2013.03.17 - Mandalay Bay Resort, Las Vegas, NV, US

halo eighteen

I'm seeing The Black Keys that time in Vegas myself!

If I can somehow pull if off, I'd love to see the Black Keys on the 30th there. I was front row center for them at Lolla on Friday this year, and also for RHCP on Saturday, so seeing them 2 nights in a row would be like that all over again.

It's gorgeous! It doesn't feel like gaudy Vegas. I love the neutral tones and the technology in the rooms and the corner suites are awesome. The restaurants and lounges are some of my favorites and the spa is so nice. I can't wait to go back. :yesey:

i5_ADb7Cp1M

I've gambled at the Cosmo, but I haven't stayed there before. It looks really nice too!

I was going to go NYE weekend too. A Perfect Circle and Black Keys in one weekend! But I couldn't take that time off in Dec + a week off for Muse in Jan, so I had to drop the NYE Vegas plans. :( I'm so happy that Muse will be playing Vegas in the spring though! :awesome:

I just saw this part. Sorry! That is awesome! I love A Perfect Circle too. The Killers are also playing Vegas that weekend. I'd go broke. Haha. I'm staying at The Luxor, I think, before the show, but we're staying at the Cosmopolitan on New Year's Eve because RHCP is playing the Chelsea Ballroom, and we don't want to have to deal with trying to get cab to a hotel after.

I decided to go with seats, because at 5ft 2, I am unable to see anything when I am standing on the floor level. So now I am nervous that I got lousy seats. Does anyone with experience know if section 108 row N are any good,will I be able to get a good view? I appreciate any comments.

I decided to go with seats, because at 5ft 2, I am unable to see anything when I am standing on the floor level. So now I am nervous that I got lousy seats. Does anyone with experience know if section 108 row N are any good,will I be able to get a good view? I appreciate any comments.

Did u buy VIP tickets or regular reserved? A lot of people are complaining that the VIP seats r in that section too.

If you go to the main .mu page, there is a link to ticketmaster which has a seating chart. I think you will be okay. I got seats too, I am 4 ft 11. Not much chance for a decent experience on the floor, frankly.

I think you are in the lower level, so your seats will probably be better than mine. From what I hear, there's not really a bad seat for this show.

I just saw this part. Sorry! That is awesome! I love A Perfect Circle too. The Killers are also playing Vegas that weekend. I'd go broke. Haha. I'm staying at The Luxor, I think, before the show, but we're staying at the Cosmopolitan on New Year's Eve because RHCP is playing the Chelsea Ballroom, and we don't want to have to deal with trying to get cab to a hotel after.

That's a good idea, especially for NYE. :yesey:

And this show lands on St. Patrick's day. It's going to be one crazy weekend! :awesome:

If you go to the main .mu page, there is a link to ticketmaster which has a seating chart. I think you will be okay. I got seats too, I am 4 ft 11. Not much chance for a decent experience on the floor, frankly.

I think you are in the lower level, so your seats will probably be better than mine. From what I hear, there's not really a bad seat for this show.

Ok thanks. It's going to be awesome, can't wait.

Well anyone who bought reserved seats in the Muse presale got the short end of the stick. Hopefully no one paid $200 for those VIP tix in section 108. That is just a real sucky section at the opposite end of the arena to where the stage is.

Everyone is better taking the cheaper tickets in the 200 level.

Also the general sale VIP had front row tickets next to stage.

BTW if anyone wants better reserved 100 seats, wait a while because they will drop all those VIP seats that aren't selling in a few weeks. The irony of using paperless tickets to prevent scalping but scalping the same seats and calling them VIP (sigh).

GA is all open. There are no seats or rows on the floor. The numbers are just a way of cataloging for ticketmaster. Ignore them. :LOL:

Thanks so much! I was worried for a minute. I thought I had bought the wrong ticket. This'll be my first concert. Does anyone have any idea what time I should leave so I can get a spot right at the barrier?

Thanks so much! I was worried for a minute. I thought I had bought the wrong ticket. This'll be my first concert. Does anyone have any idea what time I should leave so I can get a spot right at the barrier?

It depends. Vegas venues usually don't allow early lines to form for various reasons. More so if you are under 21.

Last time I turned up at 7pm and was able to saunter to the rail. Vegas crowds don't arrive too early in huge numbers.

I would check with the venue, because if you turn up at 8am or something they will send you away.

Well anyone who bought reserved seats in the Muse presale got the short end of the stick. Hopefully no one paid $200 for those VIP tix in section 108. That is just a real sucky section at the opposite end of the arena to where the stage is.

Everyone is better taking the cheaper tickets in the 200 level.

Also the general sale VIP had front row tickets next to stage.

BTW if anyone wants better reserved 100 seats, wait a while because they will drop all those VIP seats that aren't selling in a few weeks. The irony of using paperless tickets to prevent scalping but scalping the same seats and calling them VIP (sigh).

So which seats would be considered the best?

So which seats would be considered the best?

It's up to your preference really. Do you want to see more of the band or more visuals? Sections 105 and 121 are probably the best. They should offer their VIP seating in those sections. It's a bit odd to see them offer 108.

If you're paying regular price, there really isn't a bad seat in the house since the venue is medium sized. The only ones that might offer difficult viewing would be the corner sections (109-111, 115-117). But I wouldn't mind sitting in the center back sections (112-113) to get a good view of the visuals. I sat in upper tier section 204 last time and I had a great view, especially for an upper tier.

4517692913_d7f3abcf3b_z.jpg

It's up to your preference really. Do you want to see more of the band or more visuals? Sections 105 and 121 are probably the best. They should offer their VIP seating in those sections. It's a bit odd to see them offer 108.

If you're paying regular price, there really isn't a bad seat in the house since the venue is medium sized. The only ones that might offer difficult viewing would be the corner sections (109-111, 115-117). But I wouldn't mind sitting in the center back sections (112-113) to get a good view of the visuals. I sat in upper tier section 204 last time and I had a great view, especially for an upper tier.

4517692913_d7f3abcf3b_z.jpg

Whilst Mandalay isn't a huge 20K arena (it is 12K) the rear lowers 108, 109 etc are just poor value seats. You are over 100ft away.

Personally pretty visuals are nice and all, but it is a music concert and seeing the band play is my thing. I never sit/stand more than 20 rows from the stage.

I've sat at the back of arenas for two gigs and swore never to pay $100 on that kind of experience when I can put a DVD on in my garden and watch it play from the kitchen.

I agree somewhat. I go for barrier for most gigs except for some destination locations such as Vegas and LA where I wind up going for seats. I love the up close and personal concert experience, but on occasion I just want to relax and find a seat wherever. Luckily there are two LA dates, so I'm doing one barrier and one seated. It's nice to get both perspectives. :yesey:

Well whaddya know, this gig is now happening for me. GA is still available, and after talking with a few friends, we've decided to join the party. I've made the drive up to Vegas for shows before (but never Muse), and I have to say I'm really looking forward to not waking up at some ungodly hour to queue (Vegas is a crazy town, but most of the concert-goers are laid-back), especially since I very well might be nursing a hangover in the mornings. :LOL:

Starting to really worry about the seats we got. I knew we wouldn't be getting great seats, because of our price range, but the 200 level just seems like I am going to be missing out...judging fromt he videos I've seen, I am not going to be able to see beyond the pyramid.

Were in section 205, about midway up. I bought them the day they went on sale, seems like I could've gotten better seats. I went to Ticketmaster, and found 100 level seats still on sale, though they are behind. The people sitting behind so far say it's been a great experience, though, so maybe it would be okay.

I don't know? What do you think?

Is there a way I can call and have them upgrade my tickets? I just don't know that I want to be that high up, but GA tickets are out of the question.

*sigh*

Archived