Manson CE-7 Guitar (Pope Jazz Hands Signature)

JimboMansonMB-1

I haven't been able to put down my CE-7!

I keep sniffing the inside of it's case too, it smells lovely :ninja:

How's everyone finding theirs? :)

I haven't been able to put down my CE-7!

How's everyone finding theirs? :)

I need some distance between the ce-7 and custom so yeah, non existent atm ;)

They asked how much I wanted the ce-7 sanded down by and Tim asked "like bomber?" Pretty much nailed it. It would be ok if it had binding but since my finish is sans binding the fucker needs to look a bit more lozenge looking. Fingers cross it will arrive next month

It sounds like they're putting quite a lot of extra love into your one then! No doubt it'll be one of the most unique Manson's we've seen. Are you having any hardware changes?

I think we're all just as excited as you are to see how it'll turn out :)

It sounds like they're putting quite a lot of extra love into your one then! No doubt it'll be one of the most unique Manson's we've seen. Are you having any hardware changes?

I think we're all just as excited as you are to see how it'll turn out :)

Wouldn't say unique, its just a refinish and a reshape of the guitar. I've added piezo option since I do use piezo back in the days and would love a Manson guitar with it (also the knobs will make more sense). Otherwise just the same ce-7 with different coloured hardware. Will ultimately shit on the other ce-7s. Aiming to shit on matts 7 string too because I think the shape is good, just not the finish

I still love the smell of my MB-1 case more than a year on, haha! Hoping the custom case lives up to it, or do they all smell like that? :LOL:

The other thing I love is the smell of my amp when it's on - to do with the tubes I'm assuming. Smells good, haha! :chuckle:

What's the string guage on these guys? I think James mentioned the B is a .60 but is the rest just .10-.46? Thinking about strings for my custom I was a bit worried about there being too much difference in tone and feel between, say, the 6th and 7th strings but the pictures look okay, not as much of a jump as I expected? How are you finding it? Need to figure out what I'm having on mine, if it ever gets done.

It had a label on there saying Dadarrio Strings, the others felt like 10-46 so looking at their gauges I reckon it is their set which is 10 - 59. This was fine for low B stuff but was a bit flappy for low A

Kev changed mine to a 70 and seems fine, might be overkill but we are used to the 60 on the E string on a few of our guitars

Hope this helps :)

Hmmm, thanks man. I think we're going to go 10-60 on my custom. I don't want there to be too much of a jump in thickness between the 6th and 7th strings, and anything too thick is going to make the trem quite hard to use. Hoping 60 will have enough tension for an A, even if on a fixed bridge slightly thicker might be better. I've never needed anything like a 60 for an E though, and I'm more than happy with the 52 on my MB for D/E, but 46 should be fine for it on the custom I'd imagine so hopefully down to 60 for the A would be okay then? :erm:

• 1 month later...

Need some opinions before it's too late:

So guitar is currently getting stripped of paint and sprayed soon. Need to decide on hardware colours.

Originally wanted to have it chrome knobs, bridge, machine heads, pickups but now I kinda want it ALL black

FORTS?

so black? or is there actually a difference?

i think it's also referred to as cosmo black

same as what's on my new one:

custom2.jpg

or the bridge/tailpiece and knobs anyway

think it would look better than flat black to be honest, with the holographic glitter and all

Archived