2013.03.07 - Target Center, Minneapolis, MN, US

Furygirl

So if you go on Ticketmaster and try to buy floor/GA tickets, and it gives you an error message, does that mean they sold out? That's pretty exciting!

Yup im pretty sure, you can always get an idea of how full a gig is by trying to buy seats on ticketmaster and see how good or bad they are.

• 3 weeks later...
got in touch with Target Security last week. They will let us queue inside at some point, maybe not as early as we show up! ;) I was also told they will open up two doors again so we'll need to be ready for that.

Do you know how early you can go in for will call? Also, is anyone driving a long ways for this gig? I'm driving about 6 1/2 hours, crossing the border in North Dakota.

I don't have a problem going to concerts alone - when you're on the floor, who notices? :LOL:

I won't be able to line up, since I have to work in the morning, so I hope I can still see - I'm not even that short, but there's always a row of 9' guys in front of me.

Hoping the Will Call/paperless things goes smoothly, since I can't be there too early!

And yeah, the floor is sold out.

Do you guys think this gig will have higher attendance than the last time it rolled through?

I think so. I let someone else buy tickets this time around, and she waited until recently to purchase them. According to her, the only good tickets left were on the far side of the arena, just below the nose bleeds. So, I guess I'll be hearing muse more than seeing them this time around. :LOL:

Plus, spring break is coming up around the same time as the concert, and it lands on a Thursday night, which is close enough to the weekend to bring in a party crowd.

Now, if only the weather stays cooperative...;)

I think so. I let someone else buy tickets this time around, and she waited until recently to purchase them. According to her, the only good tickets left were on the far side of the arena, just below the nose bleeds. So, I guess I'll be hearing muse more than seeing them this time around. :LOL:

Plus, spring break is coming up around the same time as the concert, and it lands on a Thursday night, which is close enough to the weekend to bring in a party crowd.

Now, if only the weather stays cooperative...;)

Wicked, well i gotta drive 400 miles so i really hope the weather is nice.

Glad the Minneapolis show is Thursday night. The weather forecast is for 6-10 inches of snow on Monday and Tuesday.

Muse played at least six songs from Showbiz at their first arena show in the States at the Target Center on March 24, 2000 as support for RHCP and Foo Fighers. Below is the review of the show at the Mullins Center in Amherst, MA nine days later. Hope we get at least one song from Showbiz and OoS on Thursday.

http://tech.mit.edu/V120/N18/Chili_Peppers.18a.html

All three bands featured on this mini-tour in March/April 2000 have since gone on to win GRAMMY awards for Best Rock Album, have had multiple GRAMMY nominations for Best Rock Song, and four of their songs (Madness, Uprising, The Pretender and Scar Tissue) have spent the most weeks at #1 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart.

I'm excited for this! Unfortunately, I'm only going to be able to line up around 4-430pm because I have to work. In 2010 I don't think it got busy until around that time, so hopefully I can still be in the front.

As for the setlist, I'm not gonna hold my breath. I just hope they drop Explorers because I've literally only listened to that song a couple of times, I can't even recall what it sounds like in my head.

As long as they make it here... :shifty:

Does anyone know what time Will Call opens at the venue? I'm wondering if I'd be better off stopping by and picking up the tickets during a break from work.

Hearing the band's been going on stage rather early.

just heard today they will release the will call when the lobby opens at ten. My main concern now is just getting home from Chicago!

I'm not getting my hopes up, but they haven't rotated Bliss back in for quite a few shows now. You never know, I guess.

We did get a bit of an odd set order last time around, but I'm thinking it will be fairly normal this time.

I'm still nervous about this whole Will Call thing - looking like the boyfriend can't get off work at the last minute, and we'll be arriving at like 5pm.

I called Target Center a week or so ago about the paperless tickets. The lady told me to simply have my credit card and ID at the gates and that's it. Hopefully the employees there are aware of this and won't give us any trouble!

Just fyi for everyone, paperless and will call are not the same thing, and we had a terrible time explaining that to the United Center staff in Chicago.

Target Center staff is pretty good, been emailing 2 of them, my only worry is the 2 sets of doors.

Just fyi for everyone, paperless and will call are not the same thing, and we had a terrible time explaining that to the United Center staff in Chicago.

Target Center staff is pretty good, been emailing 2 of them, my only worry is the 2 sets of doors.

What sorts of issues?

I won't be queuing up... boyfriend has to work, then we're meeting someone.

Might be getting there on a pretty tight schedule, and hearing Muse goes on early.

hey guys, going to my first Muse show tonight, pretty pumped it's gonna be awesome. Anyways, I have a quick question. Show starts at 7, doors open an hour before. Any idea when Muse takes the stage? Most bands I'd guess would be about an hour after the opener starts, would this be accurate? Thanks for any help!

hey guys, going to my first Muse show tonight, pretty pumped it's gonna be awesome. Anyways, I have a quick question. Show starts at 7, doors open an hour before. Any idea when Muse takes the stage? Most bands I'd guess would be about an hour after the opener starts, would this be accurate? Thanks for any help!

I think I've been reading around 830?

EDIT: Maybe 9? If the doors open at 7, assuming opening band at 8? So maybe 9 sounds right.

Archived