Phase and modulation effects were very popular in rock songs we consider classic but I kind of see where you might be coming from. But I think all those changes just make it modern rock, not a specific band update.

Yeah I sort of realised that a minute ago... As zep certainly loved their phase effects :)

Do you get what I mean through? its not band specific but this is what I'm trying to say that muse doing a modern take on hard rock could be really good. It seems that some people are concerned that muse being influenced by classic rock means we will get an AC/DC album but I don't think this will happen at all I think we might get a modern take on that genre of music and that would be great but I don't think muse are going to become dad rock anytime soon :LOL:

I do :LOL: Nah but in all seriousness a modern take on AC/DC, Sabbath and Zep style rock would be good like royal blood sort of thing :) because as much as people love to call royal blood fresh and new and as much as you lot will disagree they are just the 21st century version of AC/DC.

What? :LOL:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the similarity to this new video and Muse's B-side The Gallery. Hopefully the new album isn't all heavy and has some more slower-paced eerie tracks as well. Muse used to do weird well.

:yesey:

I'm a huge fan of Screenager, Niche and the quieter Hullabaloo tracks. My favourite parts of the last couple of albums were generally the more subdued moments, as well.

I'd be disappointed if the whole album were just 10-12 tracks of heavy rock and very little dynamic range.

Youtube channel thing is interesting - kicking the announcements off directly with some form of video.

When are we thinking? Sounds like something is coming.

Would a release of a single/track teaser be unrealistic given the clip this week that suggests they're still recording?

Would be too optimistic. I have no idea where Matt is at the moment but presumably in California, he just bought a house in Malibu. If the boys are near LA then that means they might either be still touching up the record or in the process of mixing/mastering; if the latter, then it's possible we can get something soon. Odds are though it's irrelevant where they are now since presumably Tom is/was given a date to put something out by and I'm sure he already has what he needs (if he has anything at all to put out like the T2L trailer)

Muse posted on Facebook "subscribe to the YouTube channel for the latest updates." Probably doesn't mean much but I was wondering if that meant we'd get an album trailer or something soon.

Exactly what I was thinking actually.

What? :LOL:

Yeah could have worded that better :LOL:

They aren't similar in approach or anything like that but both bands do have the same criticism thrown at them that most of their songs sound very similar. You might not think it now but I will be willing to bet in a few years time after royal blood put out a few albums you might, sort of see where I'm coming from (basically I think both bands lack diversity in their songs).

And this isn't a criticism of either band as I'm a big fan of both and I don't want either messing about with pianos or synths :D

As for you Fabri I just give up :LOL: sigh!!!

Would be too optimistic. I have no idea where Matt is at the moment but presumably in California, he just bought a house in Malibu. If the boys are near LA then that means they might either be still touching up the record or in the process of mixing/mastering; if the latter, then it's possible we can get something soon. Odds are though it's irrelevant where they are now since presumably Tom is/was given a date to put something out by and I'm sure he already has what he needs (if he has anything at all to put out like the T2L trailer)

There was a picture of Matt with a fan in the UK a couple of days before that Instagram was put up, so he wasn't in LA a few days ago, at least.

I'm excited for a single, or even some more info, but I actually hope it's not something like the last trailer.

While I enjoyed it, it was just put out there to drive PR with all the kids bitching about "omg dubstep" all over the internet.

But, the single is probably still months off, if I'm being honest with myself.

Aren't Muse banned from Radio 1 though?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/wtf/bbc_radio_1_boss_says_green_day_and_muses_music_isnt_good_enough_to_be_played_on-air.html?no_takeover

In regards to Muse: "Muse are approaching a crossroads - their last single was the first one not playlisted by Radio 1 in a decade. The door remains open to them but we’ll have to think carefully about their next album."

Archived