2013.01.24 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, US

halo eighteen

:( None of the VIP tickets were for the floor, they're just guaranteed seats in the lower bowl (and you can get seats just as good without VIP, so you're paying for the merch and party or whatever it was). I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted, although I'm glad you're ready to enjoy the shows anyway. That's a lot of money. :eek:

You can always try to get floor for one of your shows; from what I understand, Ticketmaster releases the last of their unsold tickets at 10 AM on the day of each event, so if there's anything left you can get it from them instead of scalpers. I've never done it though, I wouldn't do a sixteen-hour round trip and hotels and all that unless I had guaranteed tickets. And I also live in Phoenix, where things don't sell out as fast as they do in LA.

I don't really understand the seating categories that Ticketmaster offers. There's Lower Level Loge and then there's Floor Level Seating? (That's in addition to Floor General Admission) I wasn't sure which to choose between those, but then I remembered from last time that the low level seats are classified under Lower Level Loge. Are they going to have a dedicated seated section on the floor?

Thanx.

Now that you pointed out, I do have pretty good seat.:happy: It's the first seat offered to me, after I failed to get any GA.

Maybe the VIP tics are all on Matt's side.:LOL:

Yes! That is a very good seat. I thought about possibly dropping those and doing a search for another, but I thought twice about it and decided they weren't that bad to begin with, lol. GA is tough to get, i've never done a gig with floor tickets, I might do one if they come back through LA in another leg of the tour though.

But yeah, you should be very happy! :D

In my limited experience it turns into a game of chicken. :LOL: You get together and decide a certain time, then you get texts the morning of telling you to get out of bed half an hour early so you can be there before the other group...

But that was Lolla. The queue was pretty much us Musers from the forum for at least 3 hours, then the uninitiated masses started to get in line behind us after that. :chuckle: On the plus side, we got to watch the sun rise, talk to the guy from the local news, and meet/hang out with Catherine (#1 in the queue).

Man, if I got there that early, and kept against the barrier to maintain my position for what, 8 hours? I'd probably be too hungry to enjoy the show, and then I'd probably have to piss so bad I'd lose my position in the barrier and be back in square one. How do you guys deal with these hunger/thirst/digestive necessities?

Man, if I got there that early, and kept against the barrier to maintain my position for what, 8 hours? I'd probably be too hungry to enjoy the show, and then I'd probably have to piss so bad I'd lose my position in the barrier and be back in square one. How do you guys deal with these hunger/thirst/digestive necessities?

When you line up before the show, stay for a while then ask the person sitting next to you to watch your spot while you grab a bite to eat/ use the restroom. There are lots of places within walking distance. Once inside, I ignore everything else. :LOL:

It's different for festivals, 'cause they open the gates a lot earlier. We had our last official bathroom break around 10 probably, and from 11 (when the gates opened) until 2ish we could sneak in and out to use the port-a-potties or get food without losing our barrier spots--although I didn't, I was too chicken to leave my left-side barrier spot. Then it started filling up for the earlier acts, so you had to hang in there.

Just make friends with everyone around you in the queue, and you'll be able to eat and take breaks in turns until you get into the arena. :happy:

I wish Dead Sara would open these shows instead of Band of Skulls. Check out their debut album people, just a great rock and roll album from start to finish! The lead singer (a female) has an amazing range vocally. She can go from a raging scream to a beautiful soft tone. It's great that their getting this big time exposure.

I wish Dead Sara would open these shows instead of Band of Skulls. Check out their debut album people, just a great rock and roll album from start to finish! The lead singer (a female) has an amazing range vocally. She can go from a raging scream to a beautiful soft tone. It's great that their getting this big time exposure.

I'm actually really really excited for Band of Skulls. I missed their free KCRW gig this summer so the upcoming Cali gigs are a great way to make up for that. :happy:

not a fan of Dead Sara and can't stand 'Weatherman'........a bit too pop punk for my taste. They must've been Dom's pick for the opener. :LOL:

I'm actually really really excited for Band of Skulls. I missed their free KCRW gig this summer so the upcoming Cali gigs are a great way to make up for that. :happy:

not a fan of Dead Sara and can't stand 'Weatherman'........a bit too pop punk for my taste. They must've been Dom's pick for the opener. :LOL:

I love what I've heard of Band of Skulls, so it's really a perfect gig for me.

bummed out, just tried to get 1 ticket off ticketmaster - the whole 2nd show is sold out?!

i have tickets to night 1, but i know i'm gonna end up wanting to go again..

Wow, is it really sold out? I know that .mu is saying that the first night is sold out even though I could still pull up tickets for it on TM. It'd be very surprising if the second night sold out before the first.

Looks like both nights are now sold out, though I don't know if there aren't seats behind the stage this time, so that would eliminate like 4,000 seats or so. I don't think Night 2 sold out last time, though IIRC that show was announced like 3 months later and announced really under the radar.

I saw Band of Skulls last month at ACL, and they got to play only 2 songs before they got rained out and had to end their set for fear of water damage, which was honestly kinda funny, especially since they said "We're Brits, we're used to this weather!" right before they stopped playing. But at the same time, I wasn't able to get any sense of whether they've improved from that terrible performance I caught from them in 2009.

I'll take them over Dead Sara, though, who I'm NOT a fan of. Wish we were getting The Joy Formidable, though. I've seen them as many times as I've seen Muse.

Looks like both nights are now sold out, though I don't know if there aren't seats behind the stage this time, so that would eliminate like 4,000 seats or so. I don't think Night 2 sold out last time, though IIRC that show was announced like 3 months later and announced really under the radar.

I saw Band of Skulls last month at ACL, and they got to play only 2 songs before they got rained out and had to end their set for fear of water damage, which was honestly kinda funny, especially since they said "We're Brits, we're used to this weather!" right before they stopped playing. But at the same time, I wasn't able to get any sense of whether they've improved from that terrible performance I caught from them in 2009.

I'll take them over Dead Sara, though, who I'm NOT a fan of. Wish we were getting The Joy Formidable, though. I've seen them as many times as I've seen Muse.

Yeah, radio announced that both gigs are sold out. So began my search for tickets...

A lot sexyplane tweeters (i think from the O2 Arena gig) hated TJF. found that really odd...they put on a good show! I'm also a fan of Everything Everything but not sure what they're like live.

Archived