2013.01.24 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, US

halo eighteen

BTW, GA tickets are paperless.

I thought it was all tickets?

Demand for the first show must've been pretty high if they already announced the second date before the first even goes on general sale. I remember that the last time they came through here it was a while after the first night went on sale that they announced the second.

gah! If I'd said every cussword known to man (like I wanted to) I'd be fired by now. I'm working at the office today and can't use Ticketbastard on my work laptop, so I tried my iPhone. Almost tore my hair out, between the slow cell network browsing and those stupid recaptchas. :'( General sale it is then.

All I want is ONE GA. Cmon now. :/

/rant

on the other hand, :awesome: second niiiiiight!

There are GA still popping up. Tickets are all over the map - I'm getting everything from behind the stage to 300s to GA. I'm looking for 100 levels for a friend who doesn't want GA so I keep trying.

Thanks! :( I've been trying for a while now. I keep getting the same section (333) now, so things aren't looking so good. Hopefully I can pull something up tomorrow. I can pull up some great individual tickets, so maybe we'll all have to sit apart. :LOL:

I thought it was all tickets?

Demand for the first show must've been pretty high if they already announced the second date before the first even goes on general sale. I remember that the last time they came through here it was a while after the first night went on sale that they announced the second.

I don't think it will be all tickets, but GA and at the least the lower levels.

Can someone who knows LA well give me some advice please.

I am coming over from London for the 23rd gig, my friend and her husband are coming with me (because I'm staying with them so I bought tickets as thank you for them and her husband is driving us home)

I wouldn't dare to ask them to go to the 24th gig again (they are not Muse fan yet), the only way I can go to the second gig is to find a hotel near by.

According to my friend the Staples center is at a not so good area. I found a hotel at South Flower Street, Downtown Los Angeles, and from the map it's 0.5 miles from Staples centre and 10 minutes walk.

My question is:

Will there be people around or I will be all by myself in the dark?

Will it be safe for me to walk back to the hotel after the gig around midnight?

I don't want to be mugged/murdered.:'(

I am coming over from London for the 23rd gig, my friend and her husband are coming with me (because I'm staying with them so I bought tickets as thank you for them and her husband is driving us home)

I wouldn't dare to ask them to go to the 24th gig again (they are not Muse fan yet), the only way I can go to the second gig is to find a hotel near by.

According to my friend the Staples center is at a not so good area. I found a hotel at South Flower Street, Downtown Los Angeles, and from the map it's 0.5 miles from Staples centre and 10 minutes walk.

My question is:

Can you ask your friend if she can pick you up after the gig? Staples Center is not the worst of all areas in DTLA (I used to work next to Skid Row) but it's not very safe to walk by yourself at night. :eek:

My question is:

What's the name of the hotel? I have experience navigating Downtown LA as I had to cross all of Downtown when I was in high school, so I can give you some advice. You should remember that there will also be plenty of other people leaving the concert and walking back to their cars and/or hotels, so it's not as if you'll be the sole person around the area.

Can you ask your friend if she can pick you up after the gig? Staples Center is not the worst of all areas in DTLA (I used to work next to Skid Row) but it's not very safe to walk by yourself at night.

I don't think I can ask her husband to pick me up as the reason he comes to the 23rd gig is so he can drive us home.

What's the name of the hotel? I have experience navigating Downtown LA as I had to cross all of Downtown when I was in high school, so I can give you some advice. You should remember that there will also be plenty of other people leaving the concert and walking back to their cars and/or hotels, so it's not as if you'll be the sole person around the area.

The hotel's name is Ritz Milner Hotel, at 813 South Flower Street.

From the map it looks like I'll be walking along big street and I thought 10 minutes is not too far ( I walk an hour to walk every day, I am thinking more that 10 minutes is relatively safe for me to walk at night time)

I am also hoping there will be others walking nearby after the gig?

Is it the Milner? I have friends who have stayed there and it isn't in a bad area.

Yes that's the one.

I just want a place for me to stay overnight so I can go back safely the next morning.

Do you think there will be other Musers staying there since it's not far from Staples Center.

Would it be safe to walk back at night?

The hotel's name is Ritz Milner Hotel, at 813 South Flower Street.

From the map it looks like I'll be walking along big street and I thought 10 minutes is not too far ( I walk an hour to walk every day, I am thinking more that 10 minutes is relatively safe for me to walk at night time)

I am also hoping there will be others walking nearby after the gig?

Yeah, Figueroa is a street that stretches across the city as is one of the most busiest streets in LA. I'm sure you'll be safe if you take Figueroa up, right on 9th, and then up on South Flower. You could also look at the streets on the day of and get a feel for them.

Yeah, Figueroa is a street that stretches across the city. I'm sure you'll be safe if you take Figueroa up, right on 9th, and then up on South Flower. You could also look at the streets on the day of and get a feel for them.

So it should be OK for me to walk back at night? (I know no one can say any place is 100% safe, just on general reputation of the place.)

So it should be OK for me to walk back at night? (I know no one can say any place is 100% safe, just on general reputation of the place.)

No you will get asked by every homeless person on the street for change.

If you dont they will probably try to rape you so be prepared ok.

Yes, you should be safe on the walk back. The walk there does not go through any real ugly places.

I'm sure there'll be other Musers you could walk back with too.

No lol. Im joking but some shady parts of my city that is the case. Just make sure there's not a homeless shelter nearby where you will be walking.

I was really scared.:$

I never worried about coming home after midnight in London, and I've walked back to hotels after the gig in other European cities, but America frightens me.

Yes, you should be safe on the walk back. The walk there does not go through any real ugly places.

I'm sure there'll be other Musers you could walk back with too.

Thanx for your advices.

I was hoping there would be other Musers walking around that area (surely some people must stay in hotels:D) and 10 minutes is short enough walk to avoid any nastiness.:rolleyes:

Just need to make sure I get ticket for 23rd and 24th.

Thanx for your advices.

I was hoping there would be other Musers walking around that area (surely some people must stay in hotels:D) and 10 minutes is short enough walk to avoid any nastiness.:rolleyes:

Just need to make sure I get ticket for 23rd and 24th.

I'll need a hotel as well, as I'm driving from Arizona and going to both shows (hopefully, if the Ticketmaster gods smile on me tomorrow?). Haven't picked a place yet, though, I had the same concerns as you. Phoenix is rural Idaho compared to Downtown LA. :LOL:

Archived