Will Call questions and comments

Bonga13

Anyone finding the Will-Call policy a bit stiff?

I mean, I'm all for Will-Call to prevent scalping but I put Will-Call under my friend's name for the Boston show in case I can't take the day off to go up there (I don't live in Boston). I'm only trying to get my own name added to the Will-Call as well because I just found out it's a long weekend and my friend may be out of town. But from my back and forth with the customer service, it just seems unyielding that I can't get my own name added to Will-Call?

:mad:

I understand and appreciate why they are doing this. The whole point of a member-only presale is to weed out scalpers. However, I agree it is a little annoying. I got GA tickets for NJ and was hoping that if I decided the pit was too much for me, I could trade them at face value for seats. But now, if I did that, I'd have to get to the venue as early as the person who wanted to queue up, and that defeats the purpose. But overall I think it's a good idea, and if people really have a problem with it they can still go through Ticketbastard (which I have to do anyway for MSG).

No reply from them yet, but noob question since I've never done Will Call. Does that mean I have to pick up the tickets on the DAY OF? Do I just show the credit card & an ID?

Mine said to bring credit card / government ID / and the receipt (confirmation email).

Is there a way to switch from will call to delivery? When I bought mine the only option was will call but I would much rather have them delivered.

Will Call is day of, usually a few hours beforehand. I definately recommend getting their a bit early, though, as if the line is long enough, and people don't have proper ID, you can be in line after the show starts...

You will need your photo ID and credit card used to buy the tix, in addition to the printed email confirmation.

Completely sucks, but better than nothing, I guess...

No, there was no way to change to delivery.

I understand and appreciate why they are doing this. The whole point of a member-only presale is to weed out scalpers. However, I agree it is a little annoying. I got GA tickets for NJ and was hoping that if I decided the pit was too much for me, I could trade them at face value for seats. But now, if I did that, I'd have to get to the venue as early as the person who wanted to queue up, and that defeats the purpose. But overall I think it's a good idea, and if people really have a problem with it they can still go through Ticketbastard (which I have to do anyway for MSG).

It's just stupid that they won't add buyer's name to Will Call if you put down a friend's name to begin with. I bought tickets to Boston and put my friend's name down because she lives there and I don't, just in case I don't make it up there, she can have the tickets. But they were also unwilling to add credit card/buyer's name on the Will Call. This is just unfriendly to NON-Scalpers.

It's just stupid that they won't add buyer's name to Will Call if you put down a friend's name to begin with. I bought tickets to Boston and put my friend's name down because she lives there and I don't, just in case I don't make it up there, she can have the tickets. But they were also unwilling to add credit card/buyer's name on the Will Call. This is just unfriendly to NON-Scalpers.

Not really if they allowed name changed then scalpers can just buy tickets sell them on for inflated prices and then get the name change to the person they are selling too. No system is perfect but nominative ticket is the best system so far to avoid scalpers.

Not really if they allowed name changed then scalpers can just buy tickets sell them on for inflated prices and then get the name change to the person they are selling too. No system is perfect but nominative ticket is the best system so far to avoid scalpers.

Yes agreed that straight out name change doesn't weed out scalpers. But I wasn't looking to change the name, just to add original buyer's name. Huge difference IMO.

I'm quite sure there will be people at the venue the night of the show that would be willing to trade their seats for Pit tickets if you didn't want yours :)

:yesey: I prefer the will call system. Has some minor issues, but it's the best one to keep as many tickets in the hands of fans as possible.

I just made my purchase and just thought I'd share what it says after:

THANK YOU. YOUR ORDER IS COMPLETE! Please print a copy of this confirmation page and file it in a safe place. This confirmation is your receipt. You will receive an email confirmation for your records, as well. However, this page serves as your receipt if you do not receive your email confirmation in a timely manner.

Click here for a printer friendly receipt.

Thank you for your order.

Will-call orders will be held at the venue box office the day of the event. You must bring your confirmation e-mail receipt, picture ID, and the credit card used to purchase the tickets online. Without your picture ID and either the e-mail receipt or credit card used to purchase the tickets, you may be denied entry to the event and no refund will be issued. **THE PERSON WHOSE NAME APPEARS ON THE WILL-CALL LIST MUST CLAIM THE TICKETS AT THE VENUE. NO NAME CHANGES ARE ALLOWED.**.

If you chose UPS, it does NOT mean that your tickets will arrive two days after processing your order. Your tickets will be shipped out no later than two weeks prior to the event; however they could be shipped earlier. If you have not received your tickets within one week of the event date, please email tix@musictoday.com immediately and we will happily assist you. Orders shipped by UPS cannot be delivered to PO Box addresses. Entering a PO Box address may cause a delay in delivering your tickets and/or extra shipping charges. If any shipped orders are re-routed after they have been sent, there is an additional fee.

If an order is refused at the time of delivery and the tickets are returned to Musictoday, LLC, these tickets will be placed at will-call at the location of the event. Only the individual who placed the order may pick up the tickets. Please note other pickup and delivery instructions in the section below.

Internet Service Providers (ISP) have tightened their definitions of SPAM. As a result, your ISP might categorize an email confirmation from this site as potential spam and filter it into a "Bulk" folder or a predetermined "SPAM" folder you define. If you place an order and do not receive your email confirmation in your Inbox, please check in these areas before contacting customer support. Read our help page for more information about how to adjust your "SPAM" filters.

Please scroll to the bottom of this page to review your complete order information.

I can understand Will Call tickets for reserved, but for GA it's silly. Why would you get to the gig multiple hours early to get in front only to get out of the line to get your tickets? I know people can hold your place in line, but it's really not worth the hassle. I called Ticketmaster and they said they will have printable tickets available when you purchase them when they go on sale to the general public. That's what I'm doing.

I can understand Will Call tickets for reserved, but for GA it's silly. Why would you get to the gig multiple hours early to get in front only to get out of the line to get your tickets? I know people can hold your place in line, but it's really not worth the hassle. I called Ticketmaster and they said they will have printable tickets available when you purchase them when they go on sale to the general public. That's what I'm doing.

Will call was the only option available though. It made no sense. Not too sure how to switch now.

I was kind of wondering that too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_call

In the days before the telephone, the phrase "I will call on you" was commonly used to mean that someone will visit you, or speak to you. The phrase has since largely fallen into disuse, with the word "call" being much more commonly associated with the telephone than speaking to someone in person. The term "will call", however, has stuck, and means that the customer "will call on" the company to pick up the tickets or merchandise, as opposed to having the items delivered to them.

In a linguistic process similar to initial-stress derived nominalization, the first syllable of the noun phrase is usually stressed ("WILL call") rather than the second syllable in the verb phrase ("will CALL").

I was kind of wondering that too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_call

In the days before the telephone, the phrase "I will call on you" was commonly used to mean that someone will visit you, or speak to you. The phrase has since largely fallen into disuse, with the word "call" being much more commonly associated with the telephone than speaking to someone in person. The term "will call", however, has stuck, and means that the customer "will call on" the company to pick up the tickets or merchandise, as opposed to having the items delivered to them.

In a linguistic process similar to initial-stress derived nominalization, the first syllable of the noun phrase is usually stressed ("WILL call") rather than the second syllable in the verb phrase ("will CALL").

2HUV

• 2 months later...

Archived