2013.01.28 - Oracle Arena, Oakland, California, US

kueller

Holy shit, that was incredible. I shook Matt Bellamy's hand.

Showed up at 4p, was probably 100th in line. Managed to get 2nd row from barricade, and halfway through Muse, I got shoved right up to the barricade.

I was within 10 feet of Matt and Chris whenever they came down to the center platform, and then when Matt walked down, I was one of the lucky ones who got to shake his hand.

Definitely the best Muse concert I've been to so far. This one's going to be hard to beat.

I took some.

I figured that since I'm in the same space for the whole concert, it's unlikely that there is too much variance, so I might as well snap a bunch at once, hope 1 or 2 turn out ok, and put the camera away.

Then my 6-year old deleted my card this morning!!!

Bought some recovery software...glad to know software exists now! And it's not too pricey. I don't wanna spam here, so if you do an online search you can find it for under 50 bucks.

The VIP experience was so/so. There wasn't a ton of atmosphere in the pre-party. Aside from the food it was marginally better than the club bars upstairs. Having a TV that showed what was happening on stage would have been neat, since almost everyone skipped the opening band, some people didn't realize it.

As for the swag...I would have swapped the totes and drink bottles for a tshirt, but that's a personal choice. The Poster is not a poster, but a litho, so a thick card, not shiny paper. It's personalized to the concert, and numbered. Someone signed it, but I don't know who. It's in pencil, as is the numbering. Possibly the artist of poster?

Anyway, while figuring out the value of VIP over a regular ticket, a concert litho is usually $40-$50...if you go by Muse t-shirt prices, $70. The bottle is a thin metal bottle that would sell at merch for $20-$30, probably. There were totes for sale for $20...they are completely different to the ones for the VIP ticket, but I am merely working out value for the dollar.

So, for $220-$230 (depending on ticket master vs CID) there was the first 10 row ticket (which makes absolute sense, since you'll never get near the front if you're partying in a private room while the opening band is on), a $20 tote, a $40-$70 litho, a $20-$30 bottle and as much food as you can cram in two hours in a nice setting.

I wish they were selling the 5 or so prints they had at the pre-party. That would have been nice and exclusive, if they had one of each print per show.

Beer prices at Oracle were weird. At the pre-party they were $8.50, while upstairs they were $13.

Great show! Although I missed being on the barrier, it was fun to be able to have a bird's eye view of everything. I took a really great video of Undisclosed Desires, it was fun to see him shake people's hands and muff a few lyrics! :LOL:

Still can't believe I got to hear Sunburn!

Great show!

Here's a link to the Undisclosed video:

:D

provide by setlist.fm

1) The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

2) Supremacy

3) Hysteria - one i wanted to hear to early for this song

(Star-Spangled Banner intro)

4) Panic Station

5) Supermassive Black Hole

6) Resistance

7) Animals

8) Knights of Cydonia - epic

(Man with a Harmonica intro)

9) Monty Jam

10) Sunburn - awesome thanks for playing shonbiz song

11) Time Is Running Out - mind blowing

12) Liquid State - didnt think i was going to hear this one

13) Madness - the ladies love this song

14) Follow Me - i don't think they played this one :( my favorite song in 2nd law but was really efed up

15) Undisclosed Desires - i liked this song ladies loved it

16) Plug In Baby - really awesome we got this

17) New Born - awesome song

(Deftones' Headup outro)

Encore:

18) The 2nd Law: Isolated System

19) Uprising

(Extended outro)

Encore 2:

20) Starlight - song is awesome

21) Survival - good closing but it would be awesome if they closed with Hysteria

This setlist is from setlist.fm I know Follow Me was not played really wanted to hear it :(, but a lot of you said Matt was dealing with a cold and that particular song didn't sound to good or i was really drunk and they played it. Which song was in place of it? I really wanted Muscle Museum I was yelling for that. Let me know if you guys know what was left out and included. Anyone going to the Sac. Met a lot of people that came from LA to watch them here in Oaktown.

provide by setlist.fm

1) The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

2) Supremacy

3) Hysteria - one i wanted to hear to early for this song

(Star-Spangled Banner intro)

4) Panic Station

5) Supermassive Black Hole

6) Resistance

7) Animals

8) Knights of Cydonia - epic

(Man with a Harmonica intro)

9) Monty Jam

10) Sunburn - awesome thanks for playing shonbiz song

11) Time Is Running Out - mind blowing

12) Liquid State - didnt think i was going to hear this one

13) Madness - the ladies love this song

14) Follow Me - i don't think they played this one :( my favorite song in 2nd law but was really efed up

15) Undisclosed Desires - i liked this song ladies loved it

16) Plug In Baby - really awesome we got this

17) New Born - awesome song

(Deftones' Headup outro)

Encore:

18) The 2nd Law: Isolated System

19) Uprising

(Extended outro)

Encore 2:

20) Starlight - song is awesome

21) Survival - good closing but it would be awesome if they closed with Hysteria

This setlist is from setlist.fm I know Follow Me was not played really wanted to hear it :(, but a lot of you said Matt was dealing with a cold and that particular song didn't sound to good or i was really drunk and they played it. Which song was in place of it? I really wanted Muscle Museum I was yelling for that. Let me know if you guys know what was left out and included. Anyone going to the Sac. Met a lot of people that came from LA to watch them here in Oaktown.

Follow Me was played. Matt's still dealing with his cold or virus, he was missing notes and coughing a bunch during the show.

Maybe next gig I should try taking so much LSD every song looks like Showbiz.

...unless it's a bad trip then maybe everything will be Guiding Light.

But seriously. If it shows up on like 3 sources it's probably right.

Can't believe I missed that song. Was it good? Okay okay okay they played it must have been when i was in line getting a drink. Guess I missed that one particular song. Must give me a reason to go to Sac.

Archived