2013.01.23 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, US

Furygirl

So this is my first concert ever and I was just wondering what should I expect my experience to be. I'm going solo tonight but tomorrow I'll be going again with friends into the GA section. Tonight however I got a seat in Section 101. So yea I'm just wondering how concerts in Staples Center are like if anyone who's attended before could give some insight that'd be much appreciated.

Since you're in seats, you'll have a nice, pressure free experience. The staff at Staples are the best I have ever encountered at any venue, and I've been to many! Anyways, some people in seats stand, some don't. It all depends on the people around you.

Since you're in seats, you'll have a nice, pressure free experience. The staff at Staples are the best I have ever encountered at any venue, and I've been to many! Anyways, some people in seats stand, some don't. It all depends on the people around you.

I hope the people in front of remain seated throughout the show :D

I hope the people in front of remain seated throughout the show :D

Haha, agreed. I hope the first 3 rows in my section sit and the rest all stand, since I'm in the 4th row. Although I don't worry too much unless someone super tall is in front of me, I'm 5'7.

How are you queuing Musers doing today? Tomorrow I'll join you, but today I'm working and then flying over. :p

So this is my first concert ever and I was just wondering what should I expect my experience to be. I'm going solo tonight but tomorrow I'll be going again with friends into the GA section. Tonight however I got a seat in Section 101. So yea I'm just wondering how concerts in Staples Center are like if anyone who's attended before could give some insight that'd be much appreciated.

Your going to have an amazing time to tonight! If your over 21, and u get to Staples a bit early before the show, head over to the Yardhouse to mingle with fellow Musers!

I can't wait to get off work at 3 and head down there

If not, you'll have 5 minutes to rest during Explorers and another 4 during Iso

Ha. A friend at work told me last week that Explorers is her favorite song from T2L. She's a casual fan, so I don't hold it against her. ;) Seriously though, I don't mind one or two slow songs during a set, but when they're back to back, it can get a bit boring. I usually use the time to go through the photos on my camera. :LOL:

Haha, agreed. I hope the first 3 rows in my section sit and the rest all stand, since I'm in the 4th row. Although I don't worry too much unless someone super tall is in front of me, I'm 5'7.p

I'm short and in the 2nd row tonight, so I pray for equally short people. I have first row in the second level tomorrow, so I'm not worried about that.

If you were in the mosh pit, you were a horrible disappointment. Most of you were just standing around like you had brain damage. A lot of us up on the stands were doing more moshing.

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/01/23/muse-interview/

Howard said that “Matt and Chris are running around more in the crowd.” Having the crowd feel a part of the performance is something that Muse feel strongly about. They’ve created a Muse 360 app that allows fans to watch a Muse’s concert at Reading Festival from different angles and have made efforts to deter scalpers from selling tickets to their “boring” rich people.

“I hate [scalping] because you end up with an audience of people that spent all this money, crazy money and end up with basically a boring crowd,” said Bellamy. “People with more money tend to not rock out as hard. I’m not sure why that is.”

If you were in the mosh pit, you were a horrible disappointment. Most of you were just standing around like you had brain damage. A lot of us up on the stands were doing more moshing.

Yeah, some people behind us were complaining that we were jumping and dancing...and we were on barrier! :wtf::noey:

Yeah that's a typical LA crowd though! If you've been to many shows in LA, that's just the vibe of Los Angeles. Very laid back, show up late to the show and enjoy a rock show. I do have to say, Europe has the best crowds at rock shows hands down.

Also one thing that bugs the hell outta me is when these idiots r screaming at the top of their lungs, trying to sing every word of every song (most of the time they don't even know the words), they sound like pigs squealing at a farm!

as you can see in my sig, i've pretty much only seen muse in southern california with the exception of their show in vegas, which was spectacular. the crowd there had clearly come from far and wide to see the mighty muse... LA fans are just tfc to do anything even remotely interesting. my buddy and i had a good time jumping around and singing though.

Archived