Then I expect first single to be released in March.

Good god, waaay to long..

That would be nice.

I'm hoping they go back to proper singles that have a couple of b-sides with them. It would have been nice to hear songs that didn't make it onto T2L, if there were any...

That would be nice.

I'm hoping they go back to proper singles that have a couple of b-sides with them. It would have been nice to hear songs that didn't make it onto T2L, if there were any...

The thing is that nowadays they don't really make enough songs for b-sides. They make the songs that are on the album, and the ones that are left are like, demos on Matt's computer that certainly aren't ready for release.

I don't want an ACDC-like, over chord-y classic rock album :(

I do :LOL: Nah but in all seriousness a modern take on AC/DC, Sabbath and Zep style rock would be good like royal blood sort of thing :) because as much as people love to call royal blood fresh and new and as much as you lot will disagree they are just the 21st century version of AC/DC.

I can't even imagine what the disappointment will be like if/when this album turns out to be The Resistance Part 3, a mish-mash of random songs loosely based on whatever half-arsed theory/conspiracy/political something-or-other that is Matt's flavour of the week.

I can't even imagine what the disappointment will be like if/when this album turns out to be The Resistance Part 3, a mish-mash of random songs loosely based on whatever half-arsed theory/conspiracy/political something-or-other that is Matt's flavour of the week.

Let me see: empathy gap, WW3 and deep ecology (what the heck...?)...

Yes, excluding the supposedly more cohesive overall sound, the premises for that kind of album are all upon the table. Sorry. :B

Deep ecology is not only a dumb philosophy but also rather hypocritical of Matt considering its emphasis on simple living and "living off the land" kinds of attitudes and treating the environment as though it's actually an ethical consideration in itself. Meanwhile Matt is off driving his Lambo around and using unbelievable amounts of electricity in live gigs.

Deep ecology is not only a dumb philosophy but also rather hypocritical of Matt considering its emphasis on simple living and "living off the land" kinds of attitudes and treating the environment as though it's actually an ethical consideration in itself. Meanwhile Matt is off driving his Lambo around and using unbelievable amounts of electricity in live gigs.

I don't think he uses themes like this to "do his part," I just think he's interested in them.

He also owns a farm? Most people in developed countries need cars to get around, regardless whether they get good or bad fuel economy, and without electricity how do you expect them to gig at all? They're not going to strip down the scope of the show any time soon, it's the only way they make money. Regardless, as Hopix said he's probably noting something he'd want to see change in time while continuing doing to do what he's doing

He also owns a farm? Most people in developed countries need cars to get around, regardless whether they get good or bad fuel economy, and without electricity how do you expect them to gig at all? They're not going to strip down the scope of the show any time soon, it's the only way they make money. Regardless, as Hopix said he's probably noting something he'd want to see change in time while continuing doing to do what he's doing

You're missing the point.

He's also talked about the conflict between needing to scale back energy consumption and the desire to see technology advance to cool new places, and eventually having to leave the planet if the species wants to survive.

And wrote a song calling out people who were born "lucky" and are able to live above others.

And called that massive stadium energy hog of a tour the "Unsustainable tour" - probably not ironically.

It's just shit he saw on TV some night at 3am and decided to write about.

I still massively prefer it over the typical love/sex/depression crap you normally hear.

Yes

No

What's "a modern take" anyway. Never makes much sense.

Right I'm going to try to explain this as best as possible...

Both AC/DC, zep, Sabbath and royal blood song structures are similar, they have big riffs and have very few layers of sound, typically just a guitar sound and drums with both bass and guitar playing the same thing for the majority of the time.

The difference between the two and this is what I mean by the 21st bit is that where as the older artist use less effects pedals and those that they do will typically reduce the sonic range and give you that classic rock sound.

Where as modern bands playing the same thing tend to look to create as big a sound as possible and tend to try to avoid compressing their sound too much. You also have more effects being used such as sweeps and phasers and generally the way the music is mastered is different and the tone of the guitars etc. Older riff based music generally always have clean bass sounds where as newer tracks tend to experiment with bass sounds more.

Two things I haven't proof read any of this so enjoy ;) and I'm not actually sure if any of this actually makes sense!!

Archived