Matt's Rig for the 2nd Law Tour

Impulse 101

http://musewiki.org/Guitar_effects#The_2nd_Law_Tour

2ndlawrack.jpg

Very interesting Two Kemper profiling heads and an AxeFX two. I doubt that anyone will know the difference. I've got a buddy who is a total gear freak who loves the Kemper. I'm considering trying it, it's very intriguing. I'm sure the AxeFX does the FX, it's capable of doing just about everything that he's ever done as far as effects processing.

He's got no power amps, or cabs from what I can see. But with IEM's and the volume of the PA does he really need one, even for feedback?

JT

Where did they take this picture ?

The rig seems to be simplier than the resistance one

So, he has a two whammies, including a DT. He may have another rack for amps... The gear on the left does not look like an amplifier...

Talking about his guitar rig : Where is Santa 2.0 ?:stunned:

Where did they take this picture ?

The rig seems to be simplier than the resistance one

So, he has a two whammies, including a DT. He may have another rack for amps... The gear on the left does not look like an amplifier...

Talking about his guitar rig : Where is Santa 2.0 ?:stunned:

it was taken at that gig they did on a french tv show not long ago.

i haven't seen another rack for amps. just the one in the picture with the two kempers and axe fx.

and no idea - probably retired at this point. it's already been split in half once and the original neck broken. haven't seen the black M1D1/invincible either...he used that guitar a LOT in the past few years.

he might just want a different sound now. all of his new guitars have humbuckers (except for the carbon)

sure is a lot of whammy in here

He'll have to have some sort of on-stage monitoring for feedback, surely? If he can get feedback from the PA he'd have problems throughout the gig. I guess for a TV show you don't take your amp.

no idea, but i did notice that marshall stack has something inside the top cabinet

monitor_zps4ff96227.png

powered monitor of some sort?

no idea, but i did notice that marshall stack has something inside the top cabinet

monitor_zps4ff96227.png

powered monitor of some sort?

Between 7:15 and 7:30 Matt talks about his amps :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewgdcONzej4

During the pre tour shows he had three amps : the Marshall on stage and two amps off stage. He also says that the Marshall is modified. Maybe what you noticed on that picture is the modification he talks about.

I'm sure it has two powered pa speakers in it, you can see the speakon cables plugged in the back. and as such is just used for monitoring the kempers. If you listen to his wording in the interview he says its a "real Marshall Sound" which with the kemper he technically isn't lying.

Remember he had the speakers in the Dickinson swapped for monitor speakers so this is just going a bit further for the same effect.

Looking at the visible settings on the kempers in the rack picture he seems to have them dialled slightly differently to each other so I presume he is still blending amps as before. Not using one as a backup.

I'm sure it has two powered pa speakers in it, you can see the speakon cables plugged in the back. and as such is just used for monitoring the kempers. If you listen to his wording in the interview he says its a "real Marshall Sound" which with the kemper he technically isn't lying.

Remember he had the speakers in the Dickinson swapped for monitor speakers so this is just going a bit further for the same effect.

Looking at the visible settings on the kempers in the rack picture he seems to have them dialled slightly differently to each other so I presume he is still blending amps as before. Not using one as a backup.

Yep. That's exactly what they are.

JT

They are probably set up for different types of sounds. He must like using them as they are, the AxeFX has a great Whammy in it. You can even specify which version you want to emulate. I use it at every gig.

JT

Wait, where is that option? I know you can do Cl whammy and advanced whammy, but you can actually choose between which version?

Wait, where is that option? I know you can do Cl whammy and advanced whammy, but you can actually choose between which version?

I believe that there are more versions than that. Honestly, I've been using the advanced whammy for so long I have forgotten which other versions there are.

JT

I believe that there are more versions than that. Honestly, I've been using the advanced whammy for so long I have forgotten which other versions there are.

JT

Well advanced and classic aren't really versions, they just different modes (along with harmonies and stuff) for the pitch shifter. It's not like one is a whammy I simulator and one is a whammy IV simulator.

I'm certainly happy with it too btw.

Archived