What's a typical funk performance?

Well, I meant anything between Funkadelic and James Brown, really. Not sure whether Matt tackling Brown's barking and hollering would be more catastrophic than an attempt that the laconic stuff you get on say, Mothership Connection.

Dude...that's disco, this is funk

Parliament was not disco. P-Funk- the clue's in the name.

A Lateralus kind of song is what i expect next from Muse. I mean it has to be done.

I can't see Muse delivering music that sounds as, err, austere as Tool. They're more likely to skew towards Deftones territory.

Why else do you think I made the Gira + Sunn O))) remark?

People who suggest Muse to DJs are people I never ever wanna party with.

Or meet for that matter.

Lol why!? I've done it before but only when wasted and then in the morning thought how catastrophic it would have sounded in one of Plymouth's many nightclubs.

Still, certainly makes a change from the horrifically mundane chart crap they force down our throats all the time. I swear it's the same generic beats and those hideous "drops" everyone seems to love.

Well excuuuuuse me. Every time I check this thread there's been 10 pages of bullshit, and I'm not wading through it to find one nugget of actual news. :rolleyes:

And yes, I knew about the festivals. Did not hear that a promoter said mid-may.

http://www.ledauphine.com/isere-sud/2014/11/25/remi-perrier-j-ai-l-honneur-de-vous-annoncer-que-muse-sera-a-musilac

Here's the link. But just so you know, this was info from November 25...

So how soon is very soon? :LOL:

Lmao that feel when "Drones" is actually the name of his shipment of Cort MBC guitars...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX14yfT8hGo

I've just thrown this together on logic Pro X, recreating the riff and combining it with drum tracks similar to existing Muse songs, only to just realise someone did the exact same thing a few days ago :rolleyes:

But here you go if you want to listen.

Awesome. You just got me hyped for the album.

My pessimism forces me to wonder if that promoter was just guessing, as so many of us are, because it would be utterly weird to do 20+ festivals and THEN put out the album.

And the band did appear to state they were going to play some new music; again, not impossible w/o an album release, but imo pretty unlikely.

I still firmly believe "before the festivals" though.

My pessimism forces me to wonder if that promoter was just guessing, as so many of us are, because it would be utterly weird to do 20+ festivals and THEN put out the album.

And the band did appear to state they were going to play some new music; again, not impossible w/o an album release, but imo pretty unlikely.

I still firmly believe "before the festivals" though.

The French future tense he used in the interview suggests he knows this as concrete information, rather than speculative.

At all? Listen again.

It sounds only vaguely similar to the part after 1:25 but when I hear "Helsinki Jam" I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKNkqVOOeSQ

1:11 ~ 1:25 is the main riff of the jam, the rest is just backbone. Regardless, after 1:25 Chris mainly just plays open notes and hammers on any that aren't open. Matt in the riff isn't just playing mainly open notes, but a bunch of notes up the neck, with some open notes serving to add rhythm; Chris plays way more open notes in Helsinki.

tl;dr they're vaguely similar, but even then not even to the main riff of Helsinki so??? nah not really

Archived