2013.02.04 - Pengrowth Saddledome, Calgary, Canada

kaitie<3

Aside from being AMAZINGLY excited to be going to see my ALL-TIME favourite band....ever!!!!! (Ever since my parents brought me home "Showbiz" from a trip to the UK in 2000.....I was 12!) I have been doing everything imaginable (NOT illegal ;) ) to get my hands on backstage passes...but sadly to no avail.........So this is my last ditch effort...hoping to be NOTICED ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please hear my call!!!!!! <3 2013.02.04 <3

• 1 month later...

Took a bus at an ungodly hour of the morning from Saskatoon to Edmonton for the show that very night. Best. Show. Ever. Until the next night when I had VIP tix in Calgary. It topped the Best Show Ever. Seamless change up of playlist from one city to the next, without losing intensity.

Edmonton was great. Though my seats weren't the most fab, entirely because I didn't buy them til a couple of months after they sale went on, the show was still amazing. Simple to take the LRT to Rexall Place, even for the directionally challenged such as myself, and it drops you AT THE DOOR.

Sadly, I was slightly disappointed in Calgary. Despite the promises of swag, I failed to receive some of it - I did not receive the water bottle at all, though that is clearly promised on the website. The bag was slightly cheaper in construction than I expected. The poster was, frankly, embarrassing - I don't want a Flames hockey jersey with 'Muse' chalked in on the back as a poster. Clearly that was designed hurriedly by someone with an overinflated sense of Calgariness. Was offered an "upgraded" seat as I was a single, which was then only partially blocked by stage paraphernalia as opposed to fully blocked in the VIP seating area. The pre-show party consisted of deep-fried and tepid food, 2 versions of t-shirts, no event host that I know of and nothing else. While the Saddledome staff were helpful and polite in directing me to my new seating, I'm pretty sure I went around the entire building to find it because I had to ask 3 different people who all gave me different directions. And since I ordered the VIP tix from Livenation, not Ticketmaster, that was another piece of hell in a bucket - THAT office was located on the other side of the regular box office and in the basement, and there was no adequate signage (in Edmonton, the VIP banners flew outside the main entrance doors).

I had not taken a holiday alone in something like 20 years, and I had to meet some challenges to take the trip, and I devoted it to Muse, only to find that the promises at cidentertainment.com/muse/ were scantily followed through. I will see Muse again, some day. I don't blame them for the somewhat poor showing by the marketing unit. Don't get me wrong, this is not a scathing attack - those of you anticipating flaming me back please understand that I still love Muse. I don't love being misled by marketing.

Archived