2013.01.23 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, US

Furygirl

Can we sell and/or trade tickets?

....I think I made a mistake, lol.

did you get paperless tickets? if you did, yes but only through ticketmaster's Ticket Exchange thingy. if you got will call tickets through the Muse presale, then no. :(

btw i just noticed your username. are you from the 626 area???? :ohmy:

I hope everyone had good luck on scoring tickets! It has been a crazy week full of presales.

I got myself an early Birthday gift since January is the same month of my 27th birthday and the concert! I'll be going to this show, the 23rd... the opening show in LA! I actually had tickets for their last tour but sold them last minute (facevalue of course!).

Where is everyone sitting or standing? haha. I'll be in Sec 103, row 7. I scored this seat through the Members presage on Tuesday. Anyone sitting in the lower bowl will have a great view. I've been to Staples for many concerts, (Van Halen being the LOUDEST one) and they installed new JBL speaker system about a year ago and it sounds great!

I hope everyone had good luck on scoring tickets! It has been a crazy week full of presales.

I got myself an early Birthday gift since January is the same month of my 27th birthday and the concert! I'll be going to this show, the 23rd... the opening show in LA! I actually had tickets for their last tour but sold them last minute (facevalue of course!).

Where is everyone sitting or standing? haha. I'll be in Sec 103, row 7. I scored this seat through the Members presage on Tuesday. Anyone sitting in the lower bowl will have a great view. I've been to Staples for many concerts, (Van Halen being the LOUDEST one) and they installed new JBL speaker system about a year ago and it sounds great!

Cool, we'll be neighbors then. I'll be in Section 102, row 4 for the first night, then GA the second. :D And high five to a fellow January 1986 baby. :awesome:

did you get paperless tickets? if you did, yes but only through ticketmaster's Ticket Exchange thingy. if you got will call tickets through the Muse presale, then no. :(

btw i just noticed your username. are you from the 626 area???? :ohmy:

Oh then what does the "will call" tickets mean then? I got it from the Muse pre-sale. I feel like such a noob asking these questions :rolleyes:

You're not the first person to ask me that surprisingly. It's from my birthday. :)

Oh then what does the "will call" tickets mean then? I got it from the Muse pre-sale. I feel like such a noob asking these questions :rolleyes:

Aww! :LOL:

Check your receipt from the transaction. It should say at the bottom. It might depend on the type of ticket you purchased. I know some presale seats had delivery options, but most GA was will call only. The bottom of mine says this:

"Tickets will be held for you at the venue box office the day of the event. You must bring your confirmation e-mail receipt, government picture ID, and credit card used to purchase the tickets online. Without your picture ID and either the e-mail receipt or credit card used to purchase the tickets, you may be denied entry to the event and no refund will be issued. **THE PERSON WHOSE NAME APPEARS ON THE WILL-CALL LIST MUST CLAIM THE TICKETS AT THE VENUE. NO NAME CHANGES ARE ALLOWED.**"

Aww! :LOL:

Check your receipt from the transaction. It should say at the bottom. It might depend on the type of ticket you purchased. I know some presale seats had delivery options, but most GA was will call only. The bottom of mine says this:

"Tickets will be held for you at the venue box office the day of the event. You must bring your confirmation e-mail receipt, government picture ID, and credit card used to purchase the tickets online. Without your picture ID and either the e-mail receipt or credit card used to purchase the tickets, you may be denied entry to the event and no refund will be issued. **THE PERSON WHOSE NAME APPEARS ON THE WILL-CALL LIST MUST CLAIM THE TICKETS AT THE VENUE. NO NAME CHANGES ARE ALLOWED.**"

Haha, ok then. Thanks for the help Jessica. :)

I hope nobody has tried to use any other sort of ticketing venue other than ticketmaster. :'( If they did they got scammed. I read some of the comments on the main concert page, so hopefully people who read this forum are smarter!

I'm pretty sure there's absolutely no way that someone can buy someone elses ticket, unless it was via ticketmaster, without the person who originally bought the ticket showing up.

I'm actually curious as to what these people who are selling their tickets are sending people. The receipt?

I hope nobody has tried to use any other sort of ticketing venue other than ticketmaster. :'( If they did they got scammed. I read some of the comments on the main concert page, so hopefully people who read this forum are smarter!

I'm pretty sure there's absolutely no way that someone can buy someone elses ticket, unless it was via ticketmaster, without the person who originally bought the ticket showing up.

I'm actually curious as to what these people who are selling their tickets are sending people. The receipt?

I doubt the reseller really cares. They just want money. Yeah, with this paperless ticket stuff you have to make sure the buyer is going to meet up at the venue, etc. As the buyer, make sure to have everything covered and investigate stuff before buying.

To be fair, it really depends on where the ticket is located. The paperless option is only for GA and the premium lower level seats. I'm just not that sure which sections are paperless other than the entire 300 level. So yeah, be careful when buying from resellers other than the Ticketmaster ticket exchange.

• 2 months later...

Ok guys I have a dilemma. You guys think that If I get a ticket for a reserved section in the lower level parts like let's say 107 or something. Can I go to other parts of the lower level section? Because I'm going to be all alone and my friend got a ticket all the way in Section 113 I think. I want to be with her. :(

Reference, just in case.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2C00493D05A8606B?tm_link=edp_onsale

No, you have to sit where your ticket says, and there are usually staff at the entry of each section who check your ticket to make sure you're going into the right section, so you probably can't even just hang out in their section. But you're free to meet up with your friend in the hallways and hang out there as much as you want before the show, and Staples has a few lounge areas to sit down and hang out too.

Ok guys I have a dilemma. You guys think that If I get a ticket for a reserved section in the lower level parts like let's say 107 or something. Can I go to other parts of the lower level section? Because I'm going to be all alone and my friend got a ticket all the way in Section 113 I think. I want to be with her. :(

Reference, just in case.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2C00493D05A8606B?tm_link=edp_onsale

Depends if the staff person is checking tickets, sometimes they won't mind. But somehow my friends were able to sneak into the floor and no one checked their tickets.

Archived