Glenn Beck responds to criticism from Muse band leader Matthew Bellamy

Riveon

Ohh nice use of rhetoric in that open letter. It's impossible to oppose to 'freedom' - which is what he is claiming to defend. A bit of a narrow view of freedom as well, because, for example, if it is ultimately up to the individual (as he says), then the individual would theoretically be free to shoot me, thereby limiting my freedom, etc. You can see where this is going, yet it's difficult to say "well, I'm opposed to making my own decisions" because of course you're not - and by making that the essence of freedom, he makes it impossible to disagree.

I kind of wish Matt would reply to it (and be clever enough to point out the obvious flaws in this guys reasoning). He doesn't even have to agree or disagree with the guy, I think.

However, I don't really know who Glenn Beck is so maybe he's less of a manipulative person than he seems to come across now.

However, I don't really know who Glenn Beck is so maybe he's less of a manipulative person than he seems to come across now.

He's a manipulative, misogynistic, racist fuckwit. Matt should not respond, he should completely ignore him, as that will annoy the nasty piece of shit far more than any response Matt can come up with...

Well his letter clarified fuck all about his aims and his reaction to Matt disregarding him. Yet another self righteous American :rolleyes:

I agree - anytime he disagreed with Matt, he just dismissed his beliefs as "European, whatever" as if you couldn't expect anything better from Europeans :LOL:

Sounds like a complete nutter to me

/Glenn Beck

No need to comment further on it. Although if any of you are interested in shooting a reply to this letter I would watch.

However, it would need to feature at least:

7 Blackboards

3 Insults to the lower classes

1 Crazy bigoted white man

/Glenn Beck

No need to comment further on it. Although if any of you are interested in shooting a reply to this letter I would watch.

However, it would need to feature at least:

7 Blackboards

3 Insults to the lower classes

1 Crazy bigoted white man

Welcome back.

Archived