by Itself. He has It back on stage now but I still find It hard to believe that It has much to do with his rhythm and lead tones, I reckon he uses It for cleans as I find the plexi to be a very plain amp that could never deliver the same sound as a modern amplifier.

Archived