2013.03.10 - BOK Center, Tulsa, OK, US

Furygirl

Don't worry, I am sure they will add Texas dates. Portland, OR isn't on the list yet and they always stop there. I wish they were playing in OKC, for selfish reasons because it is closer :)

Tulsa will be nice though. I may make my husband turn it into a mini break, go Friday and visit the aquarium.

I've never been to the BOK center before, just driven past. What is the venue like? My husband is always complaining that he is too old for GA and insists on a seat (he's only 41!) where I prefer GA to be up front :) I'm trying to decide if I should leave him on his own or not...and if I should take a whole passel of teenagers like I did last time :)

I guess I can make the trip to Tulsa, since I did it when they came to OKC. Still, bypassing Texas? Sad day.

I'm pretty certain Texas dates will be announced very soon, maybe even tomorrow (most tour announcements come on Mondays or Tuesdays anyway)

I'm like 99% certain they are playing Texas, can't just be a coincidence that this Oklahoma date falls right by SXSW. I'm thinking they do Houston, Dallas, and SXSW again just like in 2010 (then maybe ACL in October)

• 2 months later...
I will also be going to Tulsa. Staying there for the weekend with 2 friends. Anyone know of things around the venue to do the night before?

There is a really cool bowling alley called the Dust Bowl in the Blue Dome district that would be worth checking out. Only 6-8 lanes and you keep your own score.

Downtown district map guide (with restaurant coded by district)- Link

Urban spoon downtown restaurant list - Link

Downtown Trolley that runs Saturday night - Link - This will link the Brady, Blue Dome and Deco Districts together so you don't have to walk so far between places.

My favorites in each area are :

Brady district - north of the arena

The Tavern - Restaurant & Bar - Great food, on the high side $$ wise, but worth it.

Hey Mambo - Wood fire pizza & wine bar

The Rusty Crane - Restaurant

Valkyrie - Bar - Good cocktails

Club Majestic - Dance club. Never been, but that may be someones flavor

Blue Dome District- 5-10 minute walk east of the arena

James E. McNellies Public House - Best pub in town - lots of beers on tap

Joe Mammas Pizza - Wood fire pizza & bar

Back Alley Blues BBQ - BBQ

Juniper - Restaurant. Great food and uses local ingredients

Fassler Hall - German bar. Good brats and beer selection

Yokozuna - Asian and Sushi. Hit or miss, good when it is hitting

Deco district

Elote Mexican Cafe - Good local Mexican fusion using local ingredients

Mods Coffee and crepes - Right across from Elote - good Gellato. Not sure that will be appealing in March, but you never know in Oklahoma

Billy's on the Square - Lunch only. Great burgers

Greenwood district

Fat Guys Burgers - Right next to OneOK Field. Great greasy burgers. The peanut butter and bacon is the best. :LOL:

If you venture outside of downtown, there is the:

Cherry Street District (15th street between Lewis and Peoria)

Brookside (Peoria between 21st and 41st)

Both of those areas have a a lot of good restaurants and bars.

Let me know if there is anything else that piques your interest and I'll check back here periodically to pimp my city :D

I didn't know there was a trolley, that's cool. What's a good motel/hotel near the venue or public transit?

http://hotelguides.com/oklahoma/bok-center-ok-hotels.html

Most of them are kinda pricey, but there are a few good ones around there. When I saw Circa Survive in Tulsa last year, I found a hotel right outside downtown that was decently priced. It wasn't right next to the venue, but it wasn't a long trek at all.

*Sidenote: Anywhere in downtown Tulsa is going to be ridiculously pricey, so Id recommend going to Priceline and doing that Name Your Own Price deal. I did it in Austin and I got a 4 star hotel room for 90 bucks, instead of paying 150 a night. The only downside is that you don't pick the hotel, it randomly picks it for you. It doesn't hurt to try.

• 1 month later...

Tulsa is a small city ...only 'bout 400K population. wonder how strong of a set we will get??? There is some buzz on the message board that MUSE has played shorter set lists at some of the smaller venues. Hope that is not the case cause I am driving from Dallas to see this show since I will be out of town on 3/13 when MUSE plays AA Center in Dallas.

Tulsa is a small city ...only 'bout 400K population. wonder how strong of a set we will get??? There is some buzz on the message board that MUSE has played shorter set lists at some of the smaller venues. Hope that is not the case cause I am driving from Dallas to see this show since I will be out of town on 3/13 when MUSE plays AA Center in Dallas.

I hope they don't play a shortened set. It is rather strange, though, that they chose to play in Tulsa rather than OKC.

There is a really cool bowling alley called the Dust Bowl in the Blue Dome district that would be worth checking out. Only 6-8 lanes and you keep your own score.

Downtown district map guide (with restaurant coded by district)- Link

Urban spoon downtown restaurant list - Link

Downtown Trolley that runs Saturday night - Link - This will link the Brady, Blue Dome and Deco Districts together so you don't have to walk so far between places.

My favorites in each area are :

Brady district - north of the arena

The Tavern - Restaurant & Bar - Great food, on the high side $$ wise, but worth it.

Hey Mambo - Wood fire pizza & wine bar

The Rusty Crane - Restaurant

Valkyrie - Bar - Good cocktails

Club Majestic - Dance club. Never been, but that may be someones flavor

Blue Dome District- 5-10 minute walk east of the arena

James E. McNellies Public House - Best pub in town - lots of beers on tap

Joe Mammas Pizza - Wood fire pizza & bar

Back Alley Blues BBQ - BBQ

Juniper - Restaurant. Great food and uses local ingredients

Fassler Hall - German bar. Good brats and beer selection

Yokozuna - Asian and Sushi. Hit or miss, good when it is hitting

Deco district

Elote Mexican Cafe - Good local Mexican fusion using local ingredients

Mods Coffee and crepes - Right across from Elote - good Gellato. Not sure that will be appealing in March, but you never know in Oklahoma

Billy's on the Square - Lunch only. Great burgers

Greenwood district

Fat Guys Burgers - Right next to OneOK Field. Great greasy burgers. The peanut butter and bacon is the best. :LOL:

If you venture outside of downtown, there is the:

Cherry Street District (15th street between Lewis and Peoria)

Brookside (Peoria between 21st and 41st)

Both of those areas have a a lot of good restaurants and bars.

Let me know if there is anything else that piques your interest and I'll check back here periodically to pimp my city :D

Wow thanks! I will probably be going out saturday night then have to pick up a friend at the airport then lunch and probably get in line.

What time are you guys going? It'd be cool to have people to talk to.

Also, could someone help me with parking? Is there anywhere parking around the venue that's cheap?

Driving from houston if anyone is wondering. Maybe I'll see some of you on the road :)

Give a shout out if you are going to this show at BOK! Anyone coming from OKC or Dallas...or surrounding cities for that matter???

I'll be there. Rolling up from the Ada area sometime on Sunday. I'll be the 40-something year old guy by himself that stands about 6-03 down in GA. :LOL::D

Archived