Dailystar - Muse desperate to conquer America

Bells

So that's why the singles have been getting progressively worse...

:chuckle: That's kind of what I thought when I heard the new album, and that they were trying to make an album that they hoped would broadly appeal to Americans.

But really, I wonder what their actual criteria would be to make them feel that they had conquered the American market.....just to always play stadiums? Is that it? :erm:

They've done pretty darn well here, and I think they should be satisfied with it. Ambitious people are never satisfied, though...

It could be your location. They're pretty well known here in CA. I hear their music (UD, Resistance and Madness) in grocery stores right alongside all of the other bland pop out there like Coldplay. That's when you know you've really made it in the US. Muse should be so proud! :rolleyes::LOL:

:yesey: When high school marching bands are playing your songs, you're pretty popular in the US.

BSAqvKETq3Q

:LOL:

A-ha! so maybe inclusion in grocery store muzak and marching bands covering your songs mean you've made it in America!

Yea. One has to wonder.... Why is it so fucking important for them to "conquer America"? Is THAT what they're thinking about when they're writing music? Are they thinking "Is this something that will sell in America?", because that could certainly be a contributing factor to the increasingly schizophrenic albums. It's a strange goal to have. I think it might do Matt "Ahab" Bellamy some good to re-examine his goals. ;)

I really do not think that they would be doing the kind of albums they are, if their main concern was to break America.

Also Matt has said that he is not the one with the ambition, but it seems like people are not (fucking) prepared to listen.

Plus the additional dig at him is below the belt.

I really do not think that they would be doing the kind of albums they are, if their main concern was to break America.

Also Matt has said that he is not the one with the ambition, but it seems like people are not (fucking) prepared to listen.

It's always Matt that gets blamed for anything people don't like. It annoys me.

When and where did he say he's not the one with the ambition?

When and where did he say he's not the one with the ambition?

In the Guardian interview I think, I'm not sure. It's the one where he says that he thinks he does it for Dom. He's also said previously that it's all about the music for him, whereas Dom has spoken several times about wanting to be the biggest band in the world and Chris has said they have to "sell their souls" if they want to get big in America in relation to Twilight.

Even if Matt does want to do well, it's unfair to put the blame solely at his door, especially because, out of the three, he seems the most conflicted.

Something he later claimed to be bullshit. Or are you not prepared to listen? ;)

I don't think he said what he said was made up. I think he criticised how it was interpreted and it wasn't clear. But to be honest I can't remember the precise details.

In any case, what I have said stands. The majority of the shit gets thrown at Matt whatever the truth of the matter, that's the point I am making.

I don't think he said what he said was made up. I think he criticised how it was interpreted and it wasn't clear. But to be honest I can't remember the precise details.

In any case, what I have said stands. The majority of the shit gets thrown at Matt whatever the truth of the matter, that's the point I am making.

He's the one writing the songs, nothing changes that :LOL:

Plus the additional dig at him is below the belt.

A Moby Dick reference is "below the belt"? :erm:

I blame Matt for the server crashes.

:LOL:

He's the one writing the songs, nothing changes that :LOL:

Yup.

I don't agree that the songs are written in order to appeal to an American audience.

^^^You could have just said this rather than get offended on Matt's behalf. ;)

when a world renown wgi percussion ensemble placing 1st the year before plays muse theyve "made it." also, butterflies and hurricanes has popped up in a lot of other groups performance too. also first post

4NjWSkRwI4I

that was just insane. I come from a long line of percussionists, and my brothers were all in marching bands...one was in the drumline and won all kinds of awards. Now my son is in percussion in his middle school band. I have never seen anything like that. Ever. I must link that on facebook for my brothers, they'd get a kick out of it....

They're devils these magazines, attributing Chris's supposed remark about wanting more to Matt in this one. :rolleyes:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/76970/muse-reveal-plans-to-conquer-us-we-want-something-more

And now off topic, Matt is allegedly disappointed in Muse. :LOL:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni38251479/

Yeah I know they always twist stuff, but the cheek of it still amazes me. I'm just googling because I'm bored.

I get the feeling they want to do sold out back to back nights playing in stadiums, instead of arenas. :noey:

Ugh. I wouldn't even GO to a stadium show. I don't even particularly care for arena shows. They're just too big. Unless one goes out of their way to be within 50-75 feet from the stage, it's not worth it in most cases (for me). The big, outdoor festivals are worth it because there's so many bands, and the vibe is really different.

I wonder how many bands Matt, Chris, and Dom attended at stadiums and arenas prior to becoming famous themselves? Festivals don't count! Because if they really think that playing strictly stadium shows is a good thing, they couldn't possibly have attended many stadium shows as laypeople. :noey:

Archived