SMBH iTunes Festival

RobTheMoose

my guess would be a glitchy octave down with slow tracking resulting in those portamento/pitch glide and artifact like stuff

it is pretty cool imo

Definitely, I think it's a nice change, adds something to the song

maybe mxr blue box ?

I was thinking that at first, but it's almost like a synth with the unstableness of a Fuzz Factory

Apparently he now has a DT, maybe that combined with something else?

He's definitely changed something in his rig, that tone was effing thick! :D

Wow I can't believe he's gone for the amp sims rather than the real amps :stunned: Even though they're really good it seems... odd.

To be honest these days amp sims are rather good. For recording yeah you might still want to use amps but for live performances you won't notice any real difference once is mixed with drums, bass etc.

Only people who will are people who know he uses an amp sim. And even then i have my doubts on whether they can truly hear the difference or whether they are hearing what they want to hear

I'm pretty sure someone said he was using the diezel simulator on the axe FX

no idea why he has two kempers. I'm guessing it's pretty unlikely for them to blow up :erm:

As good as the axe fx sounds (and it really sounds amazing), I think the kempers are a different world of tone. Must be what he's using, especially since he has two. Unless he's modeling using all of them! Which I think I'm right in saying, with the switchblade, he could do.

• 3 weeks later...
To be honest these days amp sims are rather good. For recording yeah you might still want to use amps but for live performances you won't notice any real difference once is mixed with drums, bass etc.

Only people who will are people who know he uses an amp sim. And even then i have my doubts on whether they can truly hear the difference or whether they are hearing what they want to hear

I've always believed that the end result, what we hear coming out of that PA, is more important than what is happening in behind the scenes.

I presume he will likely all ways use actual amps for the studio recording process.

yeah, he has one in his rack. apparently he's using the diezel simulator.

448px-2ndlawrack.jpg

I saw that earlier and I thought at first "where is amp rack", it certainly seems more straight forward.

Archived