I was also more thinking that the festival schedule is so tight, if the album isn't done by then, wouldn't they be blocking out a really big chunk of time that they couldn't work on it?

I can imagine recording will be finished by early to mid february at latest so all that will be left is the mixing and production which they won't need to be on hand for

They will quite obviously play new stuff at the summer festivals, just like the BH&R tour.

Four or five new songs, I would imagine, before rolling out most of the new album at the inevitable Europe tour later this year.

Don't know what you're on about. Album is most definitely coming out before this summer run, meaning the whole record will be played well before a dedicated Europe tour. I don't know why people think otherwise

Don't know what you're on about. Album is most definitely coming out before this summer run, meaning the whole record will be played well before a dedicated Europe tour. I don't know why people think otherwise

So just because the album will be out just before the festival your that means every new song will be played? They haven't done that EVER before.

So just because the album will be out just before the festival your that means every new song will be played? They haven't done that EVER before.

Obviously not every new song, but enough (save that one track they're embarrassed about, as per usual) to say that they've played the record.

>jjthemuse

>trying this hard

Cut the crap. Obviously he didn't mean that!

Surely the album will be released before this tour. Wouldn't make sense otherwise?

Obviously not every new song, but enough (save that one track they're embarrassed about, as per usual) to say that they've played the record.

Yeah I definitely understand what you're getting at, but you did specifically say the whole record, but anyway.

My point goes for "most of the record" too. I'd say that a maximum of 7 songs will be played. Probably 5-7, but only 4-5 will be played regularly.

I can imagine recording will be finished by early to mid february at latest so all that will be left is the mixing and production which they won't need to be on hand for

I think they've gone back in and are adding final touches after listening back -

Lots of 'I could play that better' and 'that needs something like this'.

My guess would be it's 'finished' in that they'll have this good rest now and go back to the album to listen with real fresh ears and redo what they feel they need to.

We don't know for sure but I'd say they'll reconvene soon and listen back at everything they've recorded, make the tweaks they want before starting to mix and master properly.

Hmmm, I think they're just enjoying a long break - as I've said many times before I think it is mostly done bar some tweaks which will be recorded when they listen back through it all.

I think they've gone back in and are adding final touches after listening back -

Lots of 'I could play that better' and 'that needs something like this'.

I think you made your views on this pretty clear already

Muse have never been in the position, certainly following the release of their last four albums, come the first show of a tour to play live every song off said new album. That just hasn't happened and the tracks below have been held over until the arena shows in 2003, 2006, 2009 and 2012 - or even longer.

With them clearly looking to debut new stuff at the festivals this summer, I can't see the pattern changing. It'll be four or fives new ones with greatest hits.

Absolution - Ruled By Secrecy, Endlessly and Falling Away With You.

Black Holes & Revelations - Exo-Politics, City Of Delusion and Hoodoo.

The Resistance - Guiding Light, MK Ultra, I Belong To You and Exogenesis.

The Second Law - Explorers, Big Freeze, Liquid State and Unsustainable.

for some reason I'm really hoping that the kinds of festivals they'll be playing really indicate the intensity of lp7, as well as the all-round intensity of those gigs.

I mean they'll be playing alongside heaven shall burn and gojira at rock in vienna ffs, surely they don't want to go all "our hopes and expectaaaaaations" on us :LOL:

Archived