Muse inspired comic "SHOWBIZ", needs support!

gabriellebol

Hello!

My name is Gabriëlle Bol and I am 16 years old. For two years, I have worked on this story called SHOWBIZ. It's obviously inspired by Muse. In fact, I have used a lot of their songs in it. It's not finished yet and the only people who have seen it so far are my friends and family. But I want to change that, I want to share this comic with everyone!

I have scanned the first two pages, as well as some related art and... for my final school project, I am going to make merchandise for it. Yes, merchandise. It's very expensive to make this of course, which is why I need everyone's help. I have started a campaign in which you can donate and recieve rewards for it.

But of course you want to know more of the comic before you'd donate. Here is a little summary/intro: "Try to imagine a world without any form of money. A world that is all about music instead. And try to imagine that this all works for some reason. Everything seems so perfect and peaceful here. The only problem is the genres. Every country has obtained one of the genres and sticks to it, making it forbidden to listen to or make music from different genres. Christopher is an 18-year-old blind guy born in the genre of Classical Opera. Due to his complicated situation at home, he decides to travel the world with a rebellious band he's met at a local theatre. He soon takes place in their band as their pianist and lead-singer, causing a forbidden combination in which the band combines multiple genres. Against the Government's orders, they will stop at nothing to spread their music and... hopefully destroy the law that has seperated the genres for centuries."

Now, here are the first two pages as well, because you're probably wondering about them.

20121019110455-Pagina_1.jpg?1350669907

20121019110523-Pagina_2.jpg?1350669928

For more art, visit the link at the end of this topic.

Now I know this may all seem a little unprofessional, especially considering my age. I won't lie to you, I'm not a professional. Not yet. It has been my dream to become a comic artist ever since I was little. It has ALWAYS been my dream to change the world, to tell stories and teach things to people. It's more than that, it is MY PURPOSE. I may be young, perhaps too young, but I want to accomplish this anyway. Merchandise is a pretty big, first step. Not only is it really awesome to have, it will also spread the story. Which I think is a good thing because the story is full of political messages and more (also a lot of lessons about life and happiness). This comic has never been about making money, it's all about spreading messages and learning people things about life! I think everyone should be able to read that.

Okay, I'll stop writing this topic now because it's getting too long. There's just one more wish I would like to tell you before you (hopefully) click the link below. I'm not sure if there is any way to show this comic to Muse themselves... but... it would be the greatest honour. More than that, it's my dream to show this to them. I owe the entire story and comic to them, so yeah!

For more information (there's also an awesome video I made!) and the campaign itself, go here: http://www.indiegogo.com/showbizcomic?c=gallery&a=1638920 . It would be my greatest honour if you looked at it, take the time to read it and contribute. Or at least share it with others! It would take little time for you to make a dream come true!

Wow - the artwork is amazing! And I really really like the story, the concept... and I appreciate your strive to make this work.

Merchandise is a big leap forward, it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

But I will donate a few dollars to get the ball rolling.

I really wish you the best of luck with the project. :)

Wow - the artwork is amazing! And I really really like the story, the concept... and I appreciate your strive to make this work.

Merchandise is a big leap forward, it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

But I will donate a few dollars to get the ball rolling.

I really wish you the best of luck with the project. :)

Wow, thank you so much! I appreciate the support A LOT. Thanks!

Archived