There is also 'Apolitical' and 'Natural Disaster' listed there as well. There doesn't seem to be any other working titles for other songs there. These must be new songs I think.

So these are all of the songs listed that haven't been released yet.

-A Study In Pomposity

-Amusement

-Apolitical

-Bass Trem

-Disco

-Insomnia

-My Desire

-Natural Disaster

-Spiders and Snakes

-This Is The Life

-Untitled 1

-Untitled 2

Two of those are Interpol songs!

I just looked through song titles written by Matt on Warners website. There are a few titles that I haven't seen before....

-Disco

Now some of these may be working titles for songs that have been released before but even so wouldn't we have heard of them before? And there are 10 song titles there. Sounds about the right amount for a new album???

If I recall correctly Disco was a working title for Supermassive Black Hole

Think it was probably just a gesture of goodwill. Besides, the album was written a good while ago now, might be a bit late to start including tracks that reference events that happened within the last week or so.

Because Islamic extremism only came into existence in "the last week or so."

Deep ecology and WW3 themes hint that the album will touch on modern-era politics, likely terrorism. Let's not forget Dead Star and IYW were written in response to 9/11 -- the lyrics are really quite scary when you consider that perspective.

The guy said recent events, after a twitter post on the Charlie Hebdo attacks. I assumed that's what he was referring to but yeah hopefully Matt pens a song about extremist Muslims, that's clearly the kind of attention you'd want after the last few days lol.

Jesus, I haven't been following world events but this is insane. So just to be clear, these were Islamic terrorists that went after some cartoonists because of their satire?

Didn't the same thing happen to some political cartoonist in Europe a couple years ago as well?

I've only just caught up on it all yesterday, but yeah pretty much. Not sure about the latter, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Archived