Sign O' the Times appreciation thread

Dave.

:phu: I don't mind Feeling Good.

SOTT is indeed their best cover. Still very odd lyrics for Matt to sing though, a really weird choice, but musically it works.

I really like Feeling Good! Maybe the promo version (no megaphone) more than the album one.

Yeah and I was surprised that he didn't make mistakes :LOL:

Great cover!

If they don't play it on tour at any point, I at least hope they play that riff after a song.

But on guitar the low E string is tuned to C so I doubt it will happen, unless it's played after MOTP.

and did you notice what guitars were used at cologne? MoTP was played at the roundhouse, was it played at Cologne?

Watching matts guitar tech use some fandango winding mechanism pre show at roundhouse was quite interesting.

I didn't like it first time I heard it. It sounds better 2nd time, but I can't help but compare the vocals with Prince and they sound better from an American than a Brit. All that 'horse' and reefer' stuff isn't very English :phu:

It's Matt's posh and overly-dramatic voice that makes it sound as silly as it does more than anything else :chuckle:

I guess they wanted to underline the fact that they've been listening to Prince.

I'm looking forward to the "QUEEN JUBILEE - THE ULTIMATE TRIBUTE"-2014 tour.

He's one of their heroes isn't he? They had a funny story about him once....something to do with them fanboying on the side of the stage he was performing on, pretending to be roadies so they could watch from there, I think.

Some would stay they've been celebrating the Queen Jubiliee their whole career :chuckle: I only noticed it from The Resistance though :p

Voice doesn't fit at all imo. Can barely hear a word he says since he has to put all his energy on even managing to sing it.

Not to mention that I haven't heard him that nasal in ages. And the amazing chorus melody is slaughtered :(

and did you notice what guitars were used at cologne? MoTP was played at the roundhouse, was it played at Cologne?

Watching matts guitar tech use some fandango winding mechanism pre show at roundhouse was quite interesting.

MOTP was only played at the Roundhouse, and there's now a lot of tuning Matt is going through now I have noticed on studio recordings.

Archived