Manson CE-7 Guitar (Pope Jazz Hands Signature)

JimboMansonMB-1

how come manson's have to finish the guitar completely, before they make any custom changes?

I guess it makes the up costing easier for them rather than saying oh it's not having the red finish it's having a black sparkle so there's only a small cost difference with changing the finish, it's full price for the finish guitar then any extra work is the full price on top of that.

I guess it makes the up costing easier for them rather than saying oh it's not having the red finish it's having a black sparkle so there's only a small cost difference with changing the finish, it's full price for the finish guitar then any extra work is the full price on top of that.

This.

Or, they have the guitars delivered mostly complete, then just set them up at Mansons.

Not sure which is worse.

I like the dust on the pickup to give that glitter effect - really nice touch! :yesey:

Looks fantastic - a lot better than I imagined. You must be feeling pretty happy right now!

haha yeah. I really skimmed out on the cleaning before shooting, was real tired from playing it all night.

I think the switch from chrome hardware to black really puts the glitter in the limelight. Black is by far the best colour to use for glitter, everything pops.

But yeah, really happy with it, getting used to the neck profile. Piezo is fun but the extra string does get in the way with chords, the low A (rocking A on the 7th string) doesn't sound too weird for an acoustic note (rocking supremacy on acoustic atm).

Neck glitter is still my favourite bit.

Agreed on the black hardware, they really work. But, I think there's something about the shape that doesn't seem to lend itself to the glitter look in my eyes. I'm not into that kind of flash, and I suspect it's better in the flesh either way. I would have liked to see it in satin black --> StealthCE7 <--

Agreed on the black hardware, they really work. But, I think there's something about the shape that doesn't seem to lend itself to the glitter look in my eyes. I'm not into that kind of flash, and I suspect it's better in the flesh either way. I would have liked to see it in satin black --> StealthCE7 <--

The horn still looks like a sparkly black dildo. A satin black stealth would look nice. Dunno if they'd do it as a run considering how much they love the translucent book matching flames.

But yeah, I'm all about the flash! My custom mirror is definitely better in the flesh than I could ever portray in photos or videos but black glitter really shows off the glitter compared to silver

also originally wanted it without fretdots (pro's only need side dots). The fret dots aren't too bad on this one, really balances out with the screws on the pickups.

Also Aftermath is all meat no veg.

Fixed.

I guess the fret dots are installed before Mansons even get to look at the guitar, so I can see why you had to keep them. I think they look ok, and suit the Liberace style you're rocking.

Fixed.

I guess the fret dots are installed before Mansons even get to look at the guitar, so I can see why you had to keep them. I think they look ok, and suit the Liberace style you're rocking.

yeah, if i wanted no fret dots it would be a custom guitar build. someone on the facebook page thought the fretdots had LEDs, considered it but I think the glitter is eye blinding enough.

Haha someone doesn't like the Manson branding, but yes, aftermaths = meat.

yeah, if i wanted no fret dots it would be a custom guitar build. someone on the facebook page thought the fretdots had LEDs, considered it but I think the glitter is eye blinding enough.

Haha someone doesn't like the Manson branding, but yes, aftermaths = meat.

I found this crazy. When I started working on my Mattocaster replica, getting a neck without the inlays costed a lot more than to have one with the inlays.

I thought it was insane, when the neck is coming from a place that makes necks, no inlays = less work and less materials, yet the charge you more money!

I found this crazy. When I started working on my Mattocaster replica, getting a neck without the inlays costed a lot more than to have one with the inlays.

I thought it was insane, when the neck is coming from a place that makes necks, no inlays = less work and less materials, yet the charge you more money!

To be fair if the standard necks all come with inlays, having a separate stream of necks being produced without inlays would cost more especially if they don't require a huge quantity of them.

Not to mention that they're set necks, so you'd either have to replace the fretboard, or the entire neck. And given that they're effectively refinishing a factory built guitar, they're unlikely to want to do that. The cost would be prohibitive enough to warrant a full custom anyway.

Not to mention that they're set necks, so you'd either have to replace the fretboard, or the entire neck. And given that they're effectively refinishing a factory built guitar, they're unlikely to want to do that. The cost would be prohibitive enough to warrant a full custom anyway.

the custom vs mod job was over £1k difference, bit much for having effectively the same build but with fret dots removed, I suppose it will also be built by Tim alone so that's another pro.

To be fair if the standard necks all come with inlays, having a separate stream of necks being produced without inlays would cost more especially if they don't require a huge quantity of them.

The place I got my neck builds them custom per order though, can change any specification to what you want. Otherwise I agree with you for most other cases. It just seems crazy to charge more for some guy to say hey, don't do your job for that neck when it comes down the line.

Archived