2013.01.23 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, US

Furygirl

For now, stay positive. There's no game the next day and a suspicious gap between LA and Oakland, so everything is in our favor (especially considering how fast these tickets sold). :) Plus you can still try for tickets during the radio presale or the Ticketmaster general sale, it's not over yet. :happy:

*crossing fingers for 2nd night*

Yeah, I won't have enough money to try to for tickets until the general sale on Saturday. I'm just wondering if it's worth the rush to get the money soon if they'll just announce a second date later. I'll just hope they announce a second date by Friday! :LOL:

I need some advice please- I am coming over from UK taking my friend who has never been to a Muse gig or Staples Centre-

where do we collect the will call tickets?

What's the parking situation? Is there one at the Centre?

Do we need to get there very early to find a parking space?

Does it take hours to come out of the parking lot after the gig?

Thanks.

I need some advice please- I am coming over from UK taking my friend who has never been to a Muse gig or Staples Centre-

Thanks.

There is plenty of parking at the Staples Center/LA Live area. There are street lots, and also underground parking right across the street under the Nokia Theater. There is very easy freeway access, too. Parking on the street lots can range from $10-20, and the underground lot is about $20-25. That area was designed to handle large crowds, I have been there many times while there have been multiple events going on and never had a problem with parking. The Will Call windows are on the side of the Staples Center that faces the Nokia Theater/restaurant area, on Chick Hearn Drive. It's not hard to find. Depending on where you will be staying and coming from, the freeway traffic can be unpredictable, so allow plenty of time for that.

Here is more information regarding parking. http://staplescenter.com/parking/parking-overview

http://staplescenter.com/parking/parking-lot-map

Thanks.

If you will be staying in a hotel in Downtown or say Hollywood, I'd recommend just taking public transit. There is a light rail station across the street from Staples. There is parking, but I'm not sure what time the lots will open for event parking.

damn...was on it the second the kroq presale went up and nothing

also missed the website presale since i didn't receive the email :/ have done every presale in the past with the muse presale too.

also doesnt help that you cant read half the captcha things

Same story here. Tried GA, while my gf tried best available and neither of us got anything :(

Yeah, I was on the second it was available as well. Tried 4 GA and pasted the code at lightning speed, then got hung up on the captcha for a few seconds because I didn't see the second image (the numbers), and came out empty handed. It blows my mind that so many people are fast enough to sell out the presales so quickly.

On ticket master, it seems there's another presale tomorrow called "GV/Venue Presale". Any idea what this is?

If I can't get 4 GA tickets by the morning of the public sale, then I'll wait patiently for a second night to be announced.

Everyone, it's not a hard concept to figure out... when someone gets tickets on hold, they have 10 minutes to buy them. If they release them without buying, they go back onto the available tickets. Just because you cannot "find tickets" on every search does not mean they won't become available at any moment. In other words, KEEP TRYING PEOPLE!

Everyone, it's not a hard concept to figure out... when someone gets tickets on hold, they have 10 minutes to buy them. If they release them without buying, they go back onto the available tickets. Just because you cannot "find tickets" on every search does not mean they won't become available at any moment. In other words, KEEP TRYING PEOPLE!

well versed in the concept of buying tickets, hell i even used to work with ticketmaster. i usually don't have to try and pull up 4 tickets. could pull up singles and 2, but nothing higher. currently 4 tickets are coming up in the 3rd level, if that's what you want. these do nothing for me though, so i will try again with another sale. if they add another date thats awesome, gives me even more of a chance. i've seen them 3 times already so i dont NEED to see them again, especially since i'm not a fan of the new album (might just need time to grow on me though, same as resistance).

If you will be staying in a hotel in Downtown or say Hollywood, I'd recommend just taking public transit. There is a light rail station across the street from Staples. There is parking, but I'm not sure what time the lots will open for event parking.

I'll be staying with my friend she thinks it'd be difficult to get a cab back home. Her husband is coming to drive us there and back hence I need to know about parking.

Thanx for your reply.

I'll be staying with my friend she thinks it'd be difficult to get a cab back home. Her husband is coming to drive us there and back hence I need to know about parking.

Thanx for your reply.

Where does she live?

It's been a while since I've had to park there, but I used to like to park at the Convention Center. The problem is that depending on what time you arrive, during the day the lots near Staples charge by the hour, then they change to flat fees.

Thanx for your reply.

there's a set of parking garages and parking lots right after you get off the 110N freeway (the fwy exit back south is right around the corner too) . that's where i always park. i think its only 2-3 blocks away

I go to lots of events at Staples (though I don't think I've been to a concert there since Muse) and there are countless parking lots nearby. On-site parking is like $25 for the garage next door and the lot behind, and they get clogged after the show, so avoid those. I like parking at LA Live even though it's also expensive, but if you drive a couple blocks in pretty much any direction from Staples Center, you will find cheaper and smaller lots for like $10.

So finding parking is never a problem. The fun part is figuring out how the hell to get back on the freeway after the show. :p

Where does she live?

It's been a while since I've had to park there, but I used to like to park at the Convention Center. The problem is that depending on what time you arrive, during the day the lots near Staples charge by the hour, then they change to flat fees.

there's a set of parking garages and parking lots right after you get off the 110N freeway (the fwy exit back south is right around the corner too) . that's where i always park. i think its only 2-3 blocks away

I don't know where she lives:stunned:

We only found each other last year and talked by emails. I'll pass on your information.

Thanx again:)

So finding parking is never a problem. The fun part is figuring out how the hell to get back on the freeway after the show. :p

I'm coming from a place that has a grand total of TWO interstate freeways. Help. :LOL:

Is there anywhere worth staying the night that is right on one of the light rail lines?

Thanx for your reply.

There's a lot right across from Staples that is cheap early in the day. I think it was $10, then it's around $15 or 20 in the afternoon. Good place to park if you're lining up. It was so easy to get out of, with very little traffic and easy to get onto the freeway after the gig. It was on 12th st. I took a pic from the lot, maybe that'll help with locating it. :LOL:

5023804397_02c2ef4cb6_z.jpg

I'm coming from a place that has a grand total of TWO interstate freeways. Help. :LOL:

Is there anywhere worth staying the night that is right on one of the light rail lines?

I think it is. Downtown LA and Hollywood are fun and easily accessible via rail. Heck, depending on where you stay in Downtown, you could walk to Staples.

Archived