2013.01.24 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, US

halo eighteen

Yeah, he is rabid about that. I filmed a bit at one of the shows he did at the Forum and nearly got my youtube account shut down.

I can understand him going after videos of his own concerts, but for someone else covering it? Ridiculous!

wow prince. :LOL:

Yep. :noey:

Hmm, maybe my recording got messed up for ONLY Sign O The Times because Prince hacked my computer when I was transferring.

:LOL: That sneaky little bastard.

Not surprising really. I really was more surprised the videos weren't taken down sooner. Have you heard of this?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1045247/radiohead-to-prince-unblock-creep-youtube-vids

I forgot all about that! But I do remember Prince going after some photographers pretty extremely and it caused a huge fluff in a Flickr community I'm in. He's overzealous. :noey:

I can understand him going after videos of his own concerts, but for someone else covering it? Ridiculous!

*pops in for first time in 4 months*

Yep, that's my annoyance with it. At his own show, that's totally fair game, especially if the audience has been told not to use cameras. But if he's that protective of the rights to his songs that fan-recorded COVERS can't even be shared, he should be taking it up with Muse themselves or any other band who covers him (because there's a LOT of fan-recorded Prince covers by other very famous bands on Youtube), not by attacking fans like myself who seriously had no way of knowing any better and almost had their Youtube account revoked because of it.

I'd provide another link to my video, but now I'm paranoid haha.

Archived