VIP tickets

InvincibleBliss

I know a couple of friends who got screwed for $600 per ticket for a VIP package when Queen toured with Paul Rodgers. They got a ton of merchandise shit, but didn't get to meet Brian May, Roger Taylor or Paul Rodgers. They actually met some of the touring band members, though. :p

I guess we'll have to ask those who paid for VIP package if there was any meet and greet. As someone mentioned here, it's never guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Muse Saturday and the show was amazing even though I was not really muse fan before I went. The only reason I went is because my friend's family offered to sell me a ticket at face value because their daughter wanted to go camping with her friends. I never seen Muse and they said the seats were good so I thought about it for a day and I decided to drop $250 for a band I never really considered watching live. But wow, I'm amazed a high school girl would ditch a Muse concert to go camping with her friends. And this was VIP, not nose bleed seats. I understand hanging with friends is cooler and hanging with the family blows, but a VIP Muse concert is worth the lameness of hanging with your family.

Before I went, I really was not a huge fan of Muse. But after seeing them live, I could agree how amazing they are and you don't even have to be a serious fan. I knew I liked a few songs they had and that was good enough for me.

And for $250, the tickets seemed like a great value and you get alot of bang for your buck. You get free quality merch (tote bag, LE poster, & water bottle) which i think could easily been $50-55 total just for stuff that said Muse on it. And you get free buffet which saves money on dinner or overpriced food court meals. Plus food is in a lounge where you can relax away from the crowds before the show.

The whole VIP experience beats music festivals any day so if you are going to Coachella mainly to see Muse, VIP is a much better deal and experience. And they tour so you don't have to waste money on plane tickets to see them.

The "VIP" seating tickets are completely separate from anything on the floor. You get almost no "bang for your buck" with Muse VIP tickets. No guaranteed "meet & greet", and no "preferential" positioning on the floor. Just snacks, a cash bar, and first choice merchandise. THE biggest thing you get is early access to the venue, which only helps if you buy a GA floor ticket in addition to a VIP ticket. Granted, there's STILL no guarantee of anything. That being said, I have bought both a VIP AND a GA floor ticket for IZOD, New Jersey. The idea is to have early access to the venue at the time the doors open, and to hopefully get a position the barrier. But who knows if it's going to work or not! I will post on the board what happened after the show and let people know. (April 19th). Could be the biggest waste of money on earth for all I know! :LOL: This is very likely the only Muse show I will ever attend. Quality over quantity, I say. :D This is why credit cards exist! :LOL:

Well, why does a meet and greet really matter? They're not excited to meet you and the whole processed will be very rushed with many other fans competing for their attention. And I'm sure you'd have to pay more than $250 to do a meet and greet with a high profile band like Muse. If Muse really wanted to meet their fans, they could just come outside the arena and meet everyone including those who bought the cheapest GA tickets.

I think at least compared to a music festival that can easily charge $400, VIP at Muse is a way better value and much less stressful. And you are guaranteed a good view since it's lower level.

I think at least compared to a music festival that can easily charge $400, VIP at Muse is a way better value and much less stressful. And you are guaranteed a good view since it's lower level.

Not really when that $400 festival ticket gets you 100s of different bands, tons of variety and experiences, and an entire three day weekend of entertainment, vs $250 for one single band for a couple hours.

Well, why does a meet and greet really matter? They're not excited to meet you and the whole processed will be very rushed with many other fans competing for their attention. And I'm sure you'd have to pay more than $250 to do a meet and greet with a high profile band like Muse. If Muse really wanted to meet their fans, they could just come outside the arena and meet everyone including those who bought the cheapest GA tickets.

Linkin Park does free meet and greets if your a LPU member. They also do LPU summits where the members can go to the gig early, get a back stage tour, meet the band and the band performs some acoustic songs. Linkin park is one of the best bands when it comes to fan interaction.

• 1 month later...

For people who have had VIP seats...

1: When in the party do they serve food?

2. Is the food good?

3. How much allotment of food does everyone get?

4. Was your VIP party in the venue? Could you walk to your seats when the party is over?

5. Were the drink prices out of hand at the bar?

6. Were there free non-alcoholic drinks?

7. Did the VIP treatment end once you went to your seats?

8. Any other goodies not mentioned in the package?

I still haven't seen anything on if VIP ended up being worth it to anyone. I have VIP seats to MSG and I just go the hard tickets in the mail. The tickets are nothing special, in fact I know people that didn't get VIP seats, yet have better seated tickets than me for paying only $65 a pop. So basically, I am paying almost $200 additional for a tote bag, a water bottle, a poster, and food.

I am bringing my family with me and we are trying to plan our day in NYC. This includes where we eat before the show. Obviously we aren't going to go and eat somewhere before if we expect the food in the VIP party to be more than "appetizers".

Has anyone on this forum been satisfied with the VIP package? I am starting to regret the purchase, as they won't even tell us when or where the party is. The only thing I have heard is that the party runs through the set of the opening act, which is ridiculous.

It's definitely inside the venue and you get a separate entrance sometimes. In San Diego, the VIP lounge was right next to the section I was seated in. They were just checking passes, so it seems like you can go back and forth to your seats if necessary.

Ohhh thank you! A little bit more relieved now. How was the food, and did they serve it early enough so that you didn't have to miss the opening act? Now I am just going to bombard you with questions haha.

Ohhh thank you! A little bit more relieved now. How was the food, and did they serve it early enough so that you didn't have to miss the opening act? Now I am just going to bombard you with questions haha.

I didn't have the passes for that area, just happened to be seated in the same section, so I dunno about the food and stuff. Sorry! :(

• 2 years later...
Has anyone ever gotten VIP tickets to either a Muse concert or even any other concert in general? I'm really curious as to whether it's worth it or not (if I don't buy VIP, I'll stick with seats, i.e. not GA).

Here's what they offer for Muse at $219:

• Premium reserved ticket in first 10 rows of the lower bowl of the arena
  • Access to the official Muse pre-show party! Immerse yourself in a Muse pre-show party experience with other Muse fans. Enjoy complimentary food and a cash bar at this private event.
  • Limited edition Muse poster designed specifically for 'The 2nd Law' VIP guests
  • Muse water bottle
  • Reusable Muse tote bag
  • Private merchandise shopping at the pre-party
  • On-site event host

Ive been wondering the same thing.. and whats the difference between GA and seats? is GA standing room only? Also to the poster about everyone meeting up at a bar we should definitely do that... anyone going to the Portland show we should all meet up =)

Ive been wondering the same thing.. and whats the difference between GA and seats? is GA standing room only? Also to the poster about everyone meeting up at a bar we should definitely do that... anyone going to the Portland show we should all meet up =)

GA is standing, seats are...seats.

For VIP on this tour, from what I remember, you get:

Early entrance for GA (:indiff:)

Bar access (food is free but not great, have to pay for drinks)

Watch footage of old gigs

Look at 'memorabilia'

*cough*notworthit*cough*

GA is standing, seats are...seats.

For VIP on this tour, from what I remember, you get:

Early entrance for GA (:indiff:)

Bar access (food is free but not great, have to pay for drinks)

Watch footage of old gigs

Look at 'memorabilia'

*cough*notworthit*cough*

That's what I figured... I got seats.. have you ever done the GA thing and do you recommend it?

I wanted to do the VIP thing too but I'm not that upset that I didn't.. I live in Boise and I'm going to the show in Portland.. I'd rather go out and eat some good food in Portland and I can see footage of old gigs all I want on youtube

That's what I figured... I got seats.. have you ever done the GA thing and do you recommend it?

I wanted to do the VIP thing too but I'm not that upset that I didn't.. I live in Boise and I'm going to the show in Portland.. I'd rather go out and eat some good food in Portland and I can see footage of old gigs all I want on youtube

Do you mean have I ever done standing? Yeah, plenty of times, it's kinda the standard thing. I'd say it's the best way to experience a concert but obviously seated is better for some people in certain cases.

If you mean VIP, no I've never done that. Wouldn't even consider it tbh.

Do you mean have I ever done standing? Yeah, plenty of times, it's kinda the standard thing. I'd say it's the best way to experience a concert but obviously seated is better for some people in certain cases.

If you mean VIP, no I've never done that. Wouldn't even consider it tbh.

guess I should have been more specific.. but yeah I was talking about the GA thing.. I read the post about GA and people were talking about like "having strokes" and "make sure you're hydrated" haha I guess I got a little freaked out.

That's more for the festivals, I think, when you are standing in the sun for hours.

If you don't want to stand in the first few rows, GA really isn't that stressy, in my opinion. And even if - you can always sit on the floor for a bit once you're in. :)

That's more for the festivals, I think, when you are standing in the sun for hours.

If you don't want to stand in the first few rows, GA really isn't that stressy, in my opinion. And even if - you can always sit on the floor for a bit once you're in. :)

Oh awesome thank you! Ill try and sell my seats and get GA instead I really do wanna do the whole experience since this is my first muse concert:D

The thing is, no one knows yet if standing or seats are better for this tour - maybe wait until the first few gigs in November, and read what people say about the different options. :)

Well, standing's almost always better for the atmosphere (and sound imo, things can sound a bit tinny when you're high up/far away). The seated vs standing debate for the 360 tour is mainly about the unpredictable view from what I've gathered.

That's what I meant, really. I do prefer standing, but if I don't see anything... well, what's the point in being there (considering the high prices, too)? 4 out of my 5 tickets are standing, but I might swap one more for a seat. We'll see.

See and that's what I am thinking too because this is a 360 performance I wanna be able to see.. im assuming they will have to play for all sides of the round.. I'm going to try and sell my seats and get GA.. I'm going to the Portland show in December so it doesn't give me much time to switch out my tickets if I wait to read the Mexico reviews.

Archived