regarding that B&H bass, I think the rhythm is swung and the scale (it might be a minor blues?) is slightly different. But I do hear some similarities.

What B&H bass? I hope that you aren't one of those people who compare so-called "New bass sound" video to the B&H bass line.

I actually envy you.

I'm not sure why. Ive just had a feeling this album will be the one that finally makes me move on as a fan. I've just found the most recent two were not the kind of albums that I really could listen to again and again. Maybe my taste has changed. If it goes back to OOS/Absolution like some are saying then I'll be happy. I just have a feeling it will take a more cheese kind of Rock direction.

I had the same feelings about the last two albums, but then I realized there are virtually no new albums by any artist I still listen to start to finish. It may be that my digital-age attention span has just ruined things for me.

I've had a few recently. Although they're becoming more few and far between. St.Vincent and Royal Blood were pretty good.

I had low expectations, but virtually every bit of news and all leaked snippets have turned me completely the other way (im easily swayed). I really do have a feeling this album will please a lot of the hardcore musers out there. That's not to say it will be returning completely to the style of old, but something tells me this could be a comeback album of sorts (and yes, comeback is the correct term in my opinion).

I get the feeling even Matt in all his eccentricity might have realised recently just how pompous and over the top the last two albums were. I know Muse wear their influences on their sleeves but some particular moments on the last two records were completely ridiculous. Bordering on self-parody, even.

I'm not sure if this is album news, but have you guys seen this?

Sounds like uprising will be in pitch perfect 2, which is really exciting! Movie comes out in May, Drones is probably coming out in May, my obsessive fan speculation leads me to believe the movie would be really good press for getting word out to casuals about the new album? Or not, and the movie producers just really like the song, which will help Muse sales either way :p

Archived