2012.10.31 - BBC Radio Theatre, London, UK

chudenk

These R2 In Concerts are peaches - especially in the cozy surroundings of the Radio Theatre with a total capacity of only 310 seated (or 425 standing if they remove the seats, which they don't do often). Seeing Quo there a year or so ago was quite surreal, I imagine Muse will be rather more so!

Sadly, tickets will be almost impossible to get and, like all these open draws, the gig will have many casual fans. Hopefully muse.mu will offer a handful in a competition. Just wish I wasn't on holiday that week!

And, just to whet your appetite, here's the view from the stage...

rt_01.jpg

And a view from the back (remember, this is the entire audience - plus a little bit more upstairs)...

Quo.jpg

Just applied. Not holding out much hope though.

That stage looks so small. The boys will be bouncing off the walls. :LOL: Well Matt at least.

Looking forward to the broadcast.

EDIT: The second picture in which the stage looks really small didn't copy for some reason, but is on the previous page of the thread.

These R2 In Concerts are peaches - especially in the cozy surroundings of the Radio Theatre with a total capacity of only 310 seated (or 425 standing if they remove the seats, which they don't do often). Seeing Quo there a year or so ago was quite surreal, I imagine Muse will be rather more so!

Sadly, tickets will be almost impossible to get and, like all these open draws, the gig will have many casual fans. Hopefully muse.mu will offer a handful in a competition. Just wish I wasn't on holiday that week!

And, just to whet your appetite, here's the view from the stage...

rt_01.jpg

And a view from the back (remember, this is the entire audience - plus a little bit more upstairs)...

Quo.jpg

Well if that's true about 425 standing, then that doesn't leave much for .mu to give away. Seeing as R2 are giving away 200 pairs of tickets, 25 tickets left and I'm pretty sure there will be friends of the band/press who get given tickets. So it'll be 1 pair by my reckoning:LOL:

That stage looks so small. The boys will be bouncing off the walls. :LOL: Well Matt at least.

Yup it's not much bigger than many village halls, gigs there are surreal. And the same venue that you can go and see recordings of Brain Of Britain, Just a Minute, The Now Show, The News Quiz, The Infinite Monkey Cage, and many many more - think of the heritage!

Only at the BBC...

Yup it's not much bigger than many village halls, gigs there are surreal. And the same venue that you can go and see recordings of Brain Of Britain, Just a Minute, The Now Show, The News Quiz, The Infinite Monkey Cage, and many many more - think of the heritage!

Only at the BBC...

Do you work there? or have you just been a lot? :)

Do you work there? or have you just been a lot? :)

I don't work there, but have been a bit...

The In Concert gigs are hard to get tickets to, but *very* special when they come.

Some of the other shows, particularly the radio sitcoms are pretty much a case of "apply for tickets and wait for the email that tells you you're going".

That said, if you're a teen/twenties hardcore Muse fan, a lot of the Beeb shows may not appeal. If you're a mid 40s old git like me with hugely eclectic tastes, then free Beeb shows are a bargain! A few years back I worked out that we'd used 50 free tickets that year - makes the license fee look rather good value...

Whoever's lucky enough to go to this will have a surreal night that will make the iTunes Roundhouse gig look big!

I don't work there, but have been a bit...

The In Concert gigs are hard to get tickets to, but *very* special when they come.

Some of the other shows, particularly the radio sitcoms are pretty much a case of "apply for tickets and wait for the email that tells you you're going".

That said, if you're a teen/twenties hardcore Muse fan, a lot of the Beeb shows may not appeal. If you're a mid 40s old git like me with hugely eclectic tastes, then free Beeb shows are a bargain! A few years back I worked out that we'd used 50 free tickets that year - makes the license fee look rather good value...

Whoever's lucky enough to go to this will have a surreal night that will make the iTunes Roundhouse gig look big!

sounds awesome. i am like you but don't get out much, except for Muse gigs ;)

Has anybody received an e-mail yet....I need to apply for leave from work, book my rail ticket and hotel, as each day passes the dearer it gets.

Failed to get Roundhouse tickets, so fingers crossed I will get these.

I only applied for 1 hoping that I may get picked out that route, as somebody I know has managed to get a few tickets in the past just by applying for a single ticket. ;)

Used to watch them in even smaller venues many moons ago in Devon :D

I emailed the BBC to ask if successful applicants have been contacted yet. Just received this reply.

Hi Pip

I believe successful applicants are being informed yesterday/today … so if you haven’t heard by close of play tomorrow, then I would assume you haven’t been successful.

Best Wishes,

Bequi

I emailed the BBC to ask if successful applicants have been contacted yet. Just received this reply.

Hi Pip

I believe successful applicants are being informed yesterday/today … so if you haven’t heard by close of play tomorrow, then I would assume you haven’t been successful.

Best Wishes,

Bequi

oh poopy scoops

This gig is going to be so bloody awesome

Friend of mine won tickets yesterday (Tue) at 14:45 - just slightly excited!

Realistically, to everyone else, don't hold out too many hopes - the best BBC tickets come round only very rarely. But, ultimately, it's the luck of the draw.

Hopefully, as with R2's Coldplay concert last year, they'll show it on the web and/or red button as well as broadcast on the radio.

Nah, they'll make a news post two days before the gig. Probably.

Can't see how they can have any tickets considering 200 pairs have been given away by Radio2 and the venue only holds 425. Not that I'd win anyway!

My friend won, so looks like I'm going :awesome: Just booked my bus... gonna be a crappy turnaround from there to Manchester, but hopefully very worth it! :D

Nice one Haley :D You're so lucky with your plus ones, this and Biffy! If I'd won it would have been difficult to get from Birmingham to London and back to Manchester, I'm sure I would have managed it though!

Nice one Haley :D You're so lucky with your plus ones, this and Biffy! If I'd won it would have been difficult to get from Birmingham to London and back to Manchester, I'm sure I would have managed it though!

I know right? Yet I haven't actually won anything myself. Not going to look a gift horse in the mouth though, eh? My friend is doing Brum actually (I'm not, so I'll just take an overnight bus from Glasgow on the 30th). Gonna be tough... think she's gonna take a 6am bus from there on the 31st, then we've booked a 1am bus to Manchester for the 1st that'll get in at about 6:30am. Best we can do, but boy, two overnight buses in a row is going to kick my butt. And on the 2nd I'm flying from Manc to Stockholm too, I think. I'm feeling nearly as crazy as Catherine. ;)

Archived