Manson CE-7 Guitar (Pope Jazz Hands Signature)

JimboMansonMB-1

So you're looking for names for this?

Otherwise, something space related. Cosmo?

Cover sounds great. Is that the line 6 rig?

Well Eve was supposed to be like the night sky. Might call her Eve. Bitches love palindromes.

Thanks buddy, yeah the classic hd500 to DT25 setup. Essentially using a dual rectifier patch, did mess with a marshall plexi patch a bit but never got it to sound as meaty.

I called the patch double rainbow. Really want to focus on amps etc now that the guitar spending spree is officially over

Like this? :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JVw8eofx8Q

Not into the whole naming guitars thing - did think of naming my custom Bane, as in Bane of my existence, for a while though, but it wouldn't stick, haha! :LOL:

nah eve, eva is too white to work.

yeah i just give it a name but it never sticks :p carbonita is called juanita for its spanish cedar heritage.

Sounds like a thin electroacoustic. Not sure how much use I would put that to for clean, but I bet it sounds immense blended into the neck signal at high gain.

There really shouldn't be much hum at all, are you sure it's wired correctly? Have a look inside and see if it has the actual Fishman Acoustiphonic pre-amp.

Sounds like a thin electroacoustic. Not sure how much use I would put that to for clean, but I bet it sounds immense blended into the neck signal at high gain.

There really shouldn't be much hum at all, are you sure it's wired correctly? Have a look inside and see if it has the actual Fishman Acoustiphonic pre-amp.

Yeah I really lowered the gain on it so maybe that's why it sounds a bit thin. Does sound immense when I crank it up again (but hum!). Blending with neck MBK-3 is awesome but wanted to just show the piezo bits

It's a graph tech acoustic thingy pre amp. My parker guitar uses the fishman and that doesn't hum. Not much else I can do besides increase or decrease gain.

Weird how?

As far as the acoustiphonic thing, if you have that I think you only really need to add pots & switches to access all the features like the blend etc.

weird as in it's not really common to rock a 7 string acoustic. getting used to it though, but just doing 6 string stuff when i go piezo, for the aftermaths i just djent on the low A.

yeah the preamp is mega flexible based on what i've read on the manual. obviously down to the builder and how he sets it up, in this case I think i've got stereo output jack for 2 separate streams, a dark / mid push pull knob, piezo volume knob which will blend when you increase the volume on the magnetics. no quickswitch.

• 1 month later...

What gauge string would be best for drop A tuning? I rarely play other tunings. The string doesn't feel tense and it's quite loose, which is affecting tonez.

What gauge string would be best for drop A tuning? I rarely play other tunings. The string doesn't feel tense and it's quite loose, which is affecting tonez.

I find 56 is a nice gauge to aim for on the 7th string. I use 52 for my 6 String, and it works alright to do a quick CE or Supremacy cover, but the 56 has a bit better tension on the string when it's in A.

Archived