2012.10.31 - BBC Radio Theatre, London, UK

chudenk

:mad: So not fair:mad: It can't possibly be a fan reselling such tickets, no way a fan would miss a chance to see them in such a small venue; so, was it just luck that they won in the first place? Or someone at the BBC is trying to get some pocket money at the expense of us fans:rolleyes:

but did you notice it was a tout site that was selling them, and not just a "normal" person.

touts get tickets in the same way the rest of us do - except they probably have an army of people who apply for them. would be risky selling the ticket if there was a chance that people can't get in - maybe there was nothing to say about ID checks.

AlecSp has been to lots of these thing. He would know if they check ID or not. I suspect normally not but with something this significant, it would make sense.

touts get tickets in the same way the rest of us do - except they probably have an army of people who apply for them. would be risky selling the ticket if there was a chance that people can't get in - maybe there was nothing to say about ID checks.

AlecSp has been to lots of these thing. He would know if they check ID or not. I suspect normally not but with something this significant, it would make sense.

Hopefully I will hear from "MUSE.MU" this week to say I have won a pair of tickets.....now who would like to go as my 2nd person if I should win ?

Not just a fortune in rail fare but accommodation as well :(

Luckily I have friends and family that can put me up for the night, but it will be such a rush back the day after, as I got ticket for the Manchester gig! Already a return ticket Leeds London is over £60, and it's going to be more expensive the longer I wait!:(

I just want people to start posting saying they've won so that my brain will stop waking me several times a night and making me check my email! :stunned:

I've won !

I've won !

I've won !

I've won !

Just joking, but I know what you mean. :LOL:

When are they going to send out the winning emails ?

i dont think the board have announced winners, its just been the BBC tickets that have been won..

and congrats to those going.. have a ghoulish time and share some photos and the experience to us non-attendees ;)

Aiming to get there early afternoon straight from work but unfortunately no cameras allowed in :(

Thankfully, the Beeb aren't as guilty as most about overbooking. I've never been sent away (yet!) when I've arrived at published doors time and the cut off usually happens much later - if at all. Talking to one of the door staff at an In Concert last year she said that they'd never had to turn people away, though I did hear of another event later where there were a few that didn't make it.

In the end, it's all hard to predict as it depends on things like how big the guest list is, how many guests turn up, how much regular punters are put off by the weather.

But I certainly think you'd be unlikely to need to arrive super early...

Thanks for the tip off, much appreciated. Aiming to get there early afternoon (which is still a long wait in any queue!! :LOL:) Might need my thermals by then ;)

Can't figure out how to quote other posts in the same post but I don't really understand someone paying for the BBC tickets when they are NOT guaranteed tickets. They are first come, first served so it would have to be someone prepared to lose out if they didn't arrive early enough to get in? :stunned:

I just figure there's no point in queuing really, right? Since they let everyone into a waiting room for like an hour before they let you into the show. That's what it was like for Nevermind the Buzzcocks anyways.

On the BBC ticket allocation page for this, it stated that being allocated a ticket is no guarantee of entry because they allocate more tickets than they have capacity, due to people applying, winning then not turning up. So it will be first come, first served for those who were allocated tickets by the BBC.

I'm assuming that winners of the .mu competition WOULD be guaranteed entry though.

On the BBC ticket allocation page for this, it stated that being allocated a ticket is no guarantee of entry because they allocate more tickets than they have capacity, due to people applying, winning then not turning up. So it will be first come, first served for those who were allocated tickets by the BBC.

I'm assuming that winners of the .mu competition WOULD be guaranteed entry though.

Yes, I know, but having been to a taping, usually if you're there before doors you're fine. They don't really overbook. And then once you're inside, there's no queue anymore and people just mingle about until everyone is let in, hence 5am queuing is really ridiculous. :LOL:

Archived